Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? (1266 Views)

Full Text Of The Aburi Accord / Agbakoba To Buhari: Apply Ojukwu Aburi Accord & Divide Nigeria Now / An Old Article By Femi Adeshina On The Aburi Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Crystolexy: 4:51am On Sep 19, 2017
IS there a clear difference between Aburi Accord and restructuring? If many people are now accepting the restructuring as the solution to Nigeria problem why was Aburi Accord not accepted?

Lets discuss this!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by sarrki(m): 4:53am On Sep 19, 2017
This time around there won't be war
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Crystolexy: 4:55am On Sep 19, 2017
sarrki:

What is the difference between Aburi Accord and Restructuring? that is the question!

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 19, 2017
Crystolexy:
IS there a clear difference between Aburi Accord and restructuring? If many people are now accepting the restructuring as the solution to Nigeria problem why was Aburi Accord not accepted?

Lets discuss this!
The Plateau dullard was in charge
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by KardinalZik(m): 6:13am On Sep 19, 2017
giftq:
The Plateau dullard was in charge
And now...it is a different dullard in charge?!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by attackgat: 6:23am On Sep 19, 2017
Crystolexy:

Lets discuss this!

The Aburi accord and restructuring are the same thing. The only difference is that the Aburi accord was of a military era.

However, just like Aburi, the North will never allow that Nigeria be restructured

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2017
KardinalZik:

And now...it is a different dullard in charge?!
Oh yes
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by obyrich(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2017
attackgat:

The Aburi accord and restructuring are the same thing. The only difference is that the Aburi accord was of a military era.

However, just like Aburi, the North will never allow that Nigeria be restructured
This is why I expect the South to unite. The North Central can be convinced to back restructuring leaving out the other two Northern regions against the rest of Nigeria. A divided South, not the North, is our problem.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by anungangampu: 6:41am On Sep 19, 2017
The difference was that both are the same but the coward tribe that was the third party refuse to own up to the agreement and after 50yrs they believe it will work.
That's exactly the problem with Nigeria.... When I suggest what is good just because am the one that suggested it... You will reject it and later try a way to introduce same thing yourself..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by hucienda: 6:43am On Sep 19, 2017
OP, to answer your question without need for unnessesary grammar:

No difference.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by reality1010: 6:54am On Sep 19, 2017
sarrki:
State the difference,no one is asking u of war. U seem to lack democratic up bringing.Try to click into civilized manner of democracy and not violence.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by attackgat: 6:57am On Sep 19, 2017
obyrich:
This is why I expect the South to unite. The North Central can be convinced to back restructuring leaving out the other two Northern regions against the rest of Nigeria. A divided South, not the North, is our problem.

Even if the entire South and North central unites and demands for restructuring, it still will not be possible because the core North or the NW+NE have more than enough votes to make sure it is never passed into law
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Nightwolf1: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2017
sarrki:

What an illiterate on the loose grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by ettybaba(m): 7:07am On Sep 19, 2017
anungangampu:
The difference was that both are the same but the coward tribe that was the third party refuse to own up to the agreement and after 50yrs they believe it will work.
That's exactly the problem with Nigeria.... When I suggest what is good just because am the one that suggested it... You will reject it and later try a way to introduce same thing yourself..
Potopoto warrior.
Keep blaming others for your problems.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by conyema12(m): 7:25am On Sep 19, 2017
No difference.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Crystolexy: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2017
conyema12:
No difference.

Good
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by obyrich(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
attackgat:

Even if the entire South and North central unites and demands for restructuring, it still will not be possible because the core North or the NW+NE have more than enough votes to make sure it is never passed into law
I do not think so.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by attackgat: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
obyrich:
I do not think so.

Well you better check how many legislators the NE and NW have in total. They have enough to stop any restructuring from happening
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by wasiudvd(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
anungangampu:

Which tribe is the coward tribe that you are referring to? What's the agreement the tribe refuse to own up?
An Igbo man (Zik) kicked out secession clause championed by the southwest then, so how come you people now think you can secede from Nigeria without war? And when you are about to go to the senseless and unplanned war, did the SW have any agreement to partake in it?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by baralatie(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
Aburi Accord is an illegal document alleged to have been signed or entered into by officers of the Nigerian Army who swore to defend to the integrity of the Fg of Nigeria and are under oath to eliminate persons,organisation who decided to change the constitution.

The call for restructure is an illegal call by some people with no provision in this present constitution and the concept of restructuring carries a bogus meaning!

so aburi and restructuring are the same illegality as far as Nigeria is concerned
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Mujtahida: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
See almost every one saying no difference when I can bet that not one among the posters here have read the Aburi Accord and not many can fully articulate what restructuring is.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Crystolexy: 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
baralatie:
Aburi Accord is an illegal document alleged to have been signed or entered into by officers of the Nigerian Army who swore to defend to the integrity of the Fg of Nigeria and are under oath to eliminate persons,organisation who decided to change the constitution.

The call for restructure is an illegal call by some people with no provision in this present constitution and the concept of restructuring carries a bogus meaning!

so aburi and restructuring are the same illegality as far as Nigeria is concerned

Tell me, what geopolitical zone are you from and I'll understand better what you're trying to defend, I dare you to be frank, tell me are you from the North?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by baralatie(m): 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
Crystolexy:

Tell me, what geopolitical zone are you from and I'll understand better what you're trying to defend, I dare you to be frank, tell me are you from the North?
the question has nothing to do with whether I am from the north,south west,south east,south south etc
the question is can you correct a country constitution by proposing illegality and comparing illegality with another illegality!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Jlow2: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
reality1010:

State the difference,no one is asking u of war. U seem to lack democratic up bringing.Try to click into civilized manner of democracy and not violence.
see finishing
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by alanka(f): 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
Crystolexy:

Lets discuss this!
It is quite sometime I came here last that is what poverty can do.

On 30 of september 2017, it would be three months that I became homeless, it was a bad experince and it was nice one that nobody will ever volonteer to go through.
It was even better then that I had small job that I was managing, at least if you can not afford to pay a rent you should able to put your hand in your mouth no matter how small.
My decision to be homeless stands on the fact that living in friends’ homes, family... comes with challenge that is almost the same as homelessness. More so, I thought Iat my age, if I can not afford to pay for a rent, I do not deserve to share with those who can.
Now, since some weeks I had been without job, I have finished every kobo I saved what else at this level? All efforts to get another job proved abortive and if I can not afford to feed myself, just myself, I don not deserve to it.
WHO CAN NOT AFFORD TO BUY FOOD DOES NOT DESERVE FOOD
I do not deserve food, If I can not get a job, if I am not employable I don’t not deserve to share with those who are…who does not work .
I have therefore resolved also again NOT TO EVER EAT AGAIN. Food if for underaged and adults that can afford it.
How does it feel to be hunger to death? Does anyone outthere ever experinced to death hunger? Can you share your experince with me?
The first time I had such experince was when I was 9 years old, I did not eat for 7 days but I am here today. The second one was the time that I was imprisoned in Ilorin for seven days I spend there, I did not eat but I was stronger and heathy only my phisical look was teroriated. It means it is not a seven days job to experince death by hunger, it can go as much as a months or more.
The experince would be very hard I know but I have resolved 31 September would be the last day I ever colleect gift of any kind from anyone.
When I first got to the street as homeless it was hard but today here I am still there. I was beaten by some touts several times, my cloths,bag, shoes were stolen and was send away from different places yet today my decision stands. Likewise in this case my decision stands I DON’T JUST WANT TO GET WHAT I DO NOT DESRVE. NO WORK NO FOOD

This is the last page of this book. Keep it well until when we shall see again at the other side
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2018
What's ur number, I'll buy your card
Re: What Is The Difference Between Aburi Accord And Restructuring? by kingzizzy: 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
Crystolexy:

Lets discuss this!

The difference was that Aburi was during military rule while the current call for restructuring is in civilian rule.

However, nothing has changed since Aburi to now. The same core North that was against the restructuring during Aburi are still against restructuring to this day.

Which is why Nigeria can never be restructured.

(1) (Reply)

This Is The "Change" That APC Brought To Nigeria-reno Omokri (picture) / !oil Licence Not Renewable,nigeria Not Your Company-says Pmb,obj,ibb,tyd Cries / Official Senator Akpbio, Emmanuel Ekon Join Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.