Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ (4116 Views)

All You Need To Know About @clubnirvananft And Why You Shouldnt Miss Out On This / Nft Upcoming Project You Shouldnt Sleep On / October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by sunky97: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2017
“You are what you eat” is an adage known to everyone. But what we do before a meal also has a great impact on our health.
Give yourself a few extra minutes in the morning to eat breakfast before leaving the house, or pack a few snacks in your bag to ensure that you have energy for the morning as you go out the door. Here’s a simple list to help remind you how important it is to fuel your body, especially before engaging in any of these common daily tasks:

1. Take anti-inflammatories

Aspirin, paracetamol, and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can’t be taken on an empty stomach. Not only does it reduce their effectiveness but it causes serious health problems (such as gastric bleeding) as well. Read here about other medicines not to be taken on an empty stomach.
Advice: Milk lowers the negative effects of NSAIDs. If it’s not available, you can wash the drug down with plenty of water.

2. Drink coffee

Even decaffeinated coffee stimulates the production of acid that might cause heartburn and other digestive tract issues if drunk on an empty stomach. Skipping breakfast even after coffee may lead to a serotonin deficiency and a gloomy mood for the rest of the day.
Advice: If you’re unable to give up the habit of drinking coffee first thing in the morning, consume it with milk or cream: milk fat will reduce the negative effects. Choose natural coffee over freeze-dried.
3. Drink alcohol

Without eating, the alcohol absorption rate increases by a factor of 2 and is the same as during its intravenous injection. In contrast, the removal of alcohol breakdown products slows down, which provokes a severe hangover. The rapid effect of alcohol on the body doesn’t go without negative consequences for your liver, heart, and kidneys.
Advice: If the situation doesn’t allow you to refuse a drink, give preference to cooled noncarbonated drinks as they are absorbed more slowly. Better yet, eat at least a small sandwich, ideally one that contains butter.
Read more: uche-pedro-and-mark-angel-listed-among-most-influential-young-africans-2017

4. Chew gum

The digestive acid produced while you’re chewing gum destroys the lining of an empty stomach; overindulgence with gum may lead to gastritis. It is also scientifically proven that people who chew gum prefer junk food (French fries, candy) rather than fruit and vegetables.
Advice: Chewing gums containing natural sweeteners (xylitol, sorbitol) are less harmful than those with sugar, cyclamate, or aspartame. Avoid chewing gum for more than 10 minutes, even on a full stomach.

5. Go to bed
Hunger and low glucose levels prevent us from falling asleep and cause superficial sleep and early awakening. Interestingly, a lack of sleep increases the level of hunger hormones. This is the reason why we eat more on the following day after skipping dinner.
Advice: Gorging yourself before sleep is also a bad idea. The best solution is dairy products because they contain magnesium and calcium. These elements will ensure a sound sleep.

6. Intense training

There is an opinion that exercising on an empty stomach burns more calories. In truth, that doesn’t influence fat loss. Muscle loss, on the other hand, is real. The exercise intensity is also reduced since the body lacks energy.
Advice: Replace intense training with aerobic exercise. If you have digestive issues, you’d better have a snack before any type of exercise because physical activity induces production of gastric juice, which is harmful to an empty stomach.

7. Shop

We all know that hunger makes us buy more food than we actually need. In fact, an empty stomach makes us more acquisitive even in non-food stores. According to research, the internal message of “I want food“ gets pared down to simply ”I want,” and the famished person obeys that message by buying things.
Advice: Besides a shopping list made in advance, paying with cash can also help you save money. Further research shows that people tend to spend less when they pay with cash instead of a credit card.

8. Drink citrus juice

The acid and tough fibers contained in citrus fruits irritate your empty stomach, which is especially dangerous for those who have gastritis or are at risk of developing it.
Advice: Freshly squeezed citrus juice will bring nothing but benefits if you dilute it with water in a 1:1 ratio (for those with hyperacidity) or 2:1 (for all others). By the way, there are other foods besides citruses that shouldn’t be eaten on an empty stomach.

...http://tellmystory.com.ng/8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Johnolis(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2017
embarassed
embarassed Going to School/Interviews/Church with an empty stomach.
embarassed
Am speaking from experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by muller101(m): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2017
grin don't visit ur neighbor on an empty stomach.

2 Likes

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by leonard002(m): 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
Or engage in an argument

2 Likes

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by mejai(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
or fight with an empty stomach.... a hungry man na angry man o
Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by geez18(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
neither should one take an exam on an empty stomach. the result will most likely be unfavorable.

1 Like

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by lilmaydee(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
Don't bang on empty stomach

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
Don't fúck on an empty stomach.

1 Like

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by oluwashedy: 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
Don't read. It makes comprehension difficult

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Alexgeneration(m): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
Don't even fight on an empty stomach. You might not live to tell the story.

1 Like

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by jericco1(m): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
Informative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by modaink333: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
Abeg what do you call bootyy in your language?
Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Immatex(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2017
Educative and enlightening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by oyekanwahab(m): 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
i don't know if it is only me that experience this, if i do not eat within 10 to 15min after brushing my teeth in the morning my stomach would me like mad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by cuedish: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
modaink333:
Abeg what do you call bootyy in your language?

Ukwu.

1 Like

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
oluwashedy:
Don't read. It makes comprehension difficult

uhm! when i'm hungry and read, i get to fathom better and more easier but not all time.
we are different.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by mayorchelsea(m): 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
Don't go to any party/social event on an empty stomach.They might not serve food early.

2 Likes

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by mdokaba1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2017
oyekanwahab:
i don't know if it is only me that experience this, if i do not eat within 10 to 15min after brushing my teeth in the morning my stomach would me like mad

Same with me, and as a matter of fact, any time I want to brush i must ensure I have anything chewable around, if not na die be that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Juniorbuba(m): 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
Don't go to bae's house on an empty stomach
Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by USUKUMA(m): 1:11am On Sep 02, 2017
the exercise part, is it advisable to, say, drink milk or take light snacks before engaging yourself. especially during early morning runs
Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Yemike(m): 1:53am On Sep 02, 2017
Travelling on empty stomach.......The thing don do me strong thing before grin I vomited thrice before reaching the destination.

Brushing on empty stomach this one worst die, I no fit last 7 minutes after brushing without eating snacks or anything.

1 Like

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by dgitrader(m): 3:11am On Sep 02, 2017
don't ever eat lots of fresh tomatoes on an empty stomach, it will land u in a clinic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Daniealah(m): 5:18am On Sep 02, 2017
Lol 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by AnkaraStyles(f): 6:01am On Sep 02, 2017
Lots of people do no.3 and no.5 a lot.

Some even take alcohol as food.. undecided

My Signature
Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by WinkWrld: 6:49am On Sep 02, 2017
Dont look in ur landlord face if he is hungry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by Erums(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2017
I wish i kne this before hand... Now im having gatric juice factory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-things-you-shouldnt-do-on-an-empty-stomach/ by oluwashedy: 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
I like the fact that you said we're different..... For me, I'll keep flipping back to the pages I've read already or worst still experience headache
macduffrx:

uhm! when i'm hungry and read, i get to fathom better and more easier but not all time.
we are different.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

40 Australian Creatures You Never Thought To Be Afraid Of / 2021/2022 SS2 Mock/promotion Exam Questions And Answers For All Subjects Availab / Photos: See What They Did To A Student After He Graduated From Kogi State Uni.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.