Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nigerian Youth Should Think - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youth Should Think (242 Views)

Every Nigeria Youth Should Watch This the British betrayed Igbo's and Yoruba / Nigerian Youth Kneels As Senator Akpabio Inspects His Campaign Shirt / Meet The 14-year-old Boy Who Started Syria War, What Ipob And Arewa Youth Should (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth Should Think by phemy36(m): 6:25am On Oct 26, 2017
*He is 31 years old*

Austria today made history by electing the world's youngest president who is 31 years old.

His name is Sebastian Kurz, he is just 31 years old and with him is his girlfriend Susanne.

Before today's election, he was the country's foreign minister.

While our youths are contented with being ass lickers, praise singers and Special assistants on social media in Nigeria, youths else where are disrupting the status quo, pushing for innovation, changing the narrative and pushing for the new frontier.

From Facebook to Snapchat and Taxify, these tech giants were founded by millennials who are youths.

Mark Zukerberg is just 32 years old and the youngest billionaire in the world.

The bar has been raised in Austria that elected a 31 years old man as its leader today.

A 31 years old man in Nigeria is probably in his parents house,unemployed and broke, eating free food and not bothered.

The 31 old Nigerian man is feeling big supporting politicians (who directly or indirectly put us in the mess we are in) on Facebook without seeing the nexus between the failed leadership and present unemployment predicament.

I weep for our youths many of whom are wasting away forgetting that time waits for no one.

The condition in Nigeria is not helping matters though and then my generation is not ready to push for change.

Those who have bank jobs think they are on top of the world, forgetting that the owners of the banks were Billionaires at their age.

The women get married and drive their husband's cars and think they have arrived.

Those who work in IOCs see themselves as great achievers, not knowing that they are slaves.

I ask myself and other young people reading this, what are you doing with your life?

Are you happy with the way Nigeria is at the moment?

What are you doing to push for change?

(1) (Reply)

COME JOIN ME / Well, It Will Be Well / It Is One Of Its Kind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.