Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,677 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Who Is On The Lord’s Side? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is On The Lord’s Side? (1099 Views)

Sola Scriptura: Does Following The Bible Equal Following The Lord? / Message From The Lord Jesus To Christians & Pastors - A Must Read! / Awesome Message From The Lord For Pastors & Bishops - Pls Read It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is On The Lord’s Side? by PastorAde: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2010
[center]Who is on the Lord’s Side?[/center]

Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord’s side? Let him come to me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together to him (Exodus 32: 26, emphasis added).

Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with Him (Jesus) to be executed. When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified Him, along with the criminals – one on His right, the other on His left. One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at Him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, I tell you the truth, today you will be with Me in paradise.”(Luke 23: 32-33; 39-43, emphasis added)

In the above Scriptures from the book of Exodus and Luke, two different events and episodes took place. In first event in Exodus, Moses had gone to the mountain to receive the Ten Commandments from God. While he delayed in coming, the Israelites gathered themselves together to Aaron, Moses’ brother, and told him to make them gods that will go before them. Aaron compromised God’s standard and made them a molten calf fashioned out of golden earrings. This the children of Israel worshipped, thus breaking the second commandment. Not only this, the people began to indulge in sensuous dancing and sexual immorality, something strictly forbidden in God’s law. When Moses came down and saw what the Israelites were doing, he asked the question: “Who is on the Lord’s side?” Then the sons of Levi, one tribe out of twelve, gathered themselves to Moses. God used the sons of Levi to execute judgment upon the erring Israelites that day. Now it is significant for us to understand the meaning of the name Levi. Levi means “joined”. So on that day, the sons of Levi joined Moses to be on the Lord’s side. They separated themselves from those who had sinned and joined the Moses to be on the Lord’s side.

In the second event from the book of Luke, two thieves were about to be crucified with Jesus, one on His right and the other on His left. This event was prophesied thousands of years earlier by Prophet Isaiah when he said: “He was numbered with transgressors; and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.” (Isaiah 53:12b) The one on His left showed no remorse, but rather insulted Jesus. But the one on His right showed remorse for his sin and spoke right about Jesus. He then made the most important request of his life in his dying minutes when he prayed: “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. This thief in essence said “Lord, have mercy on me; I want to be on your side!” Jesus immediately answered:”I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.” That day, in his dying minutes, the thief on the right made the right switch from the kingdom of darkness, yes, from hell, into the kingdom of God. But the thief on the left went to hell because he was unrepentant. He remained in his sin and on the side of satan and went to hell eternally. The question is once again asked: Who is on the Lord’s side? Are you already on the Lord’s side? If not, are you ready to make the switch like the thief on the right? No matter the sins you have committed, if you will repent and call upon the name of Jesus who died for the whole world, today, your name will be registered in the book of life in heaven. If you are ready to be on the Lord’s side pray this all important prayer: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. Write my name in the book of life in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For enquires and counseling, write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No. 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako, P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: Who Is On The Lord’s Side? by jagunlabi(m): 10:12am On Feb 13, 2010
There are no sides to choose from for there is only one side for all mankind and we are already in that one side.The illusion of multiple sides to choose from is just that, an illusion.Your messages are vile and evil in nature, trying to split mankind and pit it against itself.It will never work.We will grow above this evil scheme and unite as one.You will fail in your quest,sir.
Re: Who Is On The Lord’s Side? by Raylight2(m): 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2010
A day is coming when the eyes of men shall be opened to see all the evil they've ever done in life by the grace of God I got born again on the 2nd of February 2010 at a Night of Power Crusade  held at Auchi by Pastor W.F.Kumuyi in collaboration with The Christian Association of Nigeria and my life has never remained the same it can also happen to you too no matter what you've done just as the Pastor has said Jesus is ready to save you. He died on the cross and paid the price of redemption for mankind and gave us as a prize. No amount of money would have been able to purchase salvation so Jesus had to pay it all for me and you that why he said He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance and he also said He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness the only way to escape the judgment coming upon the earth is by repentance. Jesus loves you. One prayer I always pray is 'Lord don't let me go to hell' just imagine how its going to be that after suffering here on earth you eventually die and still go to hell. I've decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, the world behind me, the cross before me, though friend forsake me; no turning back; no turning back.

Jesus is coming soon

Carry on Pastor, your words will change lives though you may not get a response from them but it is recorded in heaven already.

(1) (Reply)

“i Am Coming!” Part Xxi (susan & Sabrina; Nov 30 - Dec 1 2010). / Hey Everyone,any Occultist In The House? / Message Delivered By The Lord Jesus To Susan & Sabrina (may 23, 2011)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.