Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone (700 Views)

Phone Tech-explained Everything You Need To Know About IR Blaster / Important Things To Do Before Rooting Your Android Device / Disadvantage Of Rooting Your Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 14, 2017
This is probably old topic but I would like to cover everything I can on "rooting" your Android devices for beginners and even for experts!!! The reason I created this thread is because I noticed that some Android users don't know what rooting is while others just root their phones with using it to its full potential. I do tell people that says rooting is useless that if you know how to use it to its full potential then don't bother rooting
My explanation is going to be very, very long so if you are not ready to read my long epistle, I would advice you to press the back button. Lastly before I begin I would try as much as possible to make sure I use simple words as much as possible so that beginners will be able to understand.

1. What is ROOTING
According to Wikipedia, Rooting is the process of allowing users of
smartphones , tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain
privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device gives similar access to administrative ( superuser ) permissions as on Linux or any other Unix-like operating system such as
FreeBSD or OS X.
But in my own terms, rooting is described being able to use your mobile to its full potential i.e being free, yes, I said it. Once your phone is rooted you break free from the limitations put in place by the phone manufacturer/carriers. Rooting gives your Android phone Superpowers grin. To be honest Google is actually cool with you rooting your Android they could make rooting harder. Lots of Android phone makers did. You can find tons of apps designed to run on rooted Android devices in the Google Play store. If Google were out to quash rooting, that would not be the case. While I can't guarantee any particular app is safe or wise, if you're going to install root access apps, sticking to the Google Play store is at least a way to keep out most of the bad actors. Now that you understand what rooting is unto the next one

2. Why should I Root My Phone
I would need to create a new thread on the advantages of rooting because they are just so much!!! But to name a few things you can do, You don’t wait around for manufacturers and carriers for updates after rooting your phone, you can easily get rid of some annoying bloatwares(system applications), it increases your phone's battery life, and for the gamers you can over clock your low end android to be able to play high end games, you can change your Android operating system to that of IPhone and many more but nothing good comes without its own disadvantages. The disadvantage of rooting is that it can void your warranty and if you don't know what you are doing you might brick your Android sad so I would advice you to do alot of research before downloading an app.
And last question is

3. How do I root my phone
So you've made up your mind that rooting is for you and now you want to know how to root it? There are different methods you can use but the safest and easiest method I recommend is using Kingroot app.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask me
©Vasaratti16

Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by oz4real83(m): 2:08pm On May 14, 2017
Thanks for this thread. Assuming I am buying a second hand phone,how will i know whether it is rooted if i am not told?
Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by ore291(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2017
oz4real83:
Thanks for this thread. Assuming I am buying a second hand phone,how will i know whether it is rooted if i am not told?
download rootchecker on playstore
Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by oz4real83(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2017
ore291:
download rootchecker on playstore
thanks
Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by donblazer10(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2017
Can you give me a Link to download the Kingroot..My play store ain't opening
Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 14, 2017
donblazer10:
Can you give me a Link to download the Kingroot..My play store ain't opening
Here http://kingroot.en.uptodown.com/android/download and if you've got any questions feel free to ask.
Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by donblazer10(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Here http://kingroot.en.uptodown.com/android/download and if you've got any questions feel free to ask.
thanks boss
Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by donblazer10(m): 5:38pm On May 14, 2017
Boss it's nt downloading
Re: Rooting Explained: Everything You Need To Know About Rooting Your Phone by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 14, 2017

(1) (Reply)

My Google Play Store Is Not Opening / Pls Help! What Is The Current Price Of Techno R7 Screen / Check Out The New Iphone X. No Home Button And Unlock Your Phone With Your Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.