Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. (938 Views)

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" / How Satan Answer Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by eghosaobas: 10:55am On Jan 06, 2010
I cant imagine upon the rigorous prayers members do have,the members will be getting poorer while their pastors are living in big houses and drive big cars while some even have personal jet. Also two brothers would pray for a particular miracle, God will choose to answer one and leave the other,why?i say why?
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by udennaa: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2010
my brother,d tone of ur post depicts anger wit God who answers prayers in four ways-1)no,not yet(wait). 2)no,not my will. 3)yes,have it. 4)there is more for u.D BIBLE SAYS SEEK N U SHALL FIND,KNOCK N IT SHALL BE OPENED UNTO U,ASK N U SHALL RECEIVE.i believe He does not lie.i want u to understand onetin,todays nigerian xtians are overburdened with prayer n fasting by some pastors who prey on theirs fears thinking thats what it takes for God to answer ur prayers.that is wrong.i have been to a pentecostal man of God who told me that if i would get what i was looking for,that i should bring money so that four of their members would go to the mountain n pray for me after which they would travel down to my village(lagos to anambra) n pray so that the band of wickedness in my family would be broken before i would get what i was looking for.i never believed in all that so i went inside my room n prayed n in the shortest while got my prayer answered.
i keep sayin it that most of the so-called pastors in nigeria are after their belly,they preach sweet messages with their sugar coated tongue with the sole intention of milking the members.i have come across a lot of them.dont loose hope,keep believing,hoping n LIVING RIGHT wit God,He'll definitely answer ur prayers.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by Tonyet1(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2010
Poster,

God answers prayers but not all!
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by osaromike: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
udennaa:

my brother,d tone of your post depicts anger wit God who answers prayers in four ways-1)no,not yet(wait). 2)no,not my will. 3)yes,have it. 4)there is more for u.D BIBLE SAYS SEEK N U SHALL FIND,KNOCK N IT SHALL BE OPENED UNTO U,ASK N U SHALL RECEIVE.i believe He does not lie.i want u to understand onetin,todays nigerian xtians are overburdened with prayer n fasting by some pastors who prey on theirs fears thinking thats what it takes for God to answer your prayers.that is wrong.i have been to a pentecostal man of God who told me that if i would get what i was looking for,that i should bring money so that four of their members would go to the mountain n pray for me after which they would travel down to my village(lagos to anambra) n pray so that the band of wickedness in my family would be broken before i would get what i was looking for.i never believed in all that so i went inside my room n prayed n in the shortest while got my prayer answered.
i keep sayin it that most of the so-called pastors in nigeria are after their belly,they preach sweet messages with their sugar coated tongue with the sole intention of milking the members.i have come across a lot of them.dont loose hope,keep believing,hoping n LIVING RIGHT wit God,He'll definitely answer your prayers.
may God bless you for this contribution,you ve not only answer the poster but i have egualy learnt from it.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by realpastor: 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
yes God does answer prayers
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by toneyb: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2010
Tonye-t:

Poster,

God answers prayers but not all!

Why are you guys trying to re-define your various gods and their attributes all the time? Where does it say that god answers prayers but not all prayers in the bible? Here is what Jesus(God) said in the bible.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

It does not talk about answering some prayers and not others does it?
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by segyemaro(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
Tonyb,i think you are on track.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by ancel(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2010
Two prerequisites for getting things from God.
Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].

I think God knows those who are actually praying and believing (as opposed to church groupies who attend services and wail their hearts out with no faith, and return to their vomits after the service), and sometimes what you are praying for is bad for you, but depending on your level of faith, he may decide to go ahead and give you if you are persistent. That's why, IMO, it's great wisdom to enquire if he wants you to have it before you ask for it.

James 5:16
The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

Is the prayer earnest, heartfelt, continued, and effectual and fervent?
Are you righteous in Christ?
Then the prayer will make tremendous power available, and the results will be dynamic in their working.

Pax Vobiscum.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by niceguy10: 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2010
Poster, who are you to post this kind of topic? What do you take God for? How do you think that God answer selected prayers? You really need to be prayed for,
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by segyemaro(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2010
Niceguy,the poster knows what he is passing through to made him post a thing like this. This forum should be a were the lost are counselled not to crucify them.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by Yisraylite(m): 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ topic

Pro 28:9 One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer [is] an abomination.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by ajokeakin: 11:02am On Jan 07, 2010
segyemaro:

Niceguy,the poster knows what he is passing through to made him post a thing like this. This forum should be a were the lost are counselled not to crucify them.
this is a nice one,some people are just here tyo discourage others
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by Tonyet1(m): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2010
@Toneyb,

That offer was for christians only and not sinners

>>> John 9:31 Now we know that[b] God heareth not sinners[/b]: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. (KJV)
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by pstbolanta: 11:33am On Jan 13, 2010
gbam!tony
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by Knight1(m): 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
Of course, He answers prayers but it seems many don't seem to realise that He reserves the right to say YES or NO, all their mind is yes! yes! yes! So always remember, that God can decide to say Yes or NO smiley
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by Knight1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
Of course, He answers prayers but it seems many don't seem to realise that He reserves the right to say YES or NO, all their mind is yes! yes! yes! as if YES is a default answer,

So always remember, that God can decide to say Yes or NO smiley
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by topeokunol: 10:50am On Jan 18, 2010
at times i do wonder if He realy answer all our prayers
Re: Does God Answer Prayers?or Answer To Selected Few. by realpastor: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2010
Knight1:

Of course, He answers prayers but it seems many don't seem to realise that He reserves the right to say YES or NO, all their mind is yes! yes! yes! as if YES is a default answer,

So always remember, that God can decide to say Yes or NO smiley

He only answers the prayers of born agains

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Dis. / The Everlasting Theory Of Compensation.no Hell!no Heaven / Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.