Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,011,575 members, 7,361,564 topics. Date: Friday, 24 March 2023 at 11:37 AM
Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Program And Budget Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course (505 Views)
Financial Analysis And Modelling Using Excel Course / Program And Budget Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course. / Cost-benefit Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course (2) (3) (4)
|Program And Budget Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course by IndepthResearch: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2017|
Event: Program and Budget Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 13th -16th November, 2017.
Budget analysts working in the government and NGOs are charged with tracking expenditures, reporting on the performance of the financial plan, and forecasting future needs. Rather than only relying on superficial comparisons against previous years’ data and simple (often intuitive) adjustments, they need more sophisticated analytical skills. This course enables students to use more sophisticated analytical tools and advanced features of Microsoft Excel to draw useful and reliable conclusions regarding financial performance, and demonstrate that information graphically to superiors. This results in more productive analyses (less time-consuming, while providing more valuable information), which will aid organizations’ efforts to track expenditures and control budget execution. Approximately 85% of the course time will be spent using Microsoft Excel.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for all program and financial management personnel who want to learn about many of the data analysis tools available in Microsoft Excel to aid in creating more compelling analyses of their programs.
• Navigate the Excel ribbon
• Query databases using the Filter tool and the Advanced Filter too
• Aggregate and display different attributes of a data set using the Pivotal
• Use Excel’s Descriptive Statistics tool to calculate statistical measures of central tendency, variation, and shape
• Use the Histogram tool to organize your data and create a frequency distribution
• Perform graphical analysis of data
• Use the Rank and Percentile tool to calculate a data item’s rank and percentile ranking
• Use time series data and Excel’s trend line function to forecast future budgets, costs, and workloads
• Learn which trend line (linear, polynomial, logarithmic, or exponential) is the best to use based on R2
• Identify cost drivers using Excel’s Correlation tool
• Develop simple linear and multiple linear regression models to develop forecasts and predictive equations using Excel’s Regression tool
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Building Background
• Sorting and Querying/Filtering
• Excel's Filter Tool
• Excel's Advanced Filter Tool
• Excel's PivotTable Tool
• Building Background
• Frequency Distributions
• Common Shapes of Frequency Distributions
• Descriptive Statistics
• Time Series Analysis
• Inserting A Trend line
• Building Background
• Simple Linear Regression
• Simple Linear Regression Equation
• Excel’s Regression Tool
• Regression Statistics
• Correlation Versus Causality
• The Correlation Matrix
• Multiple Linear Regression
• More Regression Statistics
Visit our website for more details.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate
Tailors make your course.
Register as a group.
Become one of our partners.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
• Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK..
• ICT for Disaster Response..
• Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals..
• M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes.
• Microsoft Excel for Agriculture Professionals..
The most popular courses
• Digital marketing (Email & Social Media) and Brand Online Visibility..
• Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations..
• Advanced Training on Fire Safety and Fighting Marshal..
• How to Influence Decision Makers to Take up Research..
• Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach..
• Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process..
• GIS Analysis for WASH Programmes..
• Strategic Financial Management..
View course catalogue on ICT4D and mobile technologies Institute.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Meet Event Planners And Managers In Nigeria / AFRIMA And It’s So Many Flaws!! / Food Vendor Buried In A Pot-like Coffin (video)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77