Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Need Help From Auto Professionals - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Help From Auto Professionals (963 Views)

Converted My Peugeot 407 Coupé V6 From Auto To Stick-shift / Auto Guru, Please Help. / Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help From Auto Professionals by ShySteady(m): 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello Autolanders,
I have been driving this Honda Accord (2002 Model) popularly called Honda Henessy for about two years now. A few weeks ago, the car just went off in motion. Initially, I tried to kick thinking it was due to fuel shortage, but realised noticed that the sound was different. I had to contact a mechanic who confirmed that the timing belt had cut and I fixed it immediately.
Now the problem is that after it was fixed, the car started stopping abruptly on its own once I step on the brakes. I have to wait a few seconds to turn it on again. I contacted my electrician who suspected accumulation of dirts in the fuel pump and he serviced it thoroughly. The problem ceased for a while but recently re-occurred. Mind you, the fuel pump has been confirmed to be in perfect shape.
Does anyone have an idea of what the problem may be and help me with solution(s)?
Re: Need Help From Auto Professionals by mayor2013: 10:03am On Sep 01, 2017
ShySteady:
Hello Autolanders,
I have been driving this Honda Accord (2002 Model) popularly called Honda Henessy for about two years now. A few weeks ago, the car just went off in motion. Initially, I tried to kick thinking it was due to fuel shortage, but realised noticed that the sound was different. I had to contact a mechanic who confirmed that the timing belt had cut and I fixed it immediately.
Now the problem is that after it was fixed, the car started stopping abruptly on its own once I step on the brakes. I have to wait a few seconds to turn it on again. I contacted my electrician who suspected accumulation of dirts in the fuel pump and he serviced it thoroughly. The problem ceased for a while but recently re-occurred. Mind you, the fuel pump has been confirmed to be in perfect shape.
Does anyone have an idea of what the problem may be and help me with solution(s)?

Run a scan on your ride. Yours is obd2 compliant. Fixing cars these days have gone beyond the scope of performing magic/ or guessing

2 Likes

Re: Need Help From Auto Professionals by cyborg123(m): 10:10am On Sep 01, 2017
Timing is likely off. Just one teeth off from normal point can cause a lot of problems. Get a competent mechanic to check and reset the timing.
Re: Need Help From Auto Professionals by ShySteady(m): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
mayor2013:

Run a scan on your ride. Yours is obd2 compliant. Fixing cars these days have gone beyond the scope of performing magic/ or guessing

Thanks a lot.
Re: Need Help From Auto Professionals by mikeconfidence(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2017
you def have to take your car for diagnosis. the obd2 scanner will tell what the matters are, your camshaft sensor,crankshaft sensor and over retarded timing related issues might pop up!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BMW Releases The New X7 iPerformance Concept / You Can Now Buy Insurance And Renew Vehicle Documents Via Whatsapp! / Neatly Mack Heavy Truck For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.