Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Laravel Vs Custom Php Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Laravel Vs Custom Php Code (1157 Views)

Laravel VS Codeigniter / A Thread For PHP Code Igniter Framework Tutorial / Create A Custom PHP Or .net Tools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laravel Vs Custom Php Code by olamil34(m): 1:44am On Jun 27, 2017
dear programmers would prefer to write your custom php code or use a prewritten framework(laravel) , compare prices from diff stores with [url]quickfinda.com[/url]
Re: Laravel Vs Custom Php Code by steinalb(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2017
Laravel maybe pre-written as you put it. U can still customised it as u deem fit from scratch.
Re: Laravel Vs Custom Php Code by talk2hb1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
olamil34:
dear programmers would prefer to write your custom php code or use a prewritten framework(laravel) , compare prices from diff stores with [url]quickfinda.com[/url]
Considering these factors
Time to market
Maintenance cost
Robustness
Scalability
etc
Laravel is the way to go............

1 Like

Re: Laravel Vs Custom Php Code by wwwmaster: 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
Depends on the size of web app you want to write.
I have a sort of tiny framework of my own with register/login modal and many classes pre-written. If I want to create a tiny web app, I'll use it.

If I want something bigger, I'll use Yii2 (sorry, I am not the biggest fan of laravel).

The difference between my tiny php framework and laravel/Yii2 is performance and it matters a lot.
I'll always pick Yii2 for bigger web app because of the added security advantage, plus packagist!
Re: Laravel Vs Custom Php Code by talk2hb1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
wwwmaster:
Depends on the size of web app you want to write.
I have a sort of tiny framework of my own with register/login modal and many classes pre-written. If I want to create a tiny web app, I'll use it.

If I want something bigger, I'll use Yii2 (sorry, I am not the biggest fan of laravel).

The difference between my tiny php framework and laravel/Yii2 is performance and it matters a lot.
I'll always pick Yii2 for bigger web app because of the added security advantage, plus packagist!
If I understand your framework cant be extendd with all this Packagist package, PSR issue.

1 Like

Re: Laravel Vs Custom Php Code by wwwmaster: 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
talk2hb1:

If I understand your framework cant be extendd with all this Packagist package, PSR issue.

Yeah, didn't use PSR standard for it. Just a tiny organisation of objects and classes.

(1) (Reply)

Python Professionals Advice Needed / Apply Today For A Google Developer Scholarship And Certification Grant / Programming of GSTECH OST To PST Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.