Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

*737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians (1543 Views)

Xpressverify Has Access To Nigerians’ NIN, Data & Is Making Money From It / How Scammers Use 737 To Defraud People / Ussd Code To Stop Auto Renewal Of Airtel Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by odutolasodiq(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
The advertisement has been running on ONTV for weeks now. Can someone help explain the information the advert is trying to pass.
Re: *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by encryptjay(m): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
*737# is GTB's Mobile banking code, at least that's what I use it for.
Type it in Google search box and you'll see the same thing.

1 Like

Re: *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by Acidosis(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
Beyond being a mobile banking code, GTB uses that number as a marketing strategy.

The idea is to make you and other Nigerians (non-GTB customers especially) dial the number on their mobile phones to see the actual purpose when in the real sense, the code is of no value to non- customers. So in a nutshell, GTB wants you and other non-GTB customers to see what they're missing.

You'd notice that throughout the ad (video) play time, the name "GTB" was never mentioned. They kept making reference to *737# and "Nigerians". If they had mentioned *737# and "GTB Customers", you'd not have created this thread.

That's the power of advertising bruv; the purpose is to first create awareness, get you thirsty for more knowledge/interest which you have just displayed by creating a thread. I bet, you would end up being a GTBank customer..

Advertising is powerful, especially when done rightly cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by odutolasodiq(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
Acidosis:
Beyond being a mobile banking code, GTB uses that number as a marketing strategy.

The idea is to make you and other Nigerians (non-GTB customers especially) dial the number on their mobile phones to see the actual purpose when in the real sense, the code is of no value to non- customers. So in a nutshell, GTB wants you and other non-GTB customers to see what they're missing.

You'd notice that throughout the ad (video) play time, the name "GTB" was never mentioned. They kept making reference to *737# and "Nigerians". If they had mentioned *737# and "GTB Customers", you'd not have created this thread.

That's the power of advertising bruv; the purpose is to first create awareness, get you thirsty for more knowledge/interest which you have just displayed by creating a thread. I bet, you would end up being a GTBank customer..

this really got me! grin

1 Like

Re: *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by rman: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
Acidosis:

Perfect!

1,000,000 Likes

4 Likes

Re: *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by Libo45: 5:26am On Sep 12, 2017
The advert is a waste of time abeg. Many ppl just listen to the song without getting the message. Duration of advert is too long. Too much focus on music than message. Effective adverts appeal to the customer's emotions not just entertain. I miss that old 'baba blue' advert. Gtb should try short, concise, practical adverts on how using 737 helped someone make payments in an everyday market, helped someone stranded pay a mechanic on the highway. Someone in d village without a browsing phone transferred money without coming to use a bank in the city. An old man using his phone to send credit to his old wife...etc. Not until Nigerians see the practical benefits, this 737 advert will just be a song
Re: *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by Ay0delle: 6:10am On Sep 12, 2017
They just manipulated you to doing the advert for them unknowingly. Wow!
Re: *737#: What Is The Real Function Of The Code To Nigerians by ollyruffy: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
This 737 system does not have security. It exposes our money fraudsters if you bank with GTB.

If you have money in GTBank. Please take this warning. I never believed it until it happened to me today. GTB 737 service is very porous. 

You don't have to subscribe to be defrauded on this service. The thief just need your phone number registered with GTBank and last 4 digits of your ATM card. Now this two information are available to GTBank staff. All the staff need is to have a contact in the telecom operator of your line. His contact in the telecom operator can dial the 747 on your line as if the code is dialed from your phone. Then the transaction is completed.

This is what I think happened in my case as my phone was even switch off when it happened.

The blame goes to GTB for only having only such porous and 1 level security on this service. In fact , there is no security because the last four digital of your ATM card will always show on the POS or ATM receipt. Using that as a security is unthinkable. 

What happened to pin set by the account owner, passwords, security questions, token, TOP as it is done for GTB online banking. Whu cant GTB put all these security on this service. Why leave this 737 with no security.

(1) (Reply)

TSTV: Full List Of Dealers Outlet In Lagos. / How To Delete Sent Messages On Whatsapp / Upcoming Blackberry Smartphones In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.