Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

... - Agriculture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (317466 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Turks: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2017
Vitalyte isn’t as good as Amintotal or Vitaminolyte or miavit. These are powerful vitamins known by serious Farms.
EMMAACHILE:

Get a good multivitamin like powervit or vitalyte or a local vitamin called super vitamins.
Look for those with the ingredients biotin though powervit or vitalyte are good to go.

For fast recovery, you can add calcium phosphate to the water.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
Turks:
Vitalyte isn’t as good as Amintotal or Vitaminolyte or miavit. These are powerful vitamins known by serious Farms.
Thought it is same as powervit?
Re: ... by Turks: 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
On the contrary boss. It’s not. It stand on its own. AMIN’TOTAL (made by LAPROVET) has a class of its own.
EMMAACHILE:

Thought it is same as powervit?
Re: ... by jamp: 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
weldone oga Emma,

what is your experince so far with Agrited in terms of mortality,weight and resistant to disease? are they better than zartech

cheers
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
jamp:
weldone oga Emma,

what is your experince so far with Agrited in terms of mortality,weight and resistant to disease? are they better than zartech

cheers
This is simply the best broilers I have raised. No mortality due to disease but I had 3 mortality out of 102.
2 due to stampede and 1 was pecked by others at the vent and died two days later.

The resistance to disease I may not know since I am using a herbal mixture and good litter management.

Weight was 0.5kg at 2 weeks.
I will update with pictures when I get home.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
3 weeks old (23) days

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
More

1 Like

Re: ... by RealityShot: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Decoction is boiling a liquid for enhancing it's value. Eg boiling leaves to get a better medicinal value.

Raw Moringa leaves have a lot of antinutrients to poultry. Boiling it kills this antinutrients and makes it a better herb.

Moringa decoction is known to prevent chicks or humans from falling ill by boosting the immune system. Moringa has a lot of multivitamins too.

Moringa decoction is known to cure and prevent coccidiosis, fowl cholera, diarrhea, and also kill all bacteria related diseases.
do you feed them the leaves or the water used to boil the leaves?
thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
RealityShot:

do you feed them the leaves or the water used to boil the leaves?
thanks
I blend the leaves and boil. I feed them the water at the rate of 40ml per litre.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by RealityShot: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I blend the leaves and boil. I feed them the water at the rate of 40ml per litre.
ok thank you!

please how do you measure quantity of leaves and water to boil ?

i was thinking, just enough water to cover the total leaves in th pot. Correct?

40ml ..dats about half of a small tomato tin , right?
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
shakyriri:
God bless u ma.am grateful for your response.i will await pictures. I have just bought the white tiger pipes that they use for borehole.they are rubber and look sturdy. It's just installations now
Sorry pics are coming late, just got back to Lagos. Pic 1 stand for drinkers Pic 2 more stands

3 Likes

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
Pic 3 connections

Pic 4 tank, we used hose at that point to allow raising and lowering the drinker line.

Birds at 5wks, 1.65kg

Re: ... by Turks: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Great job ma’am! Especially with the nipple drinkers.
obiageIi:
Pic 3 connections

Pic 4 tank, we used hose at that point to allow raising and lowering the drinker line.

Birds at 5wks, 1.65kg
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
Turks:
Great job ma’am! Especially with the nipple drinkers.
Huge compliments sir, thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
RealityShot:

ok thank you!

please how do you measure quantity of leaves and water to boil ?

i was thinking, just enough water to cover the total leaves in th pot. Correct?

40ml ..dats about half of a small tomato tin , right?
You are all correct but boil for only 5 minutes.

1 Like

Re: ... by shakyriri: 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
obiageIi:
Sorry pics are coming late, just got back to Lagos. Pic 1 stand for drinkers Pic 2 more stands
You the best.thanks ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by RealityShot: 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
You are all correct but boil for only 5 minutes.
ok thank you plenty!
please how long those the liquid last?
thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
RealityShot:

ok thank you plenty!

please how long those the liquid last?

thanks
If you refrigerate, it can stay as long as the broilers. But if served in drinker, it must be used in a day

1 Like

Re: ... by RealityShot: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

If you refrigerate, it can stay as long as the broilers. But if served in drinker, it must be used in a day
wow!
thanks so much!

please i only have moringa and paw paw trees.. Will they do?

i also have avacado tree..can i add that leaf instead of mango?
Re: ... by Warrior07(m): 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Good evening house, We are having space problem on our farm but we have battery cages unused, can we use those cages to raise broilers?

2) someone should please take me through feed fermentation process and how long a fermented feed can last.
thanks Turks, Organicfoods, et al., your attention needed here. thanks.
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
RealityShot:
wow!
thanks so much!

please i only have moringa and paw paw trees.. Will they do?

i also have avacado tree..can i add that leaf instead of mango?
What do you really want? Supplement, antibiotics, etc
How old are your broilers?
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
Warrior07:
Good evening house, We are having space problem on our farm but we have battery cages unused, can we use those cages to raise broilers?

2) someone should please take me through feed fermentation process and how long a fermented feed can last.
thanks Turks, Organicfoods, et al., your attention needed here. thanks.

1. Broilers can be raised in cages but from 4 weeks or older

2. Fodder or ?

1 Like

Re: ... by Warrior07(m): 1:06am On Oct 30, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

1. Broilers can be raised in cages but from 4 weeks or older

2. Fodder or ?

wet feed (commercially compounded ones) not fodder fermented with Lactobacillus sp.

thank you
Re: ... by RealityShot: 2:23am On Oct 30, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

What do you really want? Supplement, antibiotics, etc
How old are your broilers?
50 are 6wks
and 50 are 4wks old..

i believe "you" (or organicfoods) said that the moringa/mango/pawpaw mix can serve as multivit and antibiotics.. Which can be used from day one to end, serving all purposes.

thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 30, 2017
Warrior07:

wet feed (commercially compounded ones) not fodder fermented with Lactobacillus sp.

thank you
Turks and co will give a better answer.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 30, 2017
RealityShot:

50 are 6wks
and 50 are 4wks old..

i believe "you" (or organicfoods) said that the moringa/mango/pawpaw mix can serve as multivit and antibiotics.. Which can be used from day one to end, serving all purposes.

thanks
Since they are over a month and didn't start from day one, I advise you supplement with organic.
Meaning use your multivitamins and supplement with herbs.
That mix would have been better if used earlier. This is what I advise

Use hot pepper three days in a row in water (2 pepper in 10 litres grinded). You can mix with bitter leaf or pawpaw leaf raw. Check the stool for two days and see the composition.
If its solid and white, then you are good to go
Use garlic cloves in water for the next one week (1 cloves in 1 drinker). This will build their immunity overtime. You need to use it continuously for at least a week.
This composition will work as antibiotic, anticocci and deworm at the same time.
Update the thread on the progress.

After all this, then moringa and co will come in. Moringa is best used to prevent and not best to cure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by RealityShot: 8:07am On Oct 30, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Since they are over a month and didn't start from day one, I advise you supplement with organic.

Use hot pepper three days in a row in water (2 pepper in 10 litres grinded). You can mix with bitter leaf or pawpaw leaf raw. Check the stool for two days and see the composition.
Use garlic cloves in water for the next one week (1 cloves in 1 drinker). This will build their immunity overtime. You need to use it continuously for at least a week.
This composition will work as antibiotic, anticocci and deworm at the same time.

After all this, then moringa and co will come in. Moringa is best used to prevent and not best to cure.
ok thanks..!

i will do the easy one on the next batch then. Arigato!!
Re: ... by Jobzeal: 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I have 6weeks old birds and I'm thinking of going organic... Also planning of switching from using saw dust to sand... Please what do u advice?
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
Jobzeal:

I have 6weeks old birds and I'm thinking of going organic... Also planning of switching from using saw dust to sand... Please what do u advice?
Sand can be used but if the stool is solid and you can fetch the stool from the sand everyday. If not, its not recommended.
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
shakyriri:

Lucky me.am in kobape abeokuta.just before buhari estate.am visiting u soonest ma.first to get your plumber to come do my ni.pple line.
Lactobacillus is probiotics.
It's good for your birds guts and even hygiene
I add to their water.
I use in feed fermentation.
I also use it welcome doc as they enter farm,by spraying
I also use it to spray my litter ,cos I cant pack litter.
I just spray.turn litter and add new layer
How do I get Lactobacillus?
Re: ... by shakyriri: 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
obiageIi:

How do I get Lactobacillus?
cc organicfoods sells it

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.