Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax (4377 Views)

Help Python Syntax Error! / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / I want to solve question on python basic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by SoftEng: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
michelle5683:

It's seems as though artificial intelligence is a large and unexploited part of python

Yeah, artificial intelligence (A.I.) is getting quite large large these days.
I'll like to add that you can use other languages as well for A.I., but python (libraries that has low level C/C++ bindings) seems to be by far the most popular in recent times.

Lastly, the cool thing about python programming is that you can learn the basics (as you are doing right now), and branch off to different areas of programming of your choice. (e.g. A.I., web programming, network programming, game programming - like your guessing game, systems programming, dev ops)

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by SoftEng: 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
osarenomaspecial:
am using tensorflow, pytorch and Python numpy. only use numpy when you are good with the theories and maths but those libraries do that for you with ease. your guess are right, as I earlier said it a very complex work, up till now am still looking for ways to solve it. I downloaded a paper yesterday which I believe will give me clue to solve the problem, the paper is on reinforcement learning. that is the reason I want to learn reinforcement learning.

OK.
I've only recently tried implementing simple stuffs in raw numpy and then theano (following through a blog post).
Primarily I use [url]keras.io[/url](and then I switch been tensor flow and theano as backend for keras)

With regards to your RL study, I'll advice you read some introductory textbook or blog posts before diving into papers (I guess you've already done this). Also, another good strategy is to go through papers that write about overview of RL.

Additionally, I'll put up some links here (You may already know some of them) for anyone interested in Reinforcement Learning.

1. Richard Sutton's (draft copy) book is a good introduction -
http://incompleteideas.net/sutton/book/bookdraft2016sep.pdf

2. For those that prefer video tutorial - David Silver's intor to RL lecture is on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pWv7GOvuf0&list=PLzuuYNsE1EZAXYR4FJ75jcJseBmo4KQ9-

(From what I read online, the video lecture mostly followed the content of Richard Sutton's book)

3. Lastly recent RL overview paper on arxiv
https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.05866
https://arxiv.org/abs/1701.07274

Lastly, I apologise to OP for derailing this thread which was a question about python2/3 syntax.
It was nice to see people enthusiastic about DL and I had to jump in.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by osarenomaspecial: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
michelle5683:

It's seems as though artificial intelligence is a large and unexploited part of python
honestly Nigeria government have to build Artificial intelligence research center, most developed countries are investing heavily on A.I
Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by osarenomaspecial: 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
SoftEng:

OK.
I've only recently tried implementing simple stuffs in raw numpy and then theano (following through a blog post).
Primarily I use [url]keras.io[/url](and then I switch been tensor flow and theano as backend for keras)

With regards to your RL study, I'll advice you read some introductory textbook or blog posts before diving into papers (I guess you've already done this). Also, another good strategy is to go through papers that write about overview of RL.

Additionally, I'll put up some links here (You may already know some of them) for anyone interested in Reinforcement Learning.

1. Richard Sutton's (draft copy) book is a good introduction -
http://incompleteideas.net/sutton/book/bookdraft2016sep.pdf

2. For those that prefer video tutorial - David Silver's intor to RL lecture is on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pWv7GOvuf0&list=PLzuuYNsE1EZAXYR4FJ75jcJseBmo4KQ9-

(From what I read online, the video lecture mostly followed the content of Richard Sutton's book)

3. Lastly recent RL overview paper on arxiv
https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.05866
https://arxiv.org/abs/1701.07274

Lastly, I apologise to OP for derailing this thread which was a question about python2/3 syntax.
It was nice to see people enthusiastic about DL and I had to jump in.
thanks. are you a Researcher or DL Developer.
Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by aakpan904: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
They have come again ohhh. Ordinary simple question on python syntax done turn to thread on Artificial Intelligence. Una bros wey they talk about AI and DL, how many of una don use CNN,DNN,RNN discover by operation python dance no start for sambas first??
Make i dey here dey chop popcorn.
Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by SoftEng: 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
osarenomaspecial:
thanks. are you a Researcher or DL Developer.

Kind of both.
Applying DL to practical challenges (as a DL developer) is nice, and research also is interesting.

At the moment, anyone that wants to be a (low level) DL developer still have to do research (or at least keep an eye on current research) due to the current nature of the field. This will likely change in the near future, especially for applications relating to supervised learning.

aakpan904 is right about derailing this thread.

I won't make any more DL related comments on this thread.
I guess starting a DL thread is worth considering... (I guess it should depend on the number of people interested in it, to start a micro DL community)

Thanks.
Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by osarenomaspecial: 12:13am On Sep 24, 2017
I believe the main purpose of this thread have solved. if your python syntax does not work, the fault is from the Python version. always use the version that is been used during the tutorial.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by hexy40: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
michelle5683:
I downloaded a nine hours video on python from youtube, and after seeing the video a while ago. I had basic knowledge of python. From strings - beautifulsoup - turtle - matplotlib etc.and I had a particular orientation on the syntax of python. Recently, in a bid to perfect my skills in python, I ventured into code academy to study with them , and then I noticed some differences. I just want to know if there are different ways of doing this or if I am wrong.

PS: I am just a beginner grin

My question is this,
In code academy, you may see something like
name = raw_input("What is your name?"wink, but this code doesn't work in my shell except I change it to
name = input("What is your name?"wink, I've also seen some other minor differences, what could be happening?

Different versions of python use different syntax,
If u have such problem u always find solution on stackoverflow
Stick to ur choice of python don't let anyone tell u what u should do
Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by saheedniyi22(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
SoftEng:

Yeah, artificial intelligence (A.I.) is getting quite large large these days.
I'll like to add that you can use other languages as well for A.I., but python (libraries that has low level C/C++ bindings) seems to be by far the most popular in recent times.

Lastly, the cool thing about python programming is that you can learn the basics (as you are doing right now), and branch off to different areas of programming of your choice. (e.g. A.I., web programming, network programming, game programming - like your guessing game, systems programming, dev ops)

What point in python do you call the basics ?
How does on know if he has known the basics?
I'm a learner hoping to move into AI soon so I want to know when I'm ready. Thanks
Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by SirMichael1: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2020
dometome:
OP I suggest you start from Html, then CSS, then you move to JavaScript. After Js you can learn python.
Why would she learn html, css, javascript and python? She not into web development na.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by Najdorf: 10:45am On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:
Why would she learn html, css, javascript and python? She not into web development na.
Exactly my thoughts when I read that.

Web development must not be everyone's starting point and career path.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax by SirMichael1: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Najdorf:

Exactly my thoughts when I read that.

Web development must not be everyone's starting point and career path.
Really, web devolopment is an entirely different path on its own and you don't need to know it to use python.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programmers, Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me. / Biometric Access App: Which Programming Language Is Best / Which Ide Is Best For Developing Asp.net Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.