Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059120 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Immanuelar(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hello gurus,
Please I'm about getting some solar materials from justcallmenu.el here. I would like to be sure if anyone has patronised the seller without regrets in terms of quantity. Main concern is that some prices he gave me are much cheaper than what installation engineers quoted. E.g he stated 10kwh felicity lit battery as #1.35m against #1.7m quoted by engineer; felicity 5kva hybrid inverter as 350k against 550k quoted by engineer.
This is nothing personal, just making enquiries before purchasing an expensive item.
Tnx.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2023
Immanuelar:
Hello gurus,
Please I'm about getting some solar materials from justcallmenu.el here. I would like to be sure if anyone has patronised the seller without regrets in terms of quantity. Main concern is that some prices he gave me are much cheaper than what installation engineers quoted. E.g he stated 10kwh felicity lit battery as #1.35m against #1.7m quoted by engineer; felicity 5kva hybrid inverter as 350k against 550k quoted by engineer.
This is nothing personal, just making enquiries before purchasing an expensive item.
Tnx.

Not holding brief but you can't compare third party pricing with pricing of a major retailer or distributor

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
DURABLE SOLAR PANELS AVAILABLE!!!

Jinko 435W N136,000
Jinko 475W N147,000
Jinko 550W N169,500
Jinko 575W N177,000

ERA SOLAR:
370w black ..... 112,000
400w black ..... 120,000
450w ............... Sold out
550w ............... Sold out

JA SOLAR
410w .......... OOS
460w .......... OOS
550w .......... OOS
590w .......... OOS

LONGI SOLAR
450w ........ 140,000
540w ........ Sold out
545w ........ Sold out

CANADIAN SOLAR;
600w ....... limited stock
670w ....... 200,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Immanuelar(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Not holding brief but you can't compare third party pricing with pricing of a major retailer or distributor
Meaning his price are cheaper because he's a major retailers?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bgee77: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bgee77: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
jonescosmos:

If we are referring to the same Felicity 540W Panel, your VOC per panel is 49.55V.

So 49.55V x 3 pcs (series) = 148.65V (This is less than 195V of max VOC of the Inverter)

You can actually do 3S5P (With 15PCS of Felicity 540W) to max out your 6600W Potential of the Inverter.

But if you calculate with your amp of 4p or 5p
148.65x 12.89x4 =7630.88w and for 5p is around 9k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Cutezt(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2023
odimbannamdi:

What model sir?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2023
The feedback I am getting is that our Chinese guys were firmly on ground. I hear they have started offering 15 years to 20 years battery warranty.

The capacity I hear they are offering on inverters is so far unbelievable that I cannot yet mention it until I get concrete proof.

I understand these Chinese guys are taking this space by storm o. I am not too shocked though, considering how far they have gone with electric cars.

isangjohnson:

Please, we need update on new innovations as I'm working on community solar project.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
ojesymsym:
The feedback I am getting is that our Chinese guys were firmly on ground. I hear they have started offering 15 years to 20 years battery warranty.

The capacity I hear they are offering on inverters is so far unbelievable that I cannot yet mention it until I get concrete proof.

I understand these Chinese guys are taking this space by storm o. I am not too shocked though, considering how far they have gone with electric cars.

its really unbelievable. 15yrs? The goal of every business model is to make money while keeping other values constant.. well nothing is impossible.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2023
ojesymsym:

Is the 15 to 20 years warranty on the same lifepo4 battery we've been using and with how many life cycle?
I just hope they were not deceiving the masses.
There are a lot of discussions on issue of Eve grade A cells in other forums that Eve does not cell grade A to those marketers (vendors) we usually buy from.....
I'm hoping to know the life cycle, the unit price/capacity, the company (Eve, Reph, CATL) of this very product in questions.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:58am On Sep 20, 2023
Immanuelar:

Meaning his price are cheaper because he's a major retailers?

Very likely.

Read his previous posts.

He moves a lot of products.

Most installers cannot handle match him price for price and quantity for quantity.

As a general rule, the more you can buy or you buy, the cheaper you can buy or buy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 6:22am On Sep 20, 2023
isangjohnson:

Is the 15 to 20 years warranty on the same lifepo4 battery we've been using and with how many life cycle?
I just hope they were not deceiving the masses.
There are a lot of discussions on issue of Eve grade A cells in other forums that Eve does not cell grade A to those marketers (vendors) we usually buy from.....
I'm hoping to know the life cycle, the unit price/capacity, the company (Eve, Reph, CATL) of this very product in questions.
I can vouch for the eve cells I got from Deriy, at least the qr codes confirmed them.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 6:23am On Sep 20, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Very likely.

Read his previous posts.

He moves a lot of products.

Most installers cannot handle match him price for price and quantity for quantity.

As a general rule, the more you can buy or you buy, the cheaper you can buy or buy
Don't judge a book by it's covers.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 6:33am On Sep 20, 2023
Immanuelar:
Hello gurus,
Tnx.

Felicity has many pricing levels, many grades for same product (some products have grade A cells, some refurbished etc), you'll also notice difference in their packaging and label codes LPBR, LPBF etc, and also their products in the market come from many sources.
Some products could also be orphans, if you're familiar with new phones, there are phones tagged "Nigerian warranty" and they cost quite more.

So, both prices could be for different products or for same product with different sources.

That said, I can't comment on the sources of your installer or the seller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 6:37am On Sep 20, 2023
jonescosmos:

Nigeria and their haphazard way of doing things.
Last year, the same event took place at the same venue. This year it's here again at the same venue. With little or no publication or adverts, how do people outside Lagos participate? For Example, I can count myself among the first 100 Nigerians who are glued to the news. I didn't come across this except that you have just mentioned it here.

Why won't we emulate other countries in things like this?

For example take a look at MikroTik User Meeting https://mum.mikrotik.com/

this is just one out of many international events. Then our own local events, we can't even rotate it around Nigerian States. What a shame.

Majority of the publicity I saw came from the brands themselves.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ameh99: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2023
12v 50AH lithium battery packs

we also build and customize lithium battery packs of any size

call/whatsapp: 09068448005

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2023
Juror:

Don't judge a book by it's covers.

That is why I said I am not holding brief for him.

That said let me say more.

When I want to buy panels, I go to the manufacturer's website and look for distributors in my region, then I call and email everyone of them.

Based on their responses, I determine whether I can buy from the distributor or if the distributor has an approved reseller.

I then deal with the approved reseller.

That way I can guarantee that I am not buying a grey product but peace of mind.

I think you should take this as my final answer, and please @Immanuelar, ignore my earlier responses. Follow this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2023
Juror:

I can vouch for the eve cells I got from Deriy, at least the qr codes confirmed them.
Could you please give us what the qr code confirmed including the capacity/purchase price?
People that need real grade A cells buy direct from Eve and get manufacturer test report/test datasheet and it's very expensive.
Vendors have already started to relaser, re-QRcode the Eve cells.
Initially, I thought B mark is going to help... Now, we don't know the original manufacturing date anymore.
Most of the vendors has grade A brand new cells for sale but few actually do automotive grade and those that do send you test report from Eve.
We do not actually need automotive grade for solar storage and that's why I always go for whatever grade that the capacity test is up to what is being stated.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adewasco2k(m): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2023
Please I need recommendation.

I am thinking of getting this for a start:

Felicity 3.5kva hybrid
Felicity battery 7.5kwh

I am not going solar for now, I plan getting the solar panels and solar charge controller later.

I am confuse because of the various prices I am seeing which are inconsistent.

Are their particular model for Felicity that are better ?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Laughnow419: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
Dam5reey:

If you are planning to use these devices.. that's mean you don't need the portability..

Get your self a 12V 200AH LA battery for 230K
Hybrid 12V, 1kw for 180k.. remaining change for installation this will provide better power, capacity and upgradable.

You can add Solar in future...

You know very well you guys own don't last.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2023
adewasco2k:
Please I need recommendation.

I am thinking of getting this for a start:

Felicity 3.5kva hybrid
Felicity battery 7.5kwh

I am not going solar for now, I plan getting the solar panels and solar charge controller later.

I am confuse because of the various prices I am seeing which are inconsistent.

Are their particular model for Felicity that are better ?

Thanks

Why buying a Charge Controller if you are planning on buying a Hybrid Inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Uchman81(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
Those prices are tempting, if the distance isn't that much, you pay him a visit.
Keep us posted, will like to get the Felicity 5kva hybrid inveter as my Must 3kw inveter isn't serving anymore.
Immanuelar:
Hello gurus,
Tnx.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
Uchman81:
Those prices are tempting, if the distance isn't that much, you pay him a visit.
Keep us posted, will like to get the Felicity 5kva hybrid inveter as my Must 3kw inveter isn't serving anymore.
please what happened to yours. I AM Looking for a detailed review on the must 3kw 24v inverter.is it a hybrid inv or Standalone
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adewasco2k(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
jonescosmos:

Why buying a Charge Controller if you are planning on buying a Hybrid Inverter?

Oh! I understand now.

I just want a model of 3.5kva and 7.5kw battery that will work fine while I can add solar later.

So if I am getting an hybrid then I don’t need a solar charge controller later but if I get a non hybrid I don’t mind also to get the charge controller later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2023
I av recommended him to a friend who go few items from him. He didnt give any bad report on the items till date. So yes, he's legit. D problems with some installers is that dey inflate prices. Some will still not get u d quality dey promised in the end. Buy ur items ursef n call installer to put them together.
Immanuelar:
Hello gurus,
Tnx.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Uchman81(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2023
It's a hybrid.
Heats up easily while charging with Nepa, the fan stays on through out the charging period.
Damaged my laptop chargers. (All those kikiki sounds, from there the charger will stop working)
Haven't loaded it more than 300 watts so I don't know how it handles load.
brightk:
please what happened to yours. I AM Looking for a detailed review on the must 3kw 24v inverter.is it a hybrid inv or Standalone
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 9:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
Uchman81:
It's a hybrid.
Heats up easily while charging with Nepa, the fan stays on through out the charging period.
Damaged my laptop chargers. (All those kikiki sounds, from there the charger will stop working)
i don run

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
Uchman81:
It's a hybrid.

In simple terms, there are 3 types of Inverters.. . The cheap one used to simply be square-wave, that is ON + for half the cycle and - for the other half cycle. . . OK, for lights, and heating equipment, did work with computers and some other stuff, but probably not very good for them.. . Very high in 3rd harmonica and other odd harmonics as well. . . Then they improved these by having an OFF period between the + and - .. . These are “Modified Square-wave” but the naughty manufacturers call them “Modified sine-wave” which they certainly are not.

Then, in the old days, we used to have real TRUE Pure-Sinewave Inverters.. . These were proper sine-wave and very clean, even cleaner than the grid supply, free of any harmonics or any other products. . . . They worked very well, but they were inefficient at converting DC to AC, and so gave off a lot of heat.

The more recent, particularly larger modern Inverters use a form of Switch-mode, often referred to as PWM. .. They switch the DC feed to the output, often through a transformer, in very fast On/Off pulses. . . The On and Off period ratio, sort of matches a sinewave approximately. . . . So with efficient output Filtering, their output is fairly close to a sinewave. . These are the true Modified Sine-wave inverters. . . The filtering blocks most of the harmonics, particularly the higher frequencies, their outputs are good for anything that normally works from grid power. . . But they are NOT True sinewave as manufacturers call them, but they are very power efficient, typically up in the high 90’s %. . . Some claiming 98% efficient, whereas the actual True Sine-wave, as I mentioned before, from Linear Inverters, were perhaps only about 60% efficient.

The outputs of inverters that are power efficient have a lot of harmonics.
Back in Engineering 201 (I think it was the sophomore year) we learned about the Fourier transform and how any waveform can be created with a series of sine waves with different frequencies. frequencies.

The attached picture shows what happens as you add odd harmonics (3*F, 5*F, 7*F) to a sine wave. You can see the sine wave starts looking like a square wave.
A square wave, or any rectangular switching waveform, has a bunch of harmonics present that are often significant at more than ten times the square wave frequency.

For some equipment this is no problem. A lot of components today such as chargers and displays just rectify the AC input right away. Harmonics either don’t matter or they are mostly filtered out and don’t cause a problem.

Magnetic equipment, such as motors and transformers, are not so forgiving. The magnetic material in most line frequency magnetic components is a silicon steel alloy that is chosen because it works well at low frequency, 50 to 60 Hz. The losses of silicon steel increase rapidly with frequency. If there is significant energy at 500 to 600 Hz the loss of the magnetic material causes it to heat up.

Things like refrigerators, fan motors and old equipment with a line transformer can all be heated enough to cause failure.

In many pieces of old equipment the AC inputs are not as well filtered and the higher frequency harmonics can cause noise and interference.

An inverter that doesn't produce pure sine wave energy can have a number of negative effects, including:

Reduced efficiency and increased power consumption. A non-pure sine wave inverter typically has lower efficiency than a pure sine wave inverter, which means it requires more power to produce the same amount of energy.

Reduced performance of some electronic devices. Some electronic devices, such as some types of motors, are sensitive to the type of power they receive and may perform poorly or not work at all when powered by a non-pure sine wave inverter.

Increased electromagnetic interference (EMI). Non-pure sine wave inverters can produce more EMI than pure sine wave inverters, which can interfere with other electronic devices and communications equipment.

Reduced lifespan of electronic devices. Some electronic devices, such as some types of motors, may have a shorter lifespan when powered by a non-pure sine wave inverter.

It is important to note that these negative effects may vary depending on the specific device or equipment being powered by the non-pure sine wave inverter. It may be best to consult with the manufacturer or a qualified technician before using a non-pure sine wave inverter with certain devices or equipment.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
jonescosmos:

In simple terms, there are 3 types of Inverters.. . The cheap one used to simply be square-wave, that is ON + for half the cycle and - for the other half cycle. . . OK, for lights, and heating equipment, did work with computers and some other stuff, but probably not very good for them.. . Very high in 3rd harmonica and other odd harmonics as well. . . Then they improved these by having an OFF period between the + and - .. . These are “Modified Square-wave” but the naughty manufacturers call them “Modified sine-wave” which they certainly are not.

Then, in the old days, we used to have real TRUE Pure-Sinewave Inverters.. . These were proper sine-wave and very clean, even cleaner than the grid supply, free of any harmonics or any other products. . . . They worked very well, but they were inefficient at converting DC to AC, and so gave off a lot of heat.

The more recent, particularly larger modern Inverters use a form of Switch-mode, often referred to as PWM. .. They switch the DC feed to the output, often through a transformer, in very fast On/Off pulses. . . The On and Off period ratio, sort of matches a sinewave approximately. . . . So with efficient output Filtering, their output is fairly close to a sinewave. . These are the true Modified Sine-wave inverters. . . The filtering blocks most of the harmonics, particularly the higher frequencies, their outputs are good for anything that normally works from grid power. . . But they are NOT True sinewave as manufacturers call them, but they are very power efficient, typically up in the high 90’s %. . . Some claiming 98% efficient, whereas the actual True Sine-wave, as I mentioned before, from Linear Inverters, were perhaps only about 60% efficient.

The outputs of inverters that are power efficient have a lot of harmonics.
Back in Engineering 201 (I think it was the sophomore year) we learned about the Fourier transform and how any waveform can be created with a series of sine waves with different frequencies. frequencies.

The attached picture shows what happens as you add odd harmonics (3*F, 5*F, 7*F) to a sine wave. You can see the sine wave starts looking like a square wave.
A square wave, or any rectangular switching waveform, has a bunch of harmonics present that are often significant at more than ten times the square wave frequency.

For some equipment this is no problem. A lot of components today such as chargers and displays just rectify the AC input right away. Harmonics either don’t matter or they are mostly filtered out and don’t cause a problem.

Magnetic equipment, such as motors and transformers, are not so forgiving. The magnetic material in most line frequency magnetic components is a silicon steel alloy that is chosen because it works well at low frequency, 50 to 60 Hz. The losses of silicon steel increase rapidly with frequency. If there is significant energy at 500 to 600 Hz the loss of the magnetic material causes it to heat up.

Things like refrigerators, fan motors and old equipment with a line transformer can all be heated enough to cause failure.

In many pieces of old equipment the AC inputs are not as well filtered and the higher frequency harmonics can cause noise and interference.

An inverter that doesn't produce pure sine wave energy can have a number of negative effects, including:

Reduced efficiency and increased power consumption. A non-pure sine wave inverter typically has lower efficiency than a pure sine wave inverter, which means it requires more power to produce the same amount of energy.

Reduced performance of some electronic devices. Some electronic devices, such as some types of motors, are sensitive to the type of power they receive and may perform poorly or not work at all when powered by a non-pure sine wave inverter.

Increased electromagnetic interference (EMI). Non-pure sine wave inverters can produce more EMI than pure sine wave inverters, which can interfere with other electronic devices and communications equipment.

Reduced lifespan of electronic devices. Some electronic devices, such as some types of motors, may have a shorter lifespan when powered by a non-pure sine wave inverter.

It is important to note that these negative effects may vary depending on the specific device hor equipment being powered by the non-pure sine wave inverter. It may be best to consult with the manufacturer or a qualified technician before using a non-pure sine wave inverter with certain devices or equipment.
abeg na... this one u de introduce fourier series. E remain laplace transform for u to add.abeg allow us to manage our inverters in peace
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 10:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
Do any of our installers or distributors have original 400W Jinko panels? If yes, what's your price and contact info?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 2:21am On Sep 21, 2023
Uchman81:
It's a hybrid.
This one serious. It's not upto a month you mentioned buying this item and it's already giving issues.
The one I have does not fan continuously.
Check Utility charging current if it's set to Max. ( If yes, U can reduce to 60-70% if the fan still blows continuously).

Can you post the picture of yours here atleast people will be aware?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: toscotech(m), Abiono28, ksmart027(m), jonescosmos and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.