Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

13 Things That Will Happen When Illegal Structures Are Demolished In Abesan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Things That Will Happen When Illegal Structures Are Demolished In Abesan (560 Views)

Enugu Nike Lake Hotel Sends SOS To ECTDC As Illegal Structures Cause Overflow / Fayemi: No Mosque Demolished In Rivers State / Patience Jonathan’s Building Demolished In Abuja (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

13 Things That Will Happen When Illegal Structures Are Demolished In Abesan by cooldude62(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
Abesan Estate in Alimosho, Lagos is very big, might be the biggest in Nigeria. Whatever happens there should concern the government. People might die there soon. Check this:

Demolition will cause untold hardship that will lead to monumental madness
It will render over 30,000 people jobless in Abesan
It will increase rate of stealing in the estate
It will increase thuggery, hooliganism and social miscreants
It will increase prostitution as some of our ladies will become jobless
LBIC will lose over N31m annually from ground rent
Ikeja Electric will lose over N30m per annum
LAWMA/PSP will lose over N10m annually
Mosan Okunola LCDA will lose over N35m annually from IGR
Lagos State government will lose N1.2b annually from IGR
Owners of structures could develop HBP, Stroke and eventually die
Abesan will be dull, there will be no social activities
The ruling Political party will lose votes at the next elections
These and many more are what will happen when there is a total demolition of illegal structures in Abesan as highlighted by the president of Abesan Estate Residents Association (AERA), Mr. Ogundimu Kehinde during his speech at the meeting between LBIC and Allottees. He however stated that some of the structures need to give way.

Source: http://alimoshostandard..com.ng/2017/10/13-things-that-will-happen-when-illegal.html

Re: 13 Things That Will Happen When Illegal Structures Are Demolished In Abesan by Dayanto: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
It's important you get approval from the appropriate agency before you commence any development on land to avoid demolition without compensation and the hardship you're insinuating...we should all learn
Re: 13 Things That Will Happen When Illegal Structures Are Demolished In Abesan by bjay08: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
The so called lbic collected money from the shop owners, some structures constructed there are indeed selfish and not considerate of others but they could have put some sanity into it by regulating the sizes of the shops etc, or not even allowing the shops in the first place. Where do they want this people to start from? I was there today, and it was really sad. A friends mum maintained two of her kids in the university with proceeds from her shop When her gratuity was not paid. I can only begin to imagine the other stories from there...meanwhile a catapillar is at the entrance of the estate already .this government is not it at all. No second term for ambode or apc if he/they continue like this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Success Started When I Donated My Salary To Covenant University- Dogara. / NIGERIA, A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY. / U.S: White House Is On Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.