Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Rio Ferdinand Set To Start Professional Boxing Career - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio Ferdinand Set To Start Professional Boxing Career (540 Views)

Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack / Fury Says His Boxing Career Has Come To An End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rio Ferdinand Set To Start Professional Boxing Career by emekauzor(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Former Manchester United star defender Rio Ferdinand, is set to be a professional boxer, the retired England captain; Ferdinand, who is hoping to get his British Boxing Board of Control licence with the help of bookmaker Betfair.

“Boxing is an amazing sport for the mind and the body. I have always had a passion for it and this challenge is the perfect opportunity to show people what’s possible. It’s a challenge I’m not taking lightly, clearly not everyone can become a professional boxer, but with the team of experts Betfair are putting together and the drive I have to succeed, anything is possible.” He was quoted as saying.

Ferdinand in the past has been posting on his Instagram page

He said his gym work replicated the “release time” football had provided him until he left the game, adding that “until you start working out regularly, you don’t understand it. You don’t understand that sometimes that hour, or even that brief 20 minutes you snatch as and when, can be the most chilled out hour or 20 minutes of your day”.

“Without the gym,” Ferdinand said, “I don’t know where I would’ve had that release time – that time just to think about nothing, or to think about something other than what was going on in my life.”

Ferdinand spoke of the beneficial effect that working out had on his mental health.

He said: “I’m simply happier when I’m in the gym and working out, and I think everything else flows better when I’m doing that. It invigorates me and calms me at the same time.”

http://www.ezeuzoma.com/2017/09/19/official-rio-ferdinand-announces-becoming-professional-boxer/

Re: Rio Ferdinand Set To Start Professional Boxing Career by mexxmoney: 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
You just dey find who go spoil this your fine face for you
Re: Rio Ferdinand Set To Start Professional Boxing Career by mikejj(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin we dey wait,u never jamb ojuelegba boys.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Set To Start Professional Boxing Career by Skillfullulu(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Boxing ring ain't no football pitch bro, somebody tell this guy.
It's an advert definitely.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Set To Start Professional Boxing Career by Martinez19(m): 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Think of what Messi did to you, multiple it times ten. That is what is coming for you.

(1) (Reply)

UCL: Borussia Dortmund VS Real Madrid(7:45pm) / Footballer Loses Testicle After Being Kicked During A Match (photo & Video) / World Cup 2018 Draw: Live Coverage As 32 Teams Discover Their Fate In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.