Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

... - Agriculture (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (315663 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Turks: 11:56am On Apr 26, 2019
It should be a gradual process
GeeCee:
Hello house. I am changing the feed for my 25 weeks laying birds from self compounded feed to packaged feed (chikun feeds), do I have to give the birds any drug for this?
Re: ... by Turks: 11:57am On Apr 26, 2019
Pasty butt could be as a regular of enteritis or too much heat. You sure that’s a Noiler? Its feet looks funny
jidestroud:
Woke up this beautiful morning to see this happened to one of my Kuroilers.

cc: EMMAACHILE

Help needed ASAP, and it has to be organic pleassssssssse. (Ain't prepared to lose any)

Re: ... by Turks: 11:58am On Apr 26, 2019
Your best option is WOOD SHAVING.
Langdon2016:
Good day farmers
I have been reading through the first letter of this thread till now, I am a newbie who wants to venture into broilers.
I would like to know what is best to use as bedding for the birds, there's no rice husk close by here, so I would like to know other best options please
Re: ... by Langdon2016: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
Turks:
Your best option is WOOD SHAVING.

Thanks a million.
Wood shaving is not the same as sawdust, is it?
Re: ... by jidestroud(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
Turks:
Pasty butt could be as a regular of enteritis or too much heat. You sure that’s a Noiler? Its feet looks funny

Not at all. They are Kuroilers.
Lol, same reactions from everyone about their feet

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
Turks:
Pasty butt and pullorum are very similar as both are vent diseases. Pasty butt can be caused by stress eg long transportation times or enteritis which is caused by salmonella. Pullorum is purely a salmonella infection.
Pasty butt starts like a black dot caused by sticky faeces while pullorum has an extra whitish like ring around the vent. The picture below is for a pasty butt at its initial stage.

Re: ... by jidestroud(m): 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Pasty butt and pullorum are very similar as both are vent diseases. Pasty butt can be caused by stress eg long transportation times or enteritis which is caused by salmonella. Pullorum is purely a salmonella infection.
Pasty butt starts like a black dot caused by sticky faeces while pullorum has an extra whitish like ring around the vent. The picture below is for a pasty butt at its initial stage.

Absolutely correct. Also noticeable was whitish discharge. A pure case pullorum. Unfortunately, I lost the chick.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
jidestroud:

Absolutely correct. Also noticeable was whitish discharge. A pure case pullorum. Unfortunately, I lost the chick.
Treat others with antibiotics.
Re: ... by Lalakas: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hello Emma. Weldone.

One of my hubbies is taking care of animals. I love seeing things grow, so, I occasionally rear chicks just for personal consumption. Have always being buying two weeks old from these hawkers but his time, just to see my ability on DOC, I bought half cartoon of broilers. Today is day 6 and they are all doing well.

All I have given them as desease prevention are just pepper, garlic, ginger and onions. I'll be giving them turmeric from day 8 for cocci prevention.

Now the challenge, I have two stupid ones. They have never eaten on their own since I got them. I always stay to observe which is eating and which is not after giving them food. That was how I observed these two not eating on day 2.

I feed them like someone feeding babies, i open their mouth and put food, and I use syringe to feed with water. It's being crazy cos I do this like five times a day. Although, I noticed like joke one drank water by itself yesterday and today, and feed also today but in a strange way.

It was taking water like eating food and not picking food but eating like goat is eating. Well, that's an improvement on that one but the orher is a no. I even take them to water and put their mouth, na lie.

And then, these two use all the energy in them to cry alllllllll day. So annoying cos I leave in an estate. They don't ever keep quiet.

On temperature, i dont use charcoal heat or any form of heat due to the hot weather however, i close all breeze inlets and just allow little ventilation. So I dont know their problem, why will a bird cry and cry all day? This has been on since day two. I received them at night so no issue noticed the first day.

Atimes i even bring them out alone to face breeze na lie, it's same cry cry. Make them die they refused cos am tired of their wahala.

I cant starve them ro die, it's like sin and wickedness to me so I kept feeding them like babies.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
@Lalakas
Can they stand on their own?
Re: ... by Lalakas: 7:34am On May 01, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
@Lalakas
Can they stand on their own?

Yes sir. They are very strong.
Re: ... by jidestroud(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2019
Lalakas:
Hello Emma. Weldone.

One of my hubbies is taking care of animals. I love seeing things grow, so, I occasionally rear chicks just for personal consumption. Have always being buying two weeks old from these hawkers but his time, just to see my ability on DOC, I bought half cartoon of broilers. Today is day 6 and they are all doing well.

All I have given them as desease prevention are just pepper, garlic, ginger and onions. I'll be giving them turmeric from day 8 for cocci prevention.

Now the challenge, I have two stupid ones. They have never eaten on their own since I got them. I always stay to observe which is eating and which is not after giving them food. That was how I observed these two not eating on day 2.

I feed them like someone feeding babies, i open their mouth and put food, and I use syringe to feed with water. It's being crazy cos I do this like five times a day. Although, I noticed like joke one drank water by itself yesterday and today, and feed also today but in a strange way.

It was taking water like eating food and not picking food but eating like goat is eating. Well, that's an improvement on that one but the orher is a no. I even take them to water and put their mouth, na lie.

And then, these two use all the energy in them to cry alllllllll day. So annoying cos I leave in an estate. They don't ever keep quiet.

On temperature, i dont use charcoal heat or any form of heat due to the hot weather however, i close all breeze inlets and just allow little ventilation. So I dont know their problem, why will a bird cry and cry all day? This has been on since day two. I received them at night so no issue noticed the first day.

Atimes i even bring them out alone to face breeze na lie, it's same cry cry. Make them die they refused cos am tired of their wahala.

I cant starve them ro die, it's like sin and wickedness to me so I kept feeding them like babies.

C'mon bros. Pouring food in the mouth for a day old? (Even if it's 2 or more days). And crying chick disturbing an estate? Hehehehe.

Okay, brief checks...
1. Where did you source from?
2. Was any chart given you?
3. Apart from the self given medication any other?
4. What food are you giving?
5. What's your yardstick for known if they are very strong? i.e. weight gained? Growing feathers? Or simply because they use their energy to scream as described by you? cool

So many abnormalities if you asked me.
Re: ... by Lalakas: 7:33pm On May 01, 2019
jidestroud:

C'mon bros. Pouring food in the mouth for a day old? (Even if it's 2 or more days). And crying chick disturbing an estate? Hehehehe.

Okay, brief checks...
1. Where did you source from?
2. Was any chart given you?
3. Apart from the self given medication any other?
4. What food are you giving?
5. What's your yardstick for known if they are very strong? i.e. weight gained? Growing feathers? Or simply because they use their energy to scream as described by you? cool

So many abnormalities if you asked me.

Please read my post again. Only two refused to eat and cry!

No abnormalities whatsoever. You just jumped into conclusion without readly my post clearly. I pour food in their (only the two of them) to sustain them cos they weren't eating and am doing that to sustain them.

I don't need a scale, am not doing for conmercial purposed, i eat them. They have grown feathers, and bigger than they were.

I do self mediaction cos i believe in what i use. It's being all i use for all the two weeks old i have trained and don't have motality.

These ones will be a week old by tomorrow and none is sick. Except those ones not eating.
Re: ... by Lalakas: 7:41pm On May 01, 2019
jidestroud:
Woke up this beautiful morning to see this happened to one of my Kuroilers.

cc: EMMAACHILE

Help needed ASAP, and it has to be organic pleassssssssse. (Ain't prepared to lose any)

One of my birds had this and i don't give it any special treatment, just the normal garlic, ginger and onions cleared it in two day. Today, the chick is fine and feather growing around the area already.

I keep the environment clean 24/7, no water on the floor and i change their feed contantlt or I remove their shit from the their food.

I really don't believe in all those vaccination if you keep clean, little of these natural preventions are fine for your birds. Especially if you are not doing it on a large scale like me. Large scale/commercial farmers I'll say don't need to go that way cos it may be cumbersome.

I learnt all the natural remedy here though. I used it the last time for my birds and no sick bird at all.
Re: ... by Turks: 6:50am On May 02, 2019
You don't have to believe in them, it doesnt make outbreaks less of a reality.

PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT
VACCINATE YOUR FLOCK!
Lalakas:

One of my birds had this and i don't give it any special treatment, just the normal garlic, ginger and onions cleared it in two day. Today, the chick is fine and feather growing around the area already.

I keep the environment clean 24/7, no water on the floor and i change their feed contantlt or I remove their shit from the their food.

I really don't believe in all those vaccination if you keep clean, little of these natural preventions are fine for your birds. Especially if you are not doing it on a large scale like me. Large scale/commercial farmers I'll say don't need to go that way cos it may be cumbersome.

I learnt all the natural remedy here though. I used it the last time for my birds and no sick bird at all.

1 Like

Re: ... by jidestroud(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2019
The issue of organic farming is debatable in poultry farming if you asked me. At what point do you certify your birds truly organic? Is it all about organic medications? What about the feeds given? Are they truly organic feeds with all the supplements and ingredients added? Is there a standard presently in Nigeria passes organic grown birds and is there a market demand for such birds other than self gratification that I raised them organically? How many of the commercial farms out their practices it other than small scale farmers who are always at the forefront pushing organic methods?

In crop farming, Yes! Organic crop farming is 95% achievable but in Poultry farming, we still have a long way to go.

My opinion though

1 Like

Re: ... by Lalakas: 4:14pm On May 02, 2019
I wrote too much epistle, reason why I'm not getting answer to my question. My issue is not about getting birds vaccinated or rearing them in an organic way.

My concern is I have two birds who never ate since day 1 and they cry n cry. Theirs eyes are open, and strong. But cos they haven't eaten so well and cry cry, the two of them look so smaller than the rest of them.

Why are they not eating from day one is my concern.

Thanks.
Re: ... by Lalakas: 4:34pm On May 02, 2019
jidestroud:
The issue of organic farming is debatable in poultry farming if you asked me. At what point do you certify your birds truly organic? Is it all about organic medications? What about the feeds given? Are they truly organic feeds with all the supplements and ingredients added? Is there a standard presently in Nigeria passes organic grown birds and is there a market demand for such birds other than self gratification that I raised them organically? How many of the commercial farms out their practices it other than small scale farmers who are always at the forefront pushing organic methods?

In crop farming, Yes! Organic crop farming is 95% achievable but in Poultry farming, we still have a long way to go.

My opinion though

You are correct. Am not into farming (well I am now no matter how small) and not a farmer in any way. The truth is organic farming with my very small scale farming experience is cumbersome. If am to go into large scale, I'll never try organic, maybe semi organic. Hehe, after they must have passed 4weeks, i can introduce the natural stuff to keep them on.

The last time, one of my birds weight 5kg and another more. An adult can't hold it and run! I used top feed. My birds grow like they being fertilized when I use it. I will look for my scale and measure as time goes on with this new set as we go on.

That said, I rear birds when i have their time, and i don't try during raining season. These ones would have grown well before june rain start.

They are a week old today.
Re: ... by femora007(m): 8:36pm On May 02, 2019
Lalakas:

You are correct. Am not into farming (well I am now no matter how small) and not a farmer in any way. The truth is organic farming with my very small scale farming experience is cumbersome. If am to go into large scale, I'll never try organic, maybe semi organic. Hehe, after they must have passed 4weeks, i can introduce the natural stuff to keep them on.

The last time, one of my birds weight 5kg and another more. An adult can't hold it and run! I used top feed. My birds grow like they being fertilized when I use it. I will look for my scale and measure as time goes on with this new set as we go on.

That said, I rear birds when i have their time, and i don't try during raining season. These ones would have grown well before june rain start.

They are a week old today.
Upload picture make we see
Re: ... by Lalakas: 7:02pm On May 03, 2019
Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2019
I noticed one of my 3 days old broilers is gasping for air like it's choking and I noticed some have stains of poo on dere butt.. Whats d solution for ds
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 04, 2019
mikeeze:
I noticed one of my 3 days old broilers is gasping for air like it's choking and I noticed some have stains of poo on dere butt.. Whats d solution for ds
Pixs will be helpful
Re: ... by Lalakas: 8:48pm On May 04, 2019
mikeeze:

Check the temperature. You know the weather is hot these days. I don't use fire, lantern or charcoal. The sun was just enough heat. At night I close all windows n doors. They are ten days today and perfect.

So check the temperature.

Provide pics for oga Ema to help you better.
Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 9:26pm On May 04, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Pixs will be helpful

Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 9:41pm On May 04, 2019
Lalakas:

Check the temperature. You know the weather is hot these days. I don't use fire, lantern or charcoal. The sun was just enough heat. At night I close all windows n doors. They are ten days today and perfect.

So check the temperature.

Provide pics for oga Ema to help you better.
But u find clinging to each other like its cold
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:30am On May 05, 2019
mikeeze:

But u find clinging to each other like its cold
Your temperature may be too cold for them if they are clinging together. What heat source are you using?

What drugs are you using presently?
Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 7:53am On May 05, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Your temperature may be too cold for them if they are clinging together. What heat source are you using?

What drugs are you using presently?
I use coal as a source of heat, currently giving them multi vitamin and antibiotics est mix... I using ur drug chart for newbii
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:03am On May 05, 2019
mikeeze:
I use coal as a source of heat, currently giving them multi vitamin and antibiotics est mix... I using ur drug chart for newbii
Ok. If there are clinging together, check the heat source or cover the entrances a little especially at night.
Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 8:06am On May 05, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Ok. If there are clinging together, check the heat source or cover the entrances a little especially at night.
do it stick with multivitamin.. Or give antibiotics on day 5
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:25am On May 05, 2019
mikeeze:
do it stick with multivitamin.. Or give antibiotics on day 5
What's your timetable?
Re: ... by mikeeze(m): 9:30am On May 05, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

What's your timetable?
I use ur drug chart for newbies currently @ day 4
Re: ... by mbula(f): 9:40am On May 06, 2019
jksxxxx:
oga I tried calling you but ur number was off ...see as a Deltan I wanted to give u some advice so you don't lost your money..first mistake you made was using foreign feed for long not that it is not good but if you check the cost you will run at lost ,now the current value of 1kg fish in Delta State is 700naira if it it 2 fishes to a kg it is 590 to 650 naira ...so what I advice new farmers to do since you are doing 500 fishes it is the same amount of feed you use in feeding 500 fishes that you use in feeding around 700 to 900 fishes ..in case of next time here is what you will do to gain
First buy post fingerlings @ 20naira buy 1000 of hybrid which is 20000 naira you will be given 50 mortality
Rent an earth pond for better quality of water between 20k to 30k
Then buy half bag of skretting 0.8mm depending on the size of fish ..
The half bag can take them for 2 to 3 weeks first day give them 4 small peak milk tin cup then increase it as time goes ,note when feeding check and see their response if they are not rushing the feed stop pouring and leave them..why most people waste is because they don't know when to notice of the fishes are satisfied or hungry
So after 4 weeks that is when the real work start .buy skretting 2mm if their sizes are encouraging if not go back to 1.8 or 2gr Allie aqua ..buy one bag that one bag will be enough to feed 1000 fishes or 1200 fishes @ 1montj for around 8 to 10 days and note some days the fishes may not eat so don't stress them when u notice they are not smart starve them for a whole day and notice if they will rush for feed when you pour little into the pond
Now let's say the fishes have consumed 6Bags of foreign feed for 2 months.now stop foreign feed and move to local
The local feed everybody has his own formular mine I make blood meal of about 25k that will give me 3kg wraps in 58 to 60 places and my 2500 fishes eat 6 wraps a day meaning am giving them 18kg feed which is more than 1bag of the normal foreign feed
One advantage of the local feed is that you can decide to make it rich or poor
So with this my calculation you can train 2500 fishes with roughly 420k and get avarage of 1000kg total and a kg is 700 to 780 depending on how big
Also note that at 2 months try and sort the big one from the small one so that the small one can eat well
My greatest mistake in fish farming was going for foreign feed because the cost is much at the end you spend 800k to train 2500 fishes and make 850k total when you plus and minus you didn't even gain for a whole 6 months so for the new farmers go for ur own local feed to cut down cost

please can I have your contact.i need your help urgently for my fish farm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.