Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Observations - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Observations (1148 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Observations by Ejiod(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2017
I discovered here that there are few or no C / C++ programmers.I really Dont know why.
Re: My Observations by Fulaman198(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ejiod:
I discovered here that there are few or no C / C++ programmers.I really Dont know why.

Not really, to be a programmer that writes firmware for drivers, or software for embedded systems, you need to know C/C++.

Most people that studied Ele. Engineering/Comp Engineering know C/C++ and some depending on the school they went to in Computer Science know C/C++ as well.
Re: My Observations by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Not really, to be a programmer that writes firmware for drivers, or software for embedded systems, you need to know C/C++.

Most people that studied Ele. Engineering/Comp Engineering know C/C++ and some depending on the school they went to in Computer Science know C/C++ as well.

i know python, c++, java.

i haven't used them to implement anything, just to write exam pass.

computer science in Nigeria sucks
Re: My Observations by Fulaman198(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

i know python, c++, java.

i haven't used them to implement anything, just to write exam pass.

computer science in Nigeria sucks

That may be true (about Computer Science in Nigeria sucking). But what stops you from doing your own side projects? There is a fellow from Sudan for instance that created his own debian-based Linux and conditions in Sudan are worse than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Observations by Ejiod(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

To be frank this applies to foreign computer engineers not Nigeria.We virtually know that its less 10% of computer graduates that writes codes.Nigeria settings conditions student to read,cram and pass.
Re: My Observations by Fulaman198(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ejiod:

To be frank this applies to foreign computer engineers not Nigeria.We virtually know that its less 10% of computer graduates that writes codes.Nigeria settings conditions student to read,cram and pass.

That's true
Re: My Observations by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
Fulaman198:

That may be true (about Computer Science in Nigeria sucking). But what stops you from doing your own side projects? There is a fellow from Sudan for instance that created his own debian-based Linux and conditions in Sudan are worse than Nigeria.

yeah, i am learning a new programming language on my own, which i will fully use and implement
Re: My Observations by Fulaman198(m): 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

yeah, i am learning a new programming language on my own, which i will fully use and implement

Very good, keep up the good work.
Re: My Observations by WhiZTiM(m): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ejiod:
I discovered here that there are few or no C / C++ programmers.I really Don't know why.
There are actually quite a few (I can mention 3) reasonably good C++ folks here. Mind you, there's no such language as "C/C++"...

C++ used to strive for philosophical compatibility with C, but that ceased to be true long time ago. Recent C++ standards reflects that: C++11, C++14 and soon to be published C++17
Re: My Observations by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2017
WhiZTiM:

There are actually quite a few (I can mention 3) reasonably good C++ folks here. Mind you, there's no such language as "C/C++"...

C++ used to strive for philosophical compatibility with C, but that ceased to be true long time ago. Recent C++ standards reflects that: C++11, C++14 and soon to be published C++17

I find myself constantly learning it and forgetting it, because am not engaged on a C++ project had the intention of using it for one lib Cocos2dx but laziness and work got in the way. Still sha it's what I use to practise all my DSA
Re: My Observations by Fulaman198(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2017
WhiZTiM:

People often categorise C and C++ together despite them being quite different languages (C++ is object oriented whereas C isn't).

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Mobile App / Java/Kotlin/Groovy/Scala/Clojure - What's Your Favourite JVM Language? / C++ Coding: Manipulating The Good Ole Rule Of Three.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.