Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? (908 Views)

How I Chose The Wrong Job / Download Dragnet Past Question And Answer For EY Test / How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
Please Nairalanders I have an issue that's bothering me.

I recently went for an interview in a financial institution and when asked what my weakness is I answered that I hate taking risks. Is this a disadvantageous thing to say being that financial institutions take risks such as giving loans etc.

At first I was convinced it was a right answer to give being that they won't like to employ someone who may be taking reckless financial risks but on a second thought I feel it may be a problem.

This has been bothering me ever since as I don't want to miss this opportunity due to this (passed through several stages to get to this stage which is the final one).

What do you think? Thanks.
Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by lovingyouhun: 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hmmmmmm, I smell trouble, taking risk is part of success story

3 Likes

Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
You said you hate taking risk. Meanwhile, if you've got to be successful, you'd have to be a risk taker. Life itself is about taking risk. In my opinion, it's the wrong answer to give.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Toshiba49ja(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
kimbraa:
You said you hate taking risk. Meanwhile, if you've got to be successful, you'd have to be a risk taker. Life itself is about taking risk. In my opinion, it's the wrong answer to give.

Ds wan jus said it bluntly grin

How duyu want d OP to sleep ds nait? shocked

6 Likes

Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
Toshiba49ja:

Ds wan jus said it bluntly grin

How duyu want d OP to sleep ds nait? shocked
He asked for our opinion. I don't sugar-coat the truth. grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
I'm already worried. I think I did good generally but for that question. God take over.
Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Xcely: 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
You should have added what you told us- you hate taking risks, the careless ones. You prefer to have enough time to consider before plunging into any venture. Can make you appear slow at times.

That could be a better version of your answer

1 Like

Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by amicable09(f): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2017
Butterscotch92:
Please Nairalanders I have an issue that's bothering me.

I recently went for an interview in a financial institution and when asked what my weakness is I answered that I hate taking risks. Is this a disadvantageous thing to say being that financial institutions take risks such as giving loans etc.

At first I was convinced it was a right answer to give being that they won't like to employ someone who may be taking reckless financial risks but on a second thought I feel it may be a problem.

This has been bothering me ever since as I don't want to miss this opportunity due to this (passed through several stages to get to this stage which is the final one).

What do you think? Thanks.
Every weakness, I've come to understand can be turned around into strength. I wish the interviewer pressed further when you said you hate taking risks, then you would have elaborated further and they'll see that in the end, just as you put it here, it is not bad after all.

In an interview back in the days I was asked this question. I told them impatience. The way they looked at me with curious eyes just made me continue talking. I talked about my impatience and one of them began telling me the importance of impatience in getting results. He was the one who finished up the question for me by the telling the others that I'm result oriented and self driven.

Overall if the interview went well, that question may just carry a few marks and won't affect the total score and recommendation by the interviewer. They may just decide to put you in a department where process must be followed and one that doesn't require your input solely to conclude a transaction.

Remain optimistic about the outcome.
Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by tosbobby(m): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2017
Wao!

If all other responses were good, why giving yourself sleepless night?
Mind what you think most, it might end up being the result.
God usually add good meanings to what we say especially if its a place that is meant for us.
To me, you did real good. Just maintain follow up.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
Thank you all for giving me hope.
Re: Is This The Wrong Answer For This Interview Question? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
Butterscotch92:
Thank you all for giving me hope.
you will make it, my previous job interview was the worst one I have ever had, I received so much bashing but decided I won't lie and seriously prayed for the session to end so I ll go home in peace.
I couldn't believe my ears when she said congrats and called someone to show me around.
so have faith bro

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Job Vacancy / Thread For N-tax Applicants. / Apply MTN Nigeria 2018-2019 Customer Service Accelerated Internship Programme (N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.