Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

The Message - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Message (369 Views)

Who Is Yet To Get The Message Sent From NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Message by Mtoluwase(m): 2:01am On May 05, 2017
The Gift

He walked up to me with a rugged dressing, gave me the most fierce and stern look ever. I can't imagine, I can't explain it, I stood transfixed in awe of this stranger, a middle-aged man in a brown suit and a Bible to match. Of course, I wasn't the only one sitting but his looks made me uncontrollably nervous and visibly shaken.
I have never been a supporter/promoter of Roadside/Park pastors or open evangelism done on street, but there is something about this man, I can't let go, for a reason I was transfixed, I was perturbed and exhausted even without him saying a word! this couldn't have lasted for more than 2 Minutes, I look like a kid that just stole meat and was caught in the act, then the relive came............

"Good evening my brothers and sisters in christ, I choose not to bug you with my sermon, neither will I repeat what you have been hearing so far. Now that you are done with NYSC, am sure you probably feel the urge to rest and unwind tonight, your various social medias will be flooded with congratulatory messages and your pictures. Beware you didn't type and click amen to wear this cloth, do not be deceived you are not going to the favour market but labour market. Don't spend the whole day in church and fellowship looking for fast answers and miracles, a thousand and one likes, amen, share/repost will never put food on your table. Instead work, work hard, play, keep a very small circle, (the lesser the circle the lesser the problem) dream big, WAKE UP AND ACHIEVE IT. Over 6000 churches in Nigeria alone but unfortunately most Christians lives are stagnant why because we base our teachings on faith, miracle, salvation and wealth. Even the Bible says" Faith without work is dead". All the great men and women you see/read of today are not hiding behind a keyboard, are not slaying and pepper ganging around, they are not even living by faith, all the people God appointed where at their various duty post when He came calling, All of Jesus disciples were also at their duty post when he came calling. the zeal to work was in them, they weren't lazying around, they worked, obtained grace and did exploit. My children the Bible say "If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth". Of these commandments include; love, faith and Work. This statement does not occur just once but for whopping 253 times in the Bible which indeed understates and evaluates its importance, You shall Do exploit. I pray God grants you wisdom to understand and comprehend this message, grant you grace to do exploits and counts us worthy on the final day. Amen!

Slowly he took a bow and left. The message kept ringing in my ears, his voice kept echoing in my ears, its like have never heard a Message before, I was bare to the bones and has since then begun the re-evaluation process of my soul. Jerking back to reality my company has grown by almost 50% of its initial size, some people were so visibly shaken that tears ran down their cheeks uncontrollably and unconsciously. I hope this message helps and save a soul out there.

Shallom

(1) (Reply)

My Special Appeal Towards The Children's Day Program / Akwa Ibom To Abia State Batch A Stream 2 Lets Meet Here / Hottest Deals In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.