Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Relocated - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocated (11803 Views)

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments / Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocated by chokey419(m): 10:21am On Sep 19, 2017
So basically I am moving to the US permanently next week, started this thread to share my preparations, fears and challenges which I may encounter on my journey to a new beginning..

Enjoy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocated by etiosa97(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2017
What kind of visa did you apply for?
Re: Relocated by greatnaija01: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2017
are you giving out any of your stuff? so we can come and buy?

chokey419:
So basically I am moving to the US permanently next week, started this thread to share my preparations, fears and challenges which I may encounter on my journey to a new beginning..

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2017
chokey419:

Enjoy

Yaay! We are following. Patiently waiting for updates. No fears. God is with you on this journey. Greater things ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2017
pretty16:

Yaay! We are following. Patiently waiting for updates. No fears. God is with you on this journey. Greater things ahead.
Thanks alot. You got any news yet?
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 11:36am On Sep 19, 2017
etiosa97:
What kind of visa did you apply for?
Was actually a family based visa F1 to be precise.
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
are you giving out any of your stuff? so we can come and buy?

Sorry thats been sorted out already.
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
chokey419:
Thanks alot. You got any news yet?
Not yet bro. Still waiting.
Re: Relocated by skylane: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Goodluck bro,pray 4 us looking for way out
Re: Relocated by mrjojo: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
chokey419:
Was actually a family based visa F1 to be precise.
Family based F1? or you meant F2?
There is nothing like this. Moreover F1 visa is a study based visa not meant for "permanent" relocation.

4 Likes

Re: Relocated by Pzone: 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
The OP is clearly going to start hustling. Keep us updated as you said of your challenges cos you're gonna encounter loads of 'em

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
mrjojo:
There is nothing like this. Moreover F1 visa is a study based visa not meant for "permanent" relocation.
Mr oga Google is your friend, FB1 is a visa for unmarried sons and daughters of U.S citizens. F1 is a student visa.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by mrjojo: 12:00am On Sep 20, 2017
chokey419:
Mr oga Google is your friend, FB1 is a visa for unmarried sons and daughters of U.S citizens. F1 is a student visa.
you earlier post clearly mentioned F1 anyways wishing you Goodluck in your new endeavor.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2017
Present sir grin

God protection over you...check somethings out on mackynaija, originalsly n franknetter's thread to give an intro about what u are about to start cheesy

Let me fasten my seat belt cool

1 Like

Re: Relocated by Originalsly: 12:28am On Sep 20, 2017
Hmmm.....moving to the US permanently next week?... Really?...if true I would expect you to say moving to Dallas, Texas...... Brooklyn, New York....something like that. But not too late....you can go to Google and pick a city and State.

7 Likes

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 4:56am On Sep 20, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.....moving to the US permanently next week?... Really?...if true I would expect you to say moving to Dallas, Texas...... Brooklyn, New York....something like that. But not too late....you can go to Google and pick a city and State.
My mom lives in Minnesota so thats where I will be for starters.

11 Likes

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 4:58am On Sep 20, 2017
comradespade:
Present sir grin

God protection over you...check somethings out on mackynaija, originalsly n franknetter's thread to give an intro about what u are about to start cheesy

Let me fasten my seat belt cool
Yea I follow those threads but hardly comment there, very enlightening.
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 5:33am On Sep 20, 2017
So my journey started over 7years ago when my mum filed a petition for me and my siblings, back then didn't I really know how the whole situation really worked just thot that we will be called for an interview really soon but atlas it wasn't so.

Fast forward to 2013 we were called by the embassy here in Lagos for a Dna test which turned out positive, then too I thot the interview will be really close but I was wrong again. That's when I found out about visa journey, its a forum for matters like the situation we were in. Heard about things like priority date, different categories of visas like F2A, F2B, F3 and the likes.

Back then I had just finished my youth service and was really optimistic that things will workout fine for me concerning employment and all so yankee wasn't really a pressing issue as at then.

October last year was when we recieved the welcome letter from NVC that we can now start sending in our supporting documents since our priority date will be current in the next couple of months. To say I was elated is a massive understatement, the Labour market hadn't really favoured me since I finished serving and even then I was undergoing a course at NCAT Zaria in the hope that my "Uncle" will secure a job at one of the Airlines in Nigeria.

By late January this year our documents were submitted to NVC for review which takes about 11weeks and if everything is on point will be forwarded to the consulate in lagos but atlas things didn't work like that, we needed to resubmit some other documents which reset our time back to another 11 weeks, the documents where gathered and submitted around April then the waiting game began.

Since the time of filing and hearing from the NVC my siblings got married so their category changed from FB1 to F3, it has a longer waiting time but it will cover both them their spouses and kids.

By early July I got the news I was waiting for, a case complete letter few days later my interview was scheduled for the second week of August. Scheduled my medical, gathered my documents needed for my interview then the waiting began.

The interview was the shortest ever in my life tops was like 2mins b4 i heard the magical words "you have been approved" was kinda of worried because the dude b4 me was approved also but he wasn't given a visa he was told to comeback by Oct. Another old lady too had issues with her medical.

Thank God for His mercies.

27 Likes

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 5:38am On Sep 20, 2017
chokey419:

Mehn! Some people can argue blindly about what they don't know sha. You would have just told him to check the visa bulletin website. Family based visa for Unmarried children of U. S citizen is known as F1, since it's just the F1 students visa that he knows.
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 5:46am On Sep 20, 2017
chokey419:
So my journey started over 7years ago when my mum filed a petition for me and my siblings, back then didn't I really know how the whole situation really worked just thot that we will be called for an interview really soon but atlas it wasn't so.

Fast forward to 2013 we were called by the embassy here in Lagos for a Dna test which turned out positive, then too I thot the interview will be really close but I was wrong again. That's when I found out about visa journey, its a forum for matters like the situation we were in. Heard about things like priority date, different categories of visas like F2A, F2B, F3 and the likes.

Back then I had just finished my youth service and was really optimistic that things will workout fine for me concerning employment and all so yankee wasn't really a pressing issue as at then.

October last year was when we recieved the welcome letter from NVC that we can now start sending in our supporting documents since our priority date will be current in the next couple of months. To say I was elated is a massive understatement, the Labour market hadn't really favoured me since I finished serving and even then I was undergoing a course at NCAT Zaria in the hope that my "Uncle" will secure a job at one of the Airlines in Nigeria.

By late January this year our documents were submitted to NVC for review which takes about 11weeks and if everything is on point will be forwarded to the consulate in lagos but atlas things didn't work like that, we needed to resubmit some other documents which reset our time back to another 11 weeks, the documents where gathered and submitted around April then the waiting game began.

Since the time of filing and hearing from the NVC my siblings got married so their category changed from FB1 to F3, it has a longer waiting time but it will cover both them their spouses and kids.

By early July I got the news I was waiting for, a case complete letter few days later my interview was scheduled for the second week of August. Scheduled my medical, gathered my documents needed for my interview then the waiting began.

The interview was the shortest ever in my life tops was like 2mins b4 i heard the magical words "you have been approved" was kinda of worried because the dude b4 me was approved also but he wasn't given a visa he was told to comeback by Oct. Another old lady too had issues with her medical.

Thank God for His mercies.

God is faithful. The journey is not easy, but in the end, it's worth the wait cos you are going there legally. Your mum will be so happy to see you. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2017
mrjojo:

Sir, family based immigrant visa are in 5 categories. F1: unmarried children of U.S citizens, F2A: spouses and unmarried children Of permanent residents, F2B, unmarried children of permanent resident, F3: Married children of U. S citizen's and F4: siblings of U. S citizen. You can check Visa bulletin to confirm this. So the OP is right. What you are talking about is the F1 non-immigrant students visas.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by NONNYG: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2017
Congrats OP, I pray Pidgin2 will not come and derail this thread, I never see that kind of enemy of progress in my life b4.

OP, keep us updated as e dey hot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocated by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:09am On Sep 21, 2017
NONNYG:
Congrats OP, I pray Pidgin2 will not come and derail this thread, I never see that kind of enemy of progress in my life b4.

Now that you have tagged her, she will definitely come and derail the thread with her negativity.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 21, 2017
NONNYG:

So as he has gotten U.S stay it means he will not have any problems in this life again or what na?

OP, if you like don't prepare for reality, you think say because light dey 24/7 na free abi? You must work for every dollar you earn and pay for anything you use, enjoy. Congrats

10 Likes

Re: Relocated by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2017
Chokey419

Well done.
Didn't know you had to resubmit documents, NVC stage is not easy.
I honestly wish that some immigration reform comes that sorts out these timelines cos the paperwork for thousands must be an administrative nightmare.

I agree visa journey site is a good one. Clears up misconceptions and avoidable mistakes.

So what airline are you going with? Its a looong flight.
Your siblings still got a long wait though. I think timeline for F3 is 14 years but they're halfway there.

Have you considered work opportunities? Would you get another degree?
Re: Relocated by Treyknowles(m): 11:25am On Sep 21, 2017
NONNYG:

You Shouldn't Have Mentioned Her! You Don Spoil The Whole Thing.
Re: Relocated by NONNYG: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

So as he has gotten U.S stay it means he will not have any problems in this life again or what na?

OP, if you like don't prepare for reality, you think say because light dey 24/7 na free abi? You must work for every dollar you earn and pay for anything you use, enjoy. Congrats

grin grin grin here she comes

5 Likes

Re: Relocated by NONNYG: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

Now that you have tagged her, she will definitely come and derail the thread with her negativity.
any spirit of derailing, holy ghost fire

1 Like

Re: Relocated by NONNYG: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
Treyknowles:
You Shouldn't Have Mentioned Her! You Don Spoil The Whole Thing.
I thought mentioning her will scare her away, OP carry on jare
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
salsera:
Chokey419

Well done.
Didn't know you had to resubmit documents, NVC stage is not easy.
I honestly wish that some immigration reform comes that sorts out these timelines cos the paperwork for thousands must be an administrative nightmare.

I agree visa journey site is a good one. Clears up misconceptions and avoidable mistakes.

So what airline are you going with? Its a looong flight.
Your siblings still got a long wait though. I think timeline for F3 is 14 years but they're halfway there.

Have you considered work opportunities? Would you get another degree?
I am going with British Airways, yeah my siblings still have some way to go.

Concerning work, I am thinking of getting another degree cus what we use here aint really worth anything over there. But if there is a way i can convert my flight dispatch license to FAA certified then things may go a bit smoother.

Just waiting to get there then I can weight my options.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
NONNYG:
grin grin grin here she comes

Lol the truth is if this op gets Mac Donald work abroad he will not see it as an insult to his degree but if na here he will never accept it then complain that there's no job. I know many graduates and promising Nigerians flipping burger abroad with pride , doing waitress/waiter job with joy but here even to teach and impact knowledge on others they will see it as menial Enjoy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! / Two Brothers Aged 12 And 14 Drown In Kwara River (Photo) / Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.