Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

How To Avoid Growing Beards? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Avoid Growing Beards? (8119 Views)

When Did You Start Growing Beards? / Importance Of Growing Beards In Men / Growing Beards Artificially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
How my gon avoid or mellow growing beards? I wana have a smooth (beard free) skin.
Tnx 4 contributin
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2010
The only way to handle this is go on an anti-androgen. You will need a doctor, and possibly a therapists signing off on this,

This is not the same as HRT, the anti-androgen therapy for younger transsexual women is beginning to be accepted as a legitimate course of action because it just holds off further masculinization without making permanent changes as estrogen HRT does.
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2010
Thanks, but aint there other subtle means of eliminating rather than anti-androgen or HRT cos i know one would require to be on frequent medication if the former applies, could it be itchy too?
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2010
brein:

Thanks, but aint there other subtle means of eliminating rather than anti-androgen or HRT cos i know one would require to be on frequent medication if the former applies, could it be itchy too?

NONE
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by agathamari(f): 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
laser hair removal. takes about 2-5 treatments but is perminent
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2010
agathamari:

laser hair removal. takes about 2-5 treatments but is perminent
Laser hair removal is normally used for:

Face , Back , Chest , Legs , Bikini , Underarm , Arms .
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
@agatha,
Where can one get laser hair removal from, maybe online to buy.
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by dominique(f): 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2010
brein:

@agatha,

you can't buy it. its done by a professional.
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by agathamari(f): 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Laser hair removal is normally used for:

Face , Back , Chest , Legs , Bikini , Underarm , Arms .
not sure what your argument is but it can be used everywhere, i have seen vid of it on ear and nose hairs, knuckles, feet as well as what you stated

brein:

@agatha,
im sure in downtown lagos or abuja youll be abel to find a dermitologist that offers it. you can buy hpme electrolosist kis but are very time consuming and not very popular since laser hair removal became affordable
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
I'll check for a traditional means, rather.
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by aieromon(m): 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
@brein
Can't believe that you want to avoid a beard.i've got a smooth face and it kinda makes me look too young for my age.
Oh well,guess you want to enjoy a smooth face like me.
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
Can't believe u want to avoid a beard.i've got a smooth skin, it makes me look younger than my age. .

@aieromon,
I believe if one tenth of the average nigerian guy/man had a way, he would prevent growing stressy beards. Well maybe cos i voiced mine out but that's what i prefer (lookin younger than my age,) aint that spicey? I no wan acquire methuselar kind of beard when not necesary,
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by babanne(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
I want to advice you not to remove your beards permanently because that is against your nature.Rather try to handle it as an adult that you are.Thats how others too handle it. Remember Michael Jackson and what eventually killed him.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: How To Avoid Growing Beards? by madlady(f): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Poster there is a way to thin out or remove hairs permanently "Electrolysis" it can be very costly and if not done well it can scar.

I purchased a home kit and books I removed the hairs on my legs (I hated shaving them) I found it quite easy to do but some find it impossible to do themself.

You can also look around to see if you have any practitioners in you location.

(1) (Reply)

Mustard Seed Can Cure Any Ailment And Good For Health. / Ugwuanyi Directs Rehabilitation, Upgrade Of Agwu General Hospital / Introducing Skin Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.