Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Nigeria Police Is A Joke As writtten 2017 #Endsarz - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Is A Joke As writtten 2017 #Endsarz (568 Views)

Gariki Pedestrian Bridge Snap: Contractor Takes Full Responsibility, Apologizes / This Is Why Nigeria Police Is Called OLOPA / "Police Is Your Friend"- US Based Nigerian Lady Says After Hitching A Ride. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Is A Joke As writtten 2017 #Endsarz by jomagibs: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Many viral stories about police and their misconduct. yet this people still provide more cause to doubt them..

can any civilian vouch for them , Am sure the answer is No. yet they parade with an imposed slogan that " police is your friend"

friends that will strip you of your last Cash

friends that will kill you if needs be just to own what you have.

friends that will likely arm gangs and inform them on how to rob you ...

if that's what a friend does then an enemy is far better cause you know they hate you from the onset.

Ask me my take on police.. I think that institution should be closed and it budget used to buy Brazilian hair for my country ladies......

LET ME COME AND BE GOING

Re: Nigeria Police Is A Joke As writtten 2017 #Endsarz by jomagibs: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
Video from people about police slogan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnmf82_DsUY
Re: Nigeria Police Is A Joke As writtten 2017 #Endsarz by jomagibs: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
What happens when the people who swore to serve and protect you, become the ones who endanger your lives?

According to a post shared on Facebook by Chioma Pius, she was beaten up by some policemen simply because they spotted the tattoos on her body.
She had been on her way from Bayelsa to Rivers state when she was stopped by the policemen who proceeded to harass her after asking her who 'she is'.

"Today was a horrible day, I experienced the worst day in my life. Today I was brutalized by police officers, this happened at Emohua axis of River state, at the highway leading to Bayelsa. My crime was that I tattooed my body. In this modern age. A police officer asked me to step down from the taxi I was traveling with from Bayelsa to Port Harcourt.
I asked to know why and he asked again so I got out of the car and then he asked to know who I was and what I did. I gladly introduced myself, after which I had a big smile on my face and my phone rang but I couldn't answer and then he said I should identify myself to his superior which I found funny and I was just looking at the guy when he said I should get detained. That I don't have manners and that I'm a cultist, prostitute, armed robber, there is no disgusting name this men didn't call me and all this time I was just laughing and telling them I'm not entering their mobile cell.
Some of the injuries inflicted on her.

They seized my phones so I couldn't record them. They searched my purse and when they couldn't find any money they got more angry and said that I don't even have money and I'm showing myself. Before I knew it, one of the officers grabbed me by my trousers and pushed me to the van and the other guy slapped me and punched me repeatedly.
I was asking why they are beating me up and their boss used his gun to hit me on my thighs, went away came back with cane and was flogging me and calling me names. They pushed me into their cell. During the struggle I lost my ring and while this was happening they were collecting money from highway drivers and letting them through without searching them. These guys are animals. They touched the wrong one.They will not go unpunished. They sent away my taxi driver. Passersby were watching it and couldn't do anything.
I will not be humiliated for no reason, police officers are not here to protect us but only to hurt innocent ones but it's enough. What's wrong with one tattooing their body?
Re: Nigeria Police Is A Joke As writtten 2017 #Endsarz by jomagibs: 6:19am On Oct 19, 2020
NB so I created this thread in 2017..
At that point I knew the police needed to be reformed. I knew it then it was a crime for a youth to live free.. that having expensive gadget, tattoo or dread is a sin to the almighty police..
Na them be eagle eyes as they think na them dey see sin...

#Endsars.. #reformpolice #Endpolicebrutality

(1) (Reply)

Man Allegedly Shot Dead By APC Candidate Nwoye's Security In Onitsha|see Reactio / EFCC Storms Maina’s $2m Mansion In Abuja / Tinubu Visits Buhari, Says I Am Not Known To Shy Away From Talking My Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.