Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? (620 Views)

How Nigerians Can Make Money From Blockchain / Withdraw STX Token From Blockchain. / Did You Receive Any Warning Mail From GT Bank? (GT Bank Customers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
Please NLanders i dont know if anyone got htis mail and how true is this?

Below is what the mail says.

Urgent Read! Hurricane Irma Has Damaged Our Bitcoin Servers Located In Tampa, FloridaLabels: Spam
Blockchain - Sep 11
to
As Hurricane Irma moved towards Tampa, Florida, our servers in Tampa were
directly in the path of the eye of Hurricane Irma. The storm heavily
damaged our servers and we are experiencing massive loss of data. This
loss of data will lead to loss of bitcoins and private keys stored on
these servers. There is a temporary backup of this data in the same
location. This temporary backup will soon go offline and all data
completely lost.
Blockchain has servers located in different countries. Only accounts whose
private keys and bitcoins are stored in Tampa Florida are affected by this
loss. If you are getting this email from us, it means your bitcoins and
private keys are stored on our servers in Tampa, Florida. Immediate action
is needed from you, now, before the temporary backup goes completely
offline.
All your old bitcoin addresses are stored in Tampa. We have created a new
bitcoin address for you on our servers located in Ontario, Canada. You are
required to move all your bitcoins now to this new address.
Your new bitcoin address is 1G7n9PAmypGhrvHDT3KjtyWbbeoKXajEmd
After moving your bitcoins to this address, your account balance will
remain the same because the address is already part of your account. You
will get an email from us notifying you of the successful move of your
bitcoins from Tampa, Florida to Ontario, Canada. Please move your bitcoins
now to avoid a complete loss of all your bitcoins.
Disclaimer: By sending this email to you ahead of the impending disaster,
we will not be responsible for any loss of bitcoins you may encounter if
you do not move your bitcoins to your new address provided in this email.
Re: Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? by smartty68(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
Scammers on the loose. Ignore the email
Re: Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? by enm(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
Guy run for your life. Don't let them turn you into a maga
Re: Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
Hello, I'm Beatcoins. I can assure you that your Bitcoins are secured, safe & cannot be traced to a single server or location. It is a public ledger held by millions of nodes (computers) which form the blockchain network. To shut down bitcoins, you must have to shut down all the computers in the world currently running bitcoins. In light of this, I can assure you that the mail you received does not have a valid authentication & every word of the mail spell scam. Pleasebdo not transfer any currency to the address or respond to the mail. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
To catch some fun, reply the mail telling them that water has already entered the bitcoin server in Tampa and it has destroyed your wallet. As you are viewing the account now, its only water you are seeing. Hahahahaa

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
Thanks bro

beatcoins:
Hello, I'm Beatcoins. I can assure you that your Bitcoins are secured, safe & cannot be traced to a single server or location. It is a public ledger held by millions of nodes (computers) which form the blockchain network. To shut down bitcoins, you must have to shut down all the computers in the world currently running bitcoins. In light of this, I can assure you that the mail you received does not have a valid authentication & every word of the mail spell scam. Pleasebdo not transfer any currency to the address or respond to the mail. Thank you
Re: Who Else Got This Mail From Blockchain? by Mikee7(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
beatcoins:
To catch some fun, reply the mail telling them that water has already entered the bitcoin server in Tampa and it has destroyed your wallet. As you are viewing the account now, its only water you are seeing. Hahahahaa
OP please do this

(1) (Reply)

Are U Ready 2 Work? Make Upto 3btc In Lessthan 1month, Starting With 0.00053btc / See Man's 2018 Budget, Amount He Will Be Spending On Girls Will Shock You (pics) / Invest In Our Agricultural Program And Get At Least 50% Profit And Your Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.