Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Ideas - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ideas (1060 Views)

26 Room Student Hostel In FUTO ( Ihiagwa) distress sale. N26m. Negotiable. / ''BUILD Student hostel With N30millions & MAKE N9millions Every Year For 25years / Fenced plot suitable for student hostel By FUNAAB Main Gate @2.4m net (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas by Sarang(f): 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
Deleted

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ideas by MyNewJackeT: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2017
Best idea do it in IMO,

1 Like

Re: Ideas by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
Buy land at igbariam campus

1 Like

Re: Ideas by Sarang(f): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
AgricSalt:
Buy land at igbariam campus

Do you have a link? AgricSalt do you wanna talk after meeting on Sunday?

Btw I have added Imo.

Igbariam is Anambra right?
Re: Ideas by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
Sarang:

Do you have a link? AgricSalt do you wanna talk after meeting on Sunday?

Btw I have added Imo.

Igbariam is Anambra right?

Right. I have passed there severally, and can see that most investment there is hostel buildings.

I saw some undeveloped lands that may be up for the takes. So if you want further insights, the inquiry will surely require some legwork

1 Like

Re: Ideas by Sarang(f): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
AgricSalt:

Right

Okay. I messaged you on whatsapp.

More ideas are welcome
Re: Ideas by MrMcJay(m): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
OP, location is very important in the real estate sector. In my opinion, due to the high number of tertiary institutions in university areas, students hostels would be a profitable venture.

Students of Government-owned higher-institutions constantly suffer shortage of campus hostels. Hence, investors and private individuals build student hostels and let them to the students.

For those in a place like Lagos, considering the fact that Lagos is a cosmopolitan city, land may be quite on the high side to embark on a project like this. However, if you look at somewhere like Ogun State, it has lots higher institutions and relative lower cost of land compared to Lagos. This makes it more viable.

For example, in Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB), you can easily get plots of land for around 2M and build hostels on them. (I'm using FUNAAB cos I have advised various clients who invested in this area).

Very good Hostels in FUNAAB cost above 150k per annum depending on aesthetic beauty and facilities.

If you build a 30-room hostel of self-contained rooms, and you charge 150k per room, you are guaranteed about 4.5M per year. More rooms can be built depending on the investor. You can bill per session or per year, it depends in the owner of the property.

I have several Nairalanders with similar investments like this in FUNAAB and they're getting steady returns.

You should however screen the type of students you intend to grant accommodation as it could cause you headaches later.

Also, should put a benchmark on the number of students that can squat with each student in a room. Else, your hostel would turn into a civilian barrack.

It's very important to ensure the hostel is comfortable and painted in very attractive colors. This attracts the higher paying students who should be your target.

Further questions can be asked herr) on this thread or I can be reached via Watsapp on O8O6379O773.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Ideas by princejones(m): 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
I concur with the funnab hostel idea as the place is still green and need more hostel blocks as many students are still living far from Campos in places like camp, l've been privellege to handle one of a narialander hostel roofing project they
Re: Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:04am On Aug 11, 2017
Thanks guys but I am specially interested in South East universities. I appreciate your responses but I wanna hear more opinion from people in the East or university students in South East.
Re: Ideas by MrMcJay(m): 11:53am On Aug 11, 2017
Sarang:
Thanks guys but I am specially interested in South East universities. I appreciate your responses but I wanna hear more opinion from people in the East or university students in South East.

Hmmm... You can try something.

Go to the Education board on Nairaland, check threads for various schools in the South East that fit your requirements and try to initiate conversations with posters who are students of such schools.

That way, you'll get feedback from those presently consuming the services you intend providing.

1 Like

Re: Ideas by Sarang(f): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
MrMcJay:

Hmmm... You can try something.

Go to the Education board on Nairaland, check threads for various schools in the South East that fit your requirements and try to initiate conversations with posters who are students of such schools.

That way, you'll get feedback from those presently consuming the services you intend providing.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Ideas by bowlsknight: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2017
We will not do the mistake our parents did, by investing all over the country and neglecting our homeland South East. HalleluYAH for the awakening.
Sarang:
Re: Ideas by Sarang(f): 1:31am On May 15, 2018
adedayo1951:
Can youmNFsupplykmmthis: Congratulations To People That Need Inverter But No Money
SZPlease seeJCthe linkR2below.
AyUPhZ talk2archy ZOwUiy sarang GfN2PQ tripplekay EbMMcq slawomir RHYPFl primadonnao

sorry but what was that? I didn't understand
Re: Ideas by Rubbiish(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2018
Sarang:

sorry but what was that? I didn't understand
Lol

1 Like

Re: Ideas by Innov8ve1: 1:19pm On May 16, 2018
01emek:
Can youuNGsupplytOEthis: New Bakery Partners Needed
bcPlease see0Qthe link1Zbelow.
4ANxAs sarang 4SGvtY fitinwell LcI8vs innov8ve1 u58UTe hoodmenconcept JNd9jJ siga
are you okay atall? do i know you from anywhere? why do you keep mentioning me on something that has nothing to do with me? you need to get your shiit together
Re: Ideas by dandy2222: 2:15pm On May 16, 2018
U can actually get plots of land in Nsukka targeted @University of Nigeria NSK. Rent is up to 150k here Or Agbani targeted @Esuth. I can always guide u. Reach me on 07056066885
Re: Ideas by Sarang(f): 6:31am On May 18, 2018
dandy2222:
U can actually get plots of land in Nsukka targeted @University of Nigeria NSK. Rent is up to 150k here Or Agbani targeted @Esuth. I can always guide u. Reach me on 07056066885

What is rent?

(1) (Reply)

2 good plots Near New Govt House Site, Umuahia; for sale. / Office Space To Let In Lekki / Wealthland Green Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.