Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

You Can! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Can! (360 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can! by Thatlonevoice(m): 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
*HAVE YOU LOST IT*

There is no medicine like hope,no incentive so great and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something like better tomorrow.

Oh! God if I start crying I won't stop!!. No that's not meant for me, it's not possible. Damn! That guy is so lucky!!..... It's natural my dear. Feel it. It's part of success.

Lack of confidence is no the result of difficulty,the difficulty comes from lack of confidence. So was my story in the year 2015.Did I lose it?

Life in school could be described as a ghetto of survival. Either you beat them or join them. Being among the best five in my class. I had my say virtually in everything. As life continued, I continued to make waves in the field of academics. Striving for that gift, I struggled to be amongst the best three. I burnt midnight candles, forgo my recreations, spoke less and listened more. All to make sure that I grab that prize. Exams came and gone. The result kept me in suspense. On the day before the prize giving day, banners were mounted bearing the profile of the best three to take the prize. My profile wasn't there. I lost it!!!

I became discouraged, My brain ached all those moments I read yet I endured, now see. I began to see reasons that hard work doesn't pay. I cursed my self for those night I denied my self countless sleep just for this. I began to dwindle in the ocean of despair. My health began to fail me. What of the disgrace associated with such failure? I cried, I wept, I wailed. I have disappointed my parents, all those that wanted to see me smiling on that day to go and collect that prize and above all I have disappointed my self. That was the greatest agony for that year!

On the prize giving day. I thought I could endure the disgrace. But it's a lie. It was much that day. I couldn't celebrate with the trio. My heart was heavy. My eyes swollen with tears, my legs were wobbling, my voice choked up. I had to seek for assistance to go to a place I can sit and reflect on my life. I cried! I suffered... But here's what that made me to forge ahead ...

Every cloud has a silver lining. Failure is success if we learn from it. Big fishes are not caught in shallow waters but open seas. I couldn't look at that failure from a different perspective. Sometimes problem/failure arises if we don't sit back and look at that problem/failure from another dimension. When one door closes another one opens but we spend time starring at the closed door. You can do it!!! People did it, you can do it! Believe that the prize was meant for you,but in cases where the prize slipped of your hand. Crawl back into your shell,restructure,redetermine and read appear but this time more determined. In every failure find success, in every disappointment find a lesson. Do not be discouraged. Rome wasn't built in a day.

WHEN IT RAINS LOOK FOR RAINBOWS

WHEN IT'S DARK LOOK FOR STARS.
*Thatlonevoice*
(09031736184)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Konji Matter: Man Hypnotises, Has Sex With 7 Housewives / Network Providers Have Turn Us To Borrowers. / Popular Singer Reportedly Collapses, Dies On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.