Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Share Tips! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Tips! (1222 Views)

Please share tips but don't promote your ebooks / Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks / Share Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Tips! by LadyT(f): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2007
Ok people What are the hottest shares right now?

I bought the Intercontienatal shares last year when they were 13 Naira each I hear they have gone up to 19 Naira now!

I'm mainly looking for food shares or shares in Industry so whats hot and whats not?

By the way my future father in-law bought nestle shares at 3 Naira each now they are worth 243 each!
Re: Share Tips! by cheexy: 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2007
Pls what year did your future father in law buy those shares. The food industry is not so rewarding. Focus more on the banking industry. I think it is better cool
Re: Share Tips! by oshkosh(m): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2007
Right now the following 3 shares are a must buy, confident of a minimum 100% ROI by end of O7 -

1) Oceanic bank
2) Diamond Bank
3) UBA.

The others to watch out for are - Ashaka, Guinness, Intercontinental, Zenith bank, Wapco

I don't know much about the brewery sector, but I believe Guiness is a safe bet.

I'll provide details of the factors that'll drive these on subsequent posts.
Re: Share Tips! by LoverBwoy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2007
Right now the following 3 shares are a must buy, confident of a minimum 100% ROI by end of O7 -

1) Oceanic bank
2) Diamond Bank
3) UBA.

confident of a minimum 100% roi?  shocked

waiting for the details sha
Re: Share Tips! by LadyT(f): 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2007
cheexy:

Please what year did your future father in law buy those shares. The food industry is not so rewarding. Focus more on the banking industry. I think it is better cool

Oh that baba bought them over 20 years ago!

He showed me his share certificates!

Thanks guys for thereplies Iwill look inot what you suggested.

Its diamond bank the bank thats give high interest rates on savings?
Re: Share Tips! by oshkosh(m): 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2007
ok, here -

Oceanic Bank - Relatively low PE ratio, high EPS, good cashflow, extremely sound management, extremely good market perception (locally and internationally), appointment of Apostle Alile seen as a major boost to investor confidence as the overwhelming 'Ibru' footprint reduced.

Finally and very signifficant, high on the list of big money - institutional investors. My prediction is
this will be N25 minimum by December.
Re: Share Tips! by jesuseun1(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2007
hi guys ,i need advise on which shares to buy either from intercont,GTB, oceanic.i think

banking shares are good to buy these days.
Re: Share Tips! by Tmoni(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2007
i am considering making a swoop for FCMB, it is relatively cheap and they have paid off the GOODWILL so they should release a good result and dividend payout.
Re: Share Tips! by LadyT(f): 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2007
Whats a good website to see the value of shares in Nigeria on a daily basis?
Re: Share Tips! by gbeborun(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2007
Investors are concerned about the future cashflow from their investment. This comprises of Capital Gain and Dividend payment. Also note that the value of any investment is the present value of the future cashflow. With this at the back of our mind, do u see a growth from 19 to 25 naira as a good result, considering the leave of inflation in Nigeria?
Re: Share Tips! by gbeborun(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2007
jesu seun, i think Gtbank will be a good buy. I my estimation they are the only ethical bank in Nigeria at the moment. I trust their results and i dont think they indulge in any creative accounting. All the best with your investment
Re: Share Tips! by LadyT(f): 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2007
Some of these banks you guys are mentioning do they even rake in the top ten?
Re: Share Tips! by gbeborun(m): 12:54am On Feb 04, 2007
yes o LadyT, most of them rank in the top 10, but if u consider the number of banks in naija, then i think u shld be looking at the top 5
Re: Share Tips! by ckenneths(m): 9:59am On Feb 04, 2007
My take on this, go for GTB, WAPCO, OCEANIC, and dont even think of banking in Nigeria without a mention of the old soldier that is still pushing ahead, FIRST BANK !
Re: Share Tips! by ckenneths(m): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2007
We all seem to be forgetting that if the possibility of ZENITH BANK giving a bonus share this year is really high,
I think that places them firmly on the favorites list when you consider ROI.
Re: Share Tips! by egoldman(m): 11:34am On Feb 04, 2007
LadyT:

Whats a good website to see the value of shares in Nigeria on a daily basis?

you may get daily quotes on Nigerian stocks here www.cashcraft.com
Re: Share Tips! by donalda(m): 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2007
Your strategy is the major determinant of which equity is the hottest. Is your strategy capital appreciation in the short, medium or long term? Is it volume appreciation? If you can sincerely answer these, you would be a better investor rather than follwoing some other people's vision.
Re: Share Tips! by LadyT(f): 8:22pm On Feb 04, 2007
I think I can only learn from other peoples experiences. Every Bank will tell me their the best I should invest in them. I want a long term investment with a good turnover. I dont my shares to go up one day then drop down to nothing the next day. But I also want to make short term investments on the side where I can buy shares and make quick profits then sell again and look for something else and do it again.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Service Charge! Can Someone Explain? / Twyford Wc Company / Wholesale Dsquared Products Www.dsquared2sale.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.