Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

... - Agriculture (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316754 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ayoolu:
Hello house. What could be the cause of big liver in broilers?. It is killing off my broilers gradually. Any medication advice will be appreciated.
What are you giving your birds? I am sure you are using herbs or wrong medication? There are many solutions to repair liver but you need to stop whats causing it in the first place.
Re: ... by Ayoolu(m): 12:21am On Oct 13, 2019
Just normal feed. Supreme to be precise. Any advice on medications?
Re: ... by oreayoni(f): 6:44am On Oct 13, 2019
Good morning. I am a student and please I need some information on raising broiler. I am a first timer. I am planning to raise about 15-30 chicks. what breed of broiler and feed brand should I use and what amount of money can I use to raise them from day old till maturity. Thanks in anticipation
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 13, 2019
oreayoni:
Good morning. I am a student and please I need some information on raising broiler. I am a first timer. I am planning to raise about 15-30 chicks. what breed of broiler and feed brand should I use and what amount of money can I use to raise them from day old till maturity. Thanks in anticipation

Budget N1000 for every broiler ie N15,000 to N30,000
Get from Zartech/Olam/Farmsupport/Fidan
Feed depends on locality. Current recommended ones include New Hope, Breedwell, Rico-Gado or Chikun

1 Like

Re: ... by easyflow: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2019
How does one differentiate between 4 weeks old cockerel and noiler. Someone sold noiler to me but I am suspecting it to be cockerel.
Re: ... by nwabuwa: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Budget N1000 for every broiler ie N15,000 to N30,000
Get from Zartech/Olam/Farmsupport/Fidan
Feed depends on locality. Current recommended ones include New Hope, Breedwell, Rico-Gado or Chikun
what about sunseed. have u used it.
Re: ... by nwabuwa: 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
easyflow:
How does one differentiate between 4 weeks old cockerel and noiler. Someone sold noiler to me but I am suspecting it to be cockerel.
noilers are multi coloured.send pix
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
nwabuwa:

what about sunseed. have u used it.
No
Re: ... by easyflow: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2019
nwabuwa:

noilers are multi coloured.send pix
Thanks. Here is the pix

Re: ... by aysnoopy(m): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
easyflow:
Thanks. Here is the pix
looks more like cockerel

2 Likes

Re: ... by Adventurer1: 8:44am On Oct 18, 2019
Please , i’m a newbie , one of my one week old broilers couldn’t stand up properly and it won’t eat either . I can see one of its leg is too weak. Please advise on what to use . Thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
Day 1
This time, i am going with Farmsupport arbor acre plus breed. Feed formulated with concentrate and mixed with a private label feed addictive including enzymes.

The sad news is that out of the 102 broilers, 3 was crushed to death in the vehicle and another 2 stolen by who knows. I was given 3 broilers from someones Agrited cartoon.

Summary of current stock is 97 abor acre plus from Farmsupport and 3 Ross308 from agrited totalling 100 broilers. Brooding for the first time in a room unlike previously where i brood directly in the pen.

So far only glucose is given to them in water.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by aysnoopy(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
Day 1
This time, i am going with Farmsupport arbor acre plus breed. Feed formulated with concentrate and mixed with a private label feed addictive including enzymes.

The sad news is that out of the 102 broilers, 3 was crushed to death in the vehicle and another 2 stolen by who knows. I was given 3 broilers from someones Agrited cartoon.

Summary of current stock is 97 abor acre plus from Farmsupport and 3 Ross308 from agrited totalling 100 broilers. Brooding for the first time in a room unlike previously where i brood directly in the pen.

So far only glucose is given to them in water.

good job sir.
I also stock yesterday, first time brooding in a room instead of pen. 53 broilers + 8 turkeys.
feed use is breedwell starter professional
abor acre plus from FIDAN

2 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 18, 2019
aysnoopy:

good job sir.
I also stock yesterday, first time brooding in a room instead of pen. 53 broilers + 8 turkeys.
feed use is breedwell starter professional
abor acre plus from FIDAN
Good at least we can compare their sizes and weight as the day rolls by.

2 Likes

Re: ... by aysnoopy(m): 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Good at least we can compare their sizes and weight as the day rolls by.

I can't be compared to u boss. I don't even know what enzymes means in poultry. all I know is feeding with breedwell.. lol
I'm only hoping that my birds will do well b4 Xmas

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 19, 2019
aysnoopy:

I can't be compared to u boss. I don't even know what enzymes means in poultry. all I know is feeding with breedwell.. lol
I'm only hoping that my birds will do well b4 Xmas
Haha. Breedwell is a very good feed and will compete with the best feeds out there.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Haha. Breedwell is a very good feed and will compete with the best feeds out there.
Do you know the reason this brand is very good?

Could you give me the top 5 feeds in Nigeria? And kindly explain the prons and cons of each. I will love it if you can rank the top 5 actually from 1st position to the 5th.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 19, 2019
Pistotita:

Do you know the reason this brand is very good?

Could you give me the top 5 feeds in Nigeria? And kindly explain the prons and cons of each. I will love it if you can rank the top 5 actually from 1st position to the 5th.
Breedwell is from Sayed group of companies (LEBANESE) . They hold the arbor acre plus/Ross 308 broiler breed. Their other products I know, the breedwell conc is made in Europe.

The company I think is trying to create a standard jn feed and broiler quality. Their Ross 308 is very good and they produce two types of feed quality, the professional and commercial. The breedwell professional for eg can get 2kg under 33 days while for the commercial, it's 2kg in 42 days.

Other said good feed brands nclude New Hope, Happy Chicken.
Re: ... by Machiny: 10:34am On Oct 19, 2019
Pls my birds of 9days are having this..one is dead already and another set eyes are closed (pix 3)...wld appreciate any solution. Its my first time @emmaachile @turks

Re: ... by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Machiny:
Pls my birds of 9days are having this..one is dead already and another set eyes are closed (pix 3)...wld appreciate any solution. Its my first time @emmaachile @turks
Your brooding temperature may be too high or you don't have enough ventilation.
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2019
Adventurer1:
Please , i’m a newbie , one of my one week old broilers couldn’t stand up properly and it won’t eat either . I can see one of its leg is too weak. Please advise on what to use . Thanks
What feed are you using? You may need a calcium supplement.
Re: ... by Adventurer1: 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
I’m using breedwell professional

EMMAACHILE:

What feed are you using? You may need a calcium supplement.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
Adventurer1:
I’m using breedwell professional

You may a calcium supplement
Re: ... by Machiny: 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Your brooding temperature may be too high or you don't have enough ventilation.

thanks for your response. What of the case that looks as if something is eating them

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
[b][/b]
Machiny:
thanks for your response. What of the case that looks as if something is eating them
It could be pecking from other birds or even a fungal infection or pullorum disease.
Re: ... by Machiny: 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
[b][/b]
It could be pecking from other birds or even a fungal infection.
wld go with the fungal infection because one burst open from beneath so i rule out the pecking from other birds...what can be the remedy to that...once again thanks for the prompt reponse
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
Machiny:
wld go with the fungal infection because one burst open from beneath so i rule out the pecking from other birds...what can be the remedy to that...once again thanks for the prompt reponse
What antibiotics are you using? Your liter flooring too can contribute to loss of hair underneath If it's too light
Re: ... by Machiny: 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

What antibiotics are you using? Your liter flooring too can contribute to loss of hair underneath If it's too light
used centre enrofloxacin..have given just gumboro
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 20, 2019
Machiny:
used centre enrofloxacin..have given just gumboro
You will likely need an antifungal. Talk to your vet shop for a solution.
Re: ... by KayCee92(m): 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
Good afternoon everyone. I also bought mine on the 18th, I lost one bird so far. I just saw it this morning shaking and within minutes it died. Also, what could be the cause of this. It was lying under the light bulb and couldn't move......I am giving them Neimycin as anti biotics. And how do I know when temperature is to high or too low..... please reply, am just starting.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
Disadvantage of ad-libitum is plenty poo. This litter was changed today and is getting full already. So far, no antibiotics given. We are testing this batch against our self formulated feed with inbuilt feed addictives including prebiotics, probotic, enzyme and acidifier.

The only drugs given is Amin'total multivitamin in water and even this can be built into feed.

I am trying to get a turnkey solution where you wont need to include any drug in water and a kind of set and forget approach to the poultry feed industry. So far this chicks are on track with the growth chart.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ... by nwabuwa: 5:00am On Oct 22, 2019
KayCee92:
Good afternoon everyone. I also bought mine on the 18th, I lost one bird so far. I just saw it this morning shaking and within minutes it died. Also, what could be the cause of this. It was lying under the light bulb and couldn't move......I am giving them Neimycin as anti biotics. And how do I know when temperature is to high or too low..... please reply, am just starting.
high temp...birds are panting and far away from charcoal.
low temp..birds are clustered close to the heat source..
good..birds are evenly distributed and running around happily..

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.