Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert (6177 Views)

How To Bid For Cars On Nigerian Customs Service E-auction Website / How To Register And Participate In The Ongoing Customs E-auction / Public Notice - Nigerian Customs E-auction Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2017
PUBLIC NOTICE

E-AUCTION ADVERT

Nigeria Customs Service wishes to inform the general public about its readiness to deploy the e-auction platform via www.trade.gov.ng/e-auction as from 1st July, 2017.

Consequently, all those who want to participate in the e-auction process are advised to note the following terms and conditions:

•Applicant must have a valid TIN issued by the FIRS with an active e-mail account.

•An applicant shall pay a non refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000.00) as administrative charge.

•An Item is auctioned “as is” as such request for replacement or refund shall not be entertained.

•The successful bidder shall make payment within five (5) working days.

•Failure to pay within five (5) working days the item reverts to the second (2nd) highest bidder.

•The successful bidder has two (2) weeks from the date of payment to remove the item bidded for or forfeit same at the expiration of the two (2) weeks.

•Any auction item not removed from the warehouse within fourteen (14) days from the date of payment shall revert to its pre-bidding status.

•Take note for overtime cargo, that the successful bidder shall in addition pay 25% charges for Shipping line and Terminal operator respectively.

•Bidders shall be allowed to bid for more than 2 items per bidding window.

•For claiming items, the winner shall present;

i.A valid copy of paid assessment and bank receipt (optional in case of e-payment);

ii.E-mailed code to identify owner after payment;

iii.A notarized letter in case owner sends representative. (Where owner is present uploaded photo on registration will do.)

iv.Provide proper identification with the notarized letter such as International passport, Driver’s licence, Voters card or National I.D.

•The dwell time for this Online Auction Sale shall be Twenty-Eight (28) days.

•Third party claims shall not be entertained.

•Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service are excluded from participating in this Auction.

•Owner of seized item is excluded from bidding for same.

•Conditions and terms of this auction are to be carefully considered by an interested person before acceptance.

•Applicant undertakes to abide by the conditions and terms of this auction

Signed
Management
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by NwaAmaikpe: 7:42am On Jul 01, 2017
shocked

Okay....

Now it is time for me to claim the wealth of the Gentiles.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:33am On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by mayor2013: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by yakbauer: 5:58am On Jul 04, 2017
Too many questions
- how will an interested bidder register to bid, there's no option to open a customer's account, only login as registered user.
- how will one pay the N1000 admin fees, there's no description on how & where one can pay
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2017
yakbauer:
Too many questions
- how will an interested bidder register to bid, there's no option to open a customer's account, only login as registered user.
- how will one pay the N1000 admin fees, there's no description on how & where one can pay

The site is still been worked on but any inquiry that you might have, you can visit any custom formation near you to ask from their finance department or legal unit.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by zamirikpo(m): 3:59am On Jul 05, 2017
My question is how am I sure these cars have engines in them cos only one pix cannot explain much. Another question is how do we avoid paying extra 25% on shipping and terminal operator fees

Pls saintjoel throw more light.

1 Like

Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by aieromon(m): 6:04am On Jul 05, 2017
The Customs Auctions website https://app.trade.gov.ng/eauction is live on the web.

Bidding started Monday July 3, 2017.

Here are 8 things you need to know.

1. You must have a valid TIN number from the FIRS to fully participate in the auction process.

2. An e-wallet will be created automatically for the user, when you register.

3. The user is to select any customs designated bank of his/her choice listed on the website and make payments into his/her wallet.

4. The administrative fee of N1,000 per bid will be deducted from the e-wallet.

5. A user is allowed a maximum of TWO bids per bidding window.

6. Monies deposited into the e-wallet cannot be withdrawn afterwards. And if a bid is won, the money in the e-wallet cannot be used for payment. So deposit what may be enough per time for bids to be placed.

7. If your bid is won, you have a maximum of 5 working days to pay up at any designated bank and a maximum of 2 weeks to move the item from the auction site. If you fail to do so, the item will be given to the next highest bidder in that bidding window.

8. Take your time to peruse the items thoroughly before placing a bid.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/04/8-things-know-nigeria-customs-e-auction-website/
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2017
zamirikpo:
My question is how am I sure these cars have engines in them cos only one pix cannot explain much. Another question is how do we avoid paying extra 25% on shipping and terminal operator fees

Pls saintjoel throw more light.

Like I've stated earlier, the auction site is still work IN progress. If you've seen any other cloned site advertising cars for auction, it's fake. Issues like what you are asking about will be solved when the site is up,vehicles aren't the only items to be auctioned.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2017
saintjoel:
PUBLIC NOTICE

E-AUCTION ADVERT

Nigeria Customs Service wishes to inform the general public about its readiness to deploy the e-auction platform via www.trade.gov.ng/e-auction as from 1st July, 2017.

Consequently, all those who want to participate in the e-auction process are advised to note the following terms and conditions:

•Applicant must have a valid TIN issued by the FIRS with an active e-mail account.

•An applicant shall pay a non refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000.00) as administrative charge.

•An Item is auctioned “as is” as such request for replacement or refund shall not be entertained.

•The successful bidder shall make payment within five (5) working days.

•Failure to pay within five (5) working days the item reverts to the second (2nd) highest bidder.

•The successful bidder has two (2) weeks from the date of payment to remove the item bidded for or forfeit same at the expiration of the two (2) weeks.

•Any auction item not removed from the warehouse within fourteen (14) days from the date of payment shall revert to its pre-bidding status.

•Take note for overtime cargo, that the successful bidder shall in addition pay 25% charges for Shipping line and Terminal operator respectively.

•Bidders shall be allowed to bid for more than 2 items per bidding window.

•For claiming items, the winner shall present;

i.A valid copy of paid assessment and bank receipt (optional in case of e-payment);

ii.E-mailed code to identify owner after payment;

iii.A notarized letter in case owner sends representative. (Where owner is present uploaded photo on registration will do.)

iv.Provide proper identification with the notarized letter such as International passport, Driver’s licence, Voters card or National I.D.

•The dwell time for this Online Auction Sale shall be Twenty-Eight (28) days.

•Third party claims shall not be entertained.

•Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service are excluded from participating in this Auction.

•Owner of seized item is excluded from bidding for same.

•Conditions and terms of this auction are to be carefully considered by an interested person before acceptance.

•Applicant undertakes to abide by the conditions and terms of this auction

Signed
Management

JAIZ EMERGES FIRST IN CUSTOM E-AUCTION INTEGRATION PLATFORM

Jaiz Bank Plc, the only full-fledged non-interest bank in Nigeria has emerged the first commercial bank in the country to integrate the Nigerian Customs Service e-auction platform.

The e-auction platform was part of the restructuring mandate initiated by the Comptroller General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) when he resumed duty in 2015. It was aimed at blocking revenue leakages thereby increasing revenue generation for the government.

After repeated tests of the e-auction platform, the Nigeria Custom has deployed the e-auction portal yesterday with Jaiz Bank as the only Bank that has successfully completed the integration process thus enabling auction transactions on the portal.

The portal is now fully networked to Jaiz Bank as the only bank that has successfully completed the integration process out of the designated Banks. This will ensure that money accruing from the auction gets to the Central Bank of Nigeria Treasury Single Account for transparency and accountability.

The platform which is highly interactive will only give access to holders of TIN. Such tax payers will log in, read the guidelines, pay the non-refundable one thousand auction fee and proceed to bid for the items on auction. Hitherto, all auction by the custom are conducted through a manual process which was identified as non-competitive and opened to abuses hence the introduction of e-auction.

Jaiz Bank PLC is a quoted public company owned by over 26,000 shareholders spread over the six geo-political zones of Nigeria. The Bank's balance sheet has grown from N12 billion in 2012 to about N68 billion, with asset financing of over N30 billion (as at end of 2016) and customer base of over 230,000 cutting across all strata of the society.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by yakbauer: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
This info is very useful,thanks.
But they should've used a bank with wider reach.

saintjoel:

Jaiz Bank Plc, the only full-fledged non-interest bank in Nigeria has emerged the first commercial bank in the country to integrate the Nigerian Customs Service e-auction platform.

The e-auction platform was part of the restructuring mandate initiated by the Comptroller General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) when he resumed duty in 2015. It was aimed at blocking revenue leakages thereby increasing revenue generation for the government.

After repeated tests of the e-auction platform, the Nigeria Custom has deployed the e-auction portal yesterday with Jaiz Bank as the only Bank that has successfully completed the integration process thus enabling auction transactions on the portal.

The portal is now fully networked to Jaiz Bank as the only bank that has successfully completed the integration process out of the designated Banks. This will ensure that money accruing from the auction gets to the Central Bank of Nigeria Treasury Single Account for transparency and accountability.

The platform which is highly interactive will only give access to holders of TIN. Such tax payers will log in, read the guidelines, pay the non-refundable one thousand auction fee and proceed to bid for the items on auction. Hitherto, all auction by the custom are conducted through a manual process which was identified as non-competitive and opened to abuses hence the introduction of e-auction.

Jaiz Bank PLC is a quoted public company owned by over 26,000 shareholders spread over the six geo-political zones of Nigeria. The Bank's balance sheet has grown from N12 billion in 2012 to about N68 billion, with asset financing of over N30 billion (as at end of 2016) and customer base of over 230,000 cutting across all strata of the society.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
yakbauer:
This info is very useful,thanks.
But they should've used a bank with wider reach.

I think other banks might come online soon.

1 Like

Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
saintjoel:

https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction/user/register/register-link

This is the updated site for the auction.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by zamirikpo(m): 5:23am On Jul 08, 2017
thanks for the update and pls has anyone initiated any bids successful or not, pls educate us.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
zamirikpo:
thanks for the update and pls has anyone initiated any bids successful or not, pls educate us.

We learnt 43 people have won bids.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by zamirikpo(m): 9:41am On Jul 10, 2017
saintjoel:

The thing tire me. The site is unavailable at the moment .

1 Like

Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by agabusta: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
saintjoel:

It seems the mainstream banks do not know how to fund the E-wallet. Do you have an idea of any of the banks that has successfully funded the Customs E-wallet?
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
agabusta:

It seems the mainstream banks do not know how to fund the E-wallet. Do you have an idea of any of the banks that has successfully funded the Customs E-wallet?

Jaiz bank.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by agabusta: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
saintjoel:

Jaiz bank.

Thank you. Unfortunately it seems once, a bank is selected, it cannot be changed again. I just wonder why all the other banks were listed there, despite that they actually cannot fund the e-wallet. I hope its not another naija strategy for bias sha?
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
agabusta:

Thank you. Unfortunately it seems once, a bank is selected, it cannot be changed again. I just wonder why all the other banks were listed there, despite that they actually cannot fund the e-wallet. Hope not be another strategy for bias sha?

The C. G complained weeks ago that other banks have refused to cooperate with customs for reasons best known to them. Although they promised to join the platform but till now, only jaiz bank is operating the E wallet.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by abuuthmaan: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2017
Good day, @saintjoel, please what is the interval between opening of one bidding window and another, as in do they have a particular day for opening the bidding window ?
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2017
abuuthmaan:
Good day, @saintjoel, please what is the interval between opening of one bidding window and another, as in do they have a particular day for opening the bidding window ?

I'm not sure about the bidding window, the interval shouldn't be more than forty-eight hours.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by agabusta: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2017
abuuthmaan:

New items for auctions are uploaded weekly. It always start every Mon by 12noon and closes Wed by 12noon. That is, the items are available for auctions within a 48hour period.

On Sun the vehicles are uploaded on the heading 'Future Auctions' and on Mon by 12noon, the vehicles will disappear from future auctions and now appear under "Current Auctions".

https://app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction/auction/list/current/1
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by abuuthmaan: 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Good day, pls is it possible to change the designated bank cus i paid money into my e-wallet but up till thus moment, the e-wallet account is yet to be funded thus hindering my chance.

Also,who has their contact number, help as it's urgent
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
abuuthmaan:
Good day, pls is it possible to change the designated bank cus i paid money into my e-wallet but up till thus moment, the e-wallet account is yet to be funded thus hindering my chance.

Also,who has their contact number, help as it's urgent

Only jaiz bank is online.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by abuuthmaan: 6:24am On Aug 17, 2017
saintjoel:

Thanks for your quick response, but my challenge now is, i selected unity bank as my designated bank, and since they couldn't fund my e-wallet, how do i change to jaiz bank?
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by abuuthmaan: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
Pls someone should help on how to change bank on the platform, very important
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by agabusta: 7:11am On Aug 22, 2017
saintjoel:

All the banks are now online.
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by agabusta: 7:20am On Aug 22, 2017
abuuthmaan:
Pls someone should help on how to change bank on the platform, very important

I have tried and tried since the 2nd week they started, tried to make calls, sent countless emails, searched the internet for any clue but was still unable. I had to go open a fresh account with a relative's details.

But don't get discouraged, that does not mean you may not find a way sha. Just keep putting pressure on your bank. Your bank may even find a way around it before you are able to change.

Tell the bank to ensure they pay the money using pay-direct. The caption on pay-direct is NCS EAuction participation fee.

1 Like

Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 7:57am On Aug 22, 2017
agabusta:

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by saintjoel(m): 7:57am On Aug 22, 2017
agabusta:

Thanks for the updates
Re: Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert by agabusta: 9:16am On Aug 22, 2017
saintjoel:

Thanks for the updates

You are welcome. Pls I want to make some enquiries.

Is it the same amount they clear accidented and cars in perfect conditions?

Also, pls how much can you clear Sienna 2004/2005?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Urgent Advice Needed: My Front Left Wheel Gets Real Hot After Driving. / How Do You Buy From Amazon? / Which Is Better? Getting A Brand New Car With An Auto Loan Or Buying Tokunbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.