Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

... - Agriculture (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (318855 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by femora007(m): 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
what can be added to poultry feed so that birds will have relatively dry feaces
Re: ... by bispope(m): 8:37am On Feb 13, 2019
ezkimow:

Besides Zartech, which other brands are available in your area?

Agrited. But I want to check from another man this morning. Which other will be better than Zartech and Agrited?
Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 9:14am On Feb 13, 2019
bispope:
Hello good people, I have followed the thread quietly to learn from real great farmers. I am now strong to start my own. I stay in Anambra and have tried to book 50 birds (Zartech). Please, any extra info for new farmer like me will be appreciated.
I hope this isn't coming too late. Run away from Zartech birds. I'm yet to get over my experience with their birds. The birds grow fast, but risk of disease from the hatchery is sky high. You can try Agrited, Cascada or even Chikun (they also stock Cobb 500 strain like Zartech). Poor quality birds aside, Zartech has the nastiest customer complaint system. They only came down from their high horse the day I sent them a letter with my law firm letterhead.

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2019
bispope:

Agrited. But I want to check from another man this morning. Which other will be better than Zartech and Agrited?

Please if you can get another brand,do so. I'm currently growing some Zartech birds and I'm not at all satisfied with performance of the birds. I'm forced to believe that their breeding program might be shady, maybe what they're selling are not Cobbs afterall. If you can get Chikun the better, otherwise try the Agrited they also perform well. A Friend also said Cascada is good too. So make your choice wisely. Good luck

1 Like

Re: ... by shehufaruq: 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
My birds which will be 5wks on Friday are breathing heavily so I am administering Maxycerl plus Virusine starting yesterday.

Please advice from the gurus in the house is welcome
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
bispope:

Buy any one you want

3 Likes

Re: ... by bispope(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
ezkimow:

Please if you can get another brand,do so. I'm currently growing some Zartech birds and I'm not at all satisfied with performance of the birds. I'm forced to believe that their breeding program might be shady, maybe what they're selling are not Cobbs afterall. If you can get Chikun the better, otherwise try the Agrited they also perform well. A Friend also said Cascada is good too. So make your choice wisely. Good luck

FlintGuevara:

I hope this isn't coming too late. Run away from Zartech birds. I'm yet to get over my experience with their birds. The birds grow fast, but risk of disease from the hatchery is sky high. You can try Agrited, Cascada or even Chikun (they also stock Cobb 500 strain like Zartech). Poor quality birds aside, Zartech has the nastiest customer complaint system. They only came down from their high horse the day I sent them a letter with my law firm letterhead.

Please, does anyone know where I can get chikun in Anambra?

Another thing, what is the best starter feed and finisher feed even if the cost is high? I don't like adding soya bean and other things people around me here add in their feed to improve it.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
bispope:

Another thing, what is the best starter feed and finisher feed even if the cost is high? I don't like adding soya bean and other things people around me here add in their feed to improve it.
Go for Zartech, Nastech or Farm Support. Avoid agrited as a newbie and currently have CRD issues.
Get Chikun, Breedwell feed. Instead of soyabeans, get a probotic like elrox/Orego-stim/Miadiasan/Bacflora/aromax and add to feed or water.
Re: ... by presiade(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
ezkimow:

In my opinion this could be Newcastle...
It usually causes green poo and nervous symptoms... You can try a mix of Admacine+sufamix+multivitamins... I got good results out of them on an infected turkey

Please can Newcastle disease be effectively eliminated from an infected lot? I need urgent response... Some birds have died and the rest have been placed on Floxinor.... A vet. doctor is working on them, but I need to be sure all the birds won't be lost...
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
shehufaruq:
My birds which will be 5wks on Friday are breathing heavily so I am administering Maxycerl plus Virusine starting yesterday.

Please advice from the gurus in the house is welcome

Guys please this problem started yesterday after I changed the shore dust in the Morning I noticed the heavy breathing in the afternoon and since then it's still not getting any better my head is not calm right now please someone should assist
Re: ... by potosky: 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
presiade:

Please can Newcastle disease be effectively eliminated from an infected lot? I need urgent response... Some birds have died and the rest have been placed on Floxinor.... A vet. doctor is working on them, but I need to be sure all the birds won't be lost...
try and follow your vaccine chart to avoid BP. Few vet are good while many are bad............... their file in police station is as tall as NEPA ladder
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
shehufaruq:

Guys please this problem started yesterday after I changed the shore dust in the Morning I noticed the heavy breathing in the afternoon and since then it's still not getting any better my head is not calm right now please someone should assist
That's respiratory issue coming up. Use appropriate drugs for it.
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Please any recommendationsm
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Please any recommendations
Re: ... by presiade(m): 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
potosky:
try and follow your vaccine chart to avoid BP. Few vet are good while many are bad............... their file in police station is as tall as NEPA ladder

But the employees on ground did a messy job and there is an outbreak of Newcastle disease right now. I just want to know if people have successfully curbed it with only few mortality rate.
Re: ... by potosky: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
presiade:

But the employees on ground did a messy job and there is an outbreak of Newcastle disease right now. I just want to know if people have successfully curbed it with only few mortality rate.
calm down because of BP o. Give all the care and attention you can and wait for the result
Re: ... by presiade(m): 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2019
potosky:
calm down because of BP o. Give all the care and attention you can and wait for the result

Ok, thank you. BP no go high, just want to know the stance of things. I hope they will get well. About 70-90 birds gone in 3 days. Vet doctor is trying his best though...
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2019
presiade:

They're going to recover considering a vet is taking care of them, were they given LA sota vaccine? NCD is viral and only thing you can do is give supportive care and hope they recover.... The antibiotics the vet is giving to them will take care of secondary infections which are usually the cause of death.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
bispope:

For the Chikun chicks ask around your area
For the feed try Chikun super starter

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
shehufaruq:

Please any recommendations

If you have Tylosin or Tylodox give to them for 3-5 days, follow dosage. Next time try using rice bran instead of saw dust, saw dust almost always causes respiratory issues...

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
potosky:
lol grin....nepa pole....
Re: ... by presiade(m): 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
I administer lasota twice already before leaving it in the care of some employees. I hope they recover soon. Thank you.
ezkimow:

They're going to recover considering a vet is taking care of them, were they given LA sota vaccine? NCD is viral and only thing you can do is give supportive care and hope they recover.... The antibiotics the vet is giving to them will take care of secondary infections which are usually the cause of death.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
presiade:
I administer lasota twice already before leaving it in the care of some employees. I hope they recover soon. Thank you.
OK, good luck
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 12:32am On Feb 15, 2019
ezkimow:

OK, good luck

U need 6m of injectable tylosine and one vial of strepomycine and mix it with 44ml of dextrose saline water and inject 0.5ml and repeat in the next day thank u

That was the msg from a Vet. What do you think guys
Re: ... by rust6(m): 7:32am On Feb 15, 2019
How do I treat this
Signs are ruffled feathers pale combs and partial paralysis

Re: ... by rust6(m): 8:31am On Feb 15, 2019
Please someone help me my birds are just dieing day by day.
No loss in weight or watery stool just shaky legs and their necks are inside and feathers as if they are feeling cold

Re: ... by Pappyholu(m): 8:44am On Feb 15, 2019
Hi , I am Olufemi Abejide Ceo #deeplacecarwash in South Africa. I have a 2 acre of Land in Ibadan Nigeria that I bought for farming in 2015 but failed because of management. It has been empty since then and I have decided to either lease or sell it to whoever will make proper use of this land for farming.
+27730307816 whatsapp
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 10:22am On Feb 15, 2019
shehufaruq:

U need 6m of injectable tylosine and one vial of strepomycine and mix it with 44ml of dextrose saline water and inject 0.5ml and repeat in the next day thank u

I don't know about this, but tylosin I make use of is water soluble powder.
But I think what the vet has prescribed should be more effective but will cost you more...
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 10:22am On Feb 15, 2019
shehufaruq:

I don't know about this, but tylosin I make use of is water soluble powder.
But I think what the vet has prescribed should be more effective but will cost you more...

1 Like

Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 10:30am On Feb 15, 2019
rust6:
Please someone help me my birds are just dieing day by day.
No loss in weight or watery stool just shaky legs and their necks are inside and feathers as if they are feeling cold

Have u given any antibiotics?
Re: ... by rust6(m): 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2019
ezkimow:

Have u given any antibiotics?
Yes furasol
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2019
rust6:

Yes furasol
what's their age, and a pic of dropping

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.