Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,535 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity (9144 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / Its Blazing With Free Browsing And Super Fast / How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by Vicu: 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2010
TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE FIREFOX SUPER FAST. FOR THOSE WITH SLOW CONNECTIVITY

HELLO,

I'm back and this time I'm going to show you how to make your firefox browser superway fast.

So you don't need to worry anymore if you have slow connection because with this tutorial which shows you step by step with pictures on how to make your firefox browser super fast. you would be able to fulfill your dreams.

I was trying to post it here but Naijahot jobs wouldn't allow me post pictures. so visit this Site to view the full Tutorial: freesetting.tk

you can copy and this site to your browser to access the Site.

Commited to You Success!
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by N9528GB: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
Ok since you are a memember of Naijahot jobs and am not let me help u out and upload the pics here for you. grin
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by N9528GB: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
Here is the tutorial below:

1. open firefox and type the following in the addressbar: about:config

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by N9528GB: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
kai this story na long thing shocked abeg visit http://freesetting.tk/ for full story grin grin grin
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by honeric01(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2010
And then?
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by N9528GB: 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2010
Vicu:

TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE FIREFOX SUPER FAST. FOR THOSE WITH SLOW CONNECTIVITY

HELLO,

I'm back and this time I'm going to show you how to make your firefox browser superway fast.

So you don't need to worry anymore if you have slow connection because with this tutorial which shows you step by step with pictures on how to make your firefox browser super fast. you would be able to fulfill your dreams.

I was trying to post it here but Naijahot jobs wouldn't allow me post pictures. so visit this Site to view the full Tutorial: freesetting.tk

you can copy and this site to your browser to access the Site.

Commited to You Success!

Your story is long smiley

honeric01:

And then?
For the sake of this guy and others here is a shorter procedure below

How to Make Mozilla Fire Fox 10X Faster!

Most people don't know this but the people at Mozilla created Fire Fox with an emphasis on performance rather than speed. It's set so that it uses the minimal computer memory while providing less than stellar speed.

If you have a new computer then this is a total non issue and the folks at Mozilla are babying you. It's time to unleash the true Fox.

Things You'll Need: Internet connection Mozilla Fire Fox installed

Instructions:

Step 1: Open Fire Fox. Open a new tab. In the address bar type "about:config", without the quotes.

Step 2: You will get a cute as a button error message that says:
"This may void your warranty! Changing these advanced settings can be harmful to the stability, security, and performance of this application.You should only continue if you are sure of what your doing."

Click on "I'll be careful I promise!"

Step 3: You will be assaulted by a mind bobbling list of googlygook techo babble. Take a moment to put on your geek eyes and notice that the entries are in alphabetical order. Scroll down until you see this:

browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs

When you see this double click on it so it = true

If you do not see this entry than one of your Firefox add-ons has already set it to true. All that this does is allow you to see advanced options. If you don't see it just move on to the next step.

Step 4: Now scroll down further until you see this: network http.pipelining

Double click on it so it = true

And Finaly Step 5: Now look down one and click on this:

network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Double click on it and change it from 4 to 100.

This enables FF to use 8 threads per tab which means that now it can really burn some rubber. It will use a bit more memory but I've found that it's not too burdensome.

To test this I even made these changes to my three year old laptop and it didn't slow it down at all. In fact if Mozilla refuses to load video and you have an older computer this may fix it because it will allow allow it to use more memory.

Now that you've made the changes you can close the tab and load a YouTube video or hit your Stumble Upon button and enjoy the speed boost. Nice isn't it?

NOTE: This change wont cause any damage but messing around with the other entries will so don't do it.

Tips & Warnings:
It saves your settings automatically so you can just close that tab and test it out.Do not under any circumstances change any other settings! There is a reason that these settings are hidden. If you change any other settings you could be leaving your computer wide open to hack attacks man, and I'm not kidding. Making the changes that I suggest is safe but don't do anything else, okay?

Give it a try and post your testimonies, have fun!

Infoseye

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by Wilfem(m): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
I just tried this tutorial now and seemed to work pretty well for me, despite the fact that one of the process could not be completed because it was not found, but above all, I think it works
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by N9528GB: 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2010
honeric01:

And then?

I posted a 5 step procedure it was deleted angry
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by honeric01(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
oh ok, well it's been done. thanks
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by N9528GB: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2010
Here is the tutorial again  grin

How to Make Mozilla Fire Fox 10X Faster!

Most people don't know this but the people at Mozilla created Fire Fox
with an emphasis on performance rather than speed. It's set so that it
uses the minimal computer memory while providing less than stellar
speed.

If you have a new computer then this is a total non issue
and the fol, ks at Mozilla are babying you. It's time to unleash the true
Fox.

Things You'll Need:

Internet connection

Mozilla Fire Fox installed

Instructions:

Step 1: Open Fire Fox. Open a new tab. In the address bar type "about:config", without the quotes.

Step 2: You will get a cute as a button error message that says:
"This may
void your warranty! Changing these advanced settings can be harmful to
the stability, security, and performance of this application.You should
only continue if you are sure of what your doing."

Click on "I'll be careful I promise!"

Step 3: You will be assaulted by a mind bobbling list of googlygook techo
babble. Take a moment to put on your geek eyes and notice that the
entries are in alphabetical order. Scroll down until you see this:

browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs

When you see this double click on it so it = true

If
you do not see this entry than one of your Firefox add-ons has already
set it to true. All that this does is allow you to see advanced
options. If you don't see it just move on to the next step.

Step 4: Now scroll down further until you see this: network http.pipelining

Double click on it so it = true

And Finaly Step 5: Now look down one and click on this:

network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Double click on it and change it from 4 to 100.

This
enables FF to use 8 threads per tab which means that now it can really
burn some rubber. It will use a bit more memory but I've found that
it's not too burdensome.

To test this I even made these
changes to my three year old laptop and it didn't slow it down at all.
In fact if Mozilla refuses to load video and you have an older computer
this may fix it because it will allow allow it to use more memory.

Now
that you've made the changes you can close the tab and load a YouTube
video or hit your Stumble Upon button and enjoy the speed boost. Nice
isn't it?

NOTE: This change wont cause any damage but messing around with the other entries will so don't do it.

Tips & Warnings:
It saves your settings automatically so you can just close that tab and test it out.Do
not under any circumstances change any other settings! There is a
reason that these settings are hidden. If you change any other settings
you could be leaving your computer wide open to hack attacks man, and
I'm not kidding. Making the changes that I suggest is safe but don't do
anything else, okay?

Give it a try and post your testimonies, have fun!

Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by mjay(m): 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2010
Wilfem:

I just tried this tutorial now and seemed to work pretty well for me, despite the fact that one of the process could not be completed because it was not found, but above all, I think it works

me too. thanks dude
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by aieromon(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
Anybody tried this on Firefox 3.6 Beta 5?
Doesn't work for me cry cry
Re: Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity by joeybankz: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Firefox Declares War on Flash | Firefox Mobile Download - Firefox Declares War on Flash - The ongoing war in the cyber space has just taken a new turn, and this time it’s between two cyber giants, Firefox and Flash.
http://www.techpent.com/firefox-declares-war-flash-firefox-mobile-download/

(1) (Reply)

802.11b Wireless ISP CPE: How To Build? / Mtn Fastlink Mf627 Wahala Please Help / How Can I Convert Mpegav (DAT) Files To Dvd Files?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.