Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Rss Reader - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Rss Reader (632 Views)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Api, Rss Feeds & Widgets :: / Displaying Rss Feeds Easily Using Google Ajax Feed Api / Nigerian Rss News Feeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rss Reader by cyberomin(m): 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2010
Hi people i want to get your opinion on this, will you use just another RSS reader, considering the fact that we already have a ton of it. My question really is, is it worth the time developing another?. Response pls needed.

-Moi
Cyberomin.
Re: Rss Reader by TechPros(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2010
i think that is decision you have to make urself if it worth the time or not? But why not get a script and modify to suit u.
Re: Rss Reader by cyberomin(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
@Tech Pros, thanks man, i want to embark on this - i am a news junkie, lol. Talking of getting a script, yeah i know a ton of them, but i prefer hard coding my thing. I will go ahead and still do it. Thanks for dropping by.
Re: Rss Reader by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2010
hard-coding is a terrible way of solving problems. I prefer to download a script first that works, then modify it. That is when
your skills come in, modify it to suit precisely what you want.
The good thing is that, when there are lots to chose from, you just pick the one closest to what you have in mind and modify
it. It is only when the i cannot find the one closest to what i want is when i hardcode the stuff myself.
Remember that facebook chat stuff i downloaded, i have corrected all the errors in it, both css, jquery and others, and now
it works properly on all platforms. That script had exactly the features i was looking for, so all i did was corrections rather than
starting from the scratch, when there are loads of work to be done.

If you are looking from a learning angle, then look thru the downloaded code and make sure you understand the codes and if
you see any construct that you do not understand, make sure you learn it. Afteral, you can only correct a code you understand.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Businessmen And Websites: Whats Happening / Download 195 Complete Adsense Websites With Full Content And Adsense Ready / Get The Latest And Download Soft's That Offer The Best Solution To Your Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.