Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. (615 Views)

"Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! / Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by MultiCEO1: 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tithe in the present dispensation is robbery. The New Testament in Hebrew, read from Chapter 7-8 specifically traced the origin of tithe to Abraham giving it to Melchizedec and also tied it to the law and then succintly states that the law was nailed on the cross with Christ. With Christ came the new Covenant which enjoins us to give as we are blessed, not out of compulsion (which tithe is), nor grudgingly nor sparingly for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Ask yourself, why didn't Apostle Paul in all his epistles never mentioned tithe payment? How about Peter, Timothy, even Christ himself? Simple, tithe has been annulled. All through the New testament, where was tithe mentioned and in connection to what? Why do people always run back to Old testament to back up tithe payment when Christ has already fulfill the law and gave us Grace? If you pay the tithe which is part of the levitical issues, why not also use doves, rams or blood of animal for the remission of your sins?
Why claim Christ's grace while also claiming the law's tithe?
Tithe in this dispensation of grace when Christ has already fulfill the law is robbery

#Krust, MultiCEO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by gentle136(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
what is dis one saying undecided

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by petra1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
Offering nko?
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by brodalikeme(m): 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Did Christ come to abolish the law.or set it straight? Tithing is a covenant and they are meant for specific purpose. In terms of tithing, its a call to submissive relationship with God to handle your supplies Mal 3. The covenant of this tithing is age long and cut across the old and new testament.

My advice to anyone is to know that when tithe is given, God keeps a record of the giver. Heb 7:8 that you quoted confirms this. Being bitter about what the church does with this fund is not necessary. God has already marked your register.
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by Tobloc(m): 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
MultiCEO1:
Tithe in the present dispensation is robbery. The New Testament in Hebrew, read from Chapter 7-8 specifically traced the origin of tithe to Abraham giving it to Melchizedec and also tied it to the law and then succintly states that the law was nailed on the cross with Christ. With Christ came the new Covenant which enjoins us to give as we are blessed, not out of compulsion (which tithe is), nor grudgingly nor sparingly for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Ask yourself, why didn't Apostle Paul in all his epistles never mentioned tithe payment? How about Peter, Timothy, even Christ himself? Simple, tithe has been annulled. All through the New testament, where was tithe mentioned and in connection to what? Why do people always run back to Old testament to back up tithe payment when Christ has already fulfill the law and gave us Grace? If you pay the tithe which is part of the levitical issues, why not also use doves, rams or blood of animal for the remission of your sins?
Why claim Christ's grace while also claiming the law's tithe?
Tithe in this dispensation of grace when Christ has already fulfill the law is robbery

#Krust, MultiCEO.

Did you say Christ didn't mention anything about tithe? You've got to read the scriptures again.
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by JackBizzle: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
brodalikeme:
Did Christ come to abolish the law.or set it straight? Tithing is a covenant and they are meant for specific purpose. In terms of tithing, its a call to submissive relationship with God to handle your supplies Mal 3. The covenant of this tithing is age long and cut across the old and new testament.

My advice to anyone is to know that when tithe is given, God keeps a record of the giver. Heb 7:8 that you quoted confirms this. Being bitter about what the church does with this fund is not necessary. God has already marked your register.

So God is now an accounrant that keeps records of you tithes paid?

Guy, package your lies elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by MultiCEO1: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tobloc:

Did you say Christ didn't mention anything about tithe? You've got to read the scriptures again.

I gave you Hebrew chapters 7 and 8 to prove that tithe has been abolished. Give me biblical verses to underpin your points. I said if tithe was mentioned, what was it tied to?
Besides, the argument should border on its rightness or wrongness. I said it is robbery and even if Christ did mention it, it was for illustration and not to uphold it.
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by MultiCEO1: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
gentle136:
what is dis one saying undecided
The truth. Read the book of the bible quoted.
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by MultiCEO1: 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
petra1:

Offering nko?

Offering is a freewill thing which we were instructed in Corinthians by Paul that "upon the first day of the week, let every one set aside as he is blessed...." He further goes to instruct us to give no sparingly, grudging, or out of compulsion for God loveth a cheerful giver. Offering is accepted.
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by brodalikeme(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
JackBizzle:

So God is now an accounrant that keeps records of you tithes paid?

Guy, package your lies elsewhere.

1) If keeping records means being an accountant then, yes God is an accountant. At least the book of revelation alsoakes us to know that they are books of records in His presences.
2) If highlighting a verse out of the chapters you quoted makes me a liar, then I can only imagine the falsehood you are peddling
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by MultiCEO1: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
brodalikeme:

Sorry. I didn't say Hebrew 7:8. I said read through Hebrew chapters 7 and 8. read them all.
Christ come to fulfill the law, the old covenant and with his death and ressurection gave us a new covenant that does not operate under the law anymore but under grace.
Please, learn the truth before attempting to stand up to me. I am born with the word and have look at it severally to understand as much as the spirit allows.
God cares more about the heart with which you give and nothing about tithe and register marking, hence the widow and her mite where far much appreciated. It wasn't one tenth of her worth she gave, it was her heart that was measured.
Read the Hebrews chapters 7 and 8 again.
Re: Tithe Is Wrong And Robbery. by MultiCEO1: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
brodalikeme:

1) If keeping records means being an accountant then, yes God is an accountant. At least the book of revelation alsoakes us to know that they are books of records in His presences.
2) If highlighting a verse out of the chapters you quoted makes me a liar, then I can only imagine the falsehood you are peddling

Brodalikeme, why are you trying to put up unnecessary argument? You deliberately selected a verse that you think supports you to put forth here even though you actually read through the whole chapters to see the truth.
I am with my bible now. Open to the book of Hebrews chapter 7 read through to chapter 8. that's what I said. Stop fighting the truth.

(1) (Reply)

What Name To Give To A Child Who's Coming To Wipe Away Reproach. / Real Snake Comes Out Of A Botswana Woman After Deliverance At FANO Ministry / Such Is Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.