Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help (1127 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help by ShenTeh(m): 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
My Infiniti Qx4 (Nissan Pathfinder) 97 model it is. Great vehicle, excellent engine and transmission but this issue is giving me the crackers.

It always goes off after driving for about 20 minutes. Doesn't stall, doesn't jack, just goes off.

Once restarted, it emits black smoke and one needs to keep accelerating to keep it alive. It would keep going off anyway and may normalise again for another 15 to 20 minutes before relapsing.

After scan, we got P0335, P0110, P0100 and P1035.

Feel free to ask me any question(s) about this.

I will appreciate any help.

Please your comments and suggestions are welcome.
Re: I Need Help by honmusa(m): 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
ShenTeh:
My Infiniti Qx4 (Nissan Pathfinder) 97 model it is. Great vehicle, excellent engine and transmission but this issue is giving me the crackers.

It always goes off after driving for about 20 minutes. Doesn't stall, doesn't jack, just goes off.

Once restarted, it emits black smoke and one needs to keep accelerating to keep it alive. It would keep going off anyway and may normalise again for another 15 to 20 minutes before relapsing.

After scan, we got P0335, P0110, P0100 and P1035.

Feel free to ask me any question(s) about this.

I will appreciate any help.

Please your comments and suggestions are welcome.
change the crankshaft and camshaft sensors to resolve the ignition going off issue(typical Nissan issue p0335).Black smoke is as a result of issue with maf sensor and IAT which is most likely an electrcial issue with the connector .
Best bet take it for proper and accurate diagnosis in any competent tech shop and if you need help with the resolution call autologic @08061166316
Re: I Need Help by ShenTeh(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
honmusa:

change the crankshaft and camshaft sensors to resolve the ignition going off issue(typical Nissan issue p0335).Black smoke is as a result of issue with maf sensor and IAT which is most likely an electrcial issue with the connector .
Best bet take it for proper and accurate diagnosis in any competent tech shop and if you need help with the resolution call autologic @08061166316

Thanks Baba.

Someone directed me to some guy in Ladipo. He changed the IAT and MAF sensor and the issue has not resurfaced in the last 24hr+, although the check engine light is still on.

Again, many thanks.
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 31, 2017
ShenTeh:

Thanks Baba.

Someone directed me to some guy in Ladipo. He changed the IAT and MAF sensor and the issue has not resurfaced in the last 24hr+, although the check engine light is still on.

Again, many thanks.
I am following up your case.... Please any updates?
Re: I Need Help by ShenTeh(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2018

I am following up your case.... Please any updates?

Sorry for this late reply boss.

Car is now someone else's. Never complained about it to me till date.

Gracias

(1) (Reply)

Sold / Need A Panel Beater And Painter... Dents On My Car / The Parable Of A Lemon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.