Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Learn - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Learn (563 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn by johnime: 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Most times I regret ever going to the university to waste a whole lot of my beautiful five years I would have used to achieve something bigger,wish someone advised me early about it.
I came to this town for my NYSC and after leaving the camp I was posted to one secondary school at Bwari to teach.
I do close from work by 12:00noon,and I use to be bored at home.
Close to my lodge is a mechanic garage and I noticed people patronize there very well so I decided to take a tour and make some findings,I discovered that they specialized in fixing accidental vehicles(panel bitting and spraying) I got along with one of the guys there,I made him my friend and asked him what it would take for me to learn the work to my surprise he just said it depends on how serious you are and your commitment,I can learn within four months,six months,one year and 10years,as in any how I want it.
The part that got me motivated was when he told me that if I should learn and work as a job man that I can earn up to 10,000 to 20,000 naira daily.
The next day, I resumed as his apprentice not minding that I am a degree holder,he was surprise to see me resumed the next day,my action alone made him show more concentration in teaching me the work very well.Within a period of two months I was able to body-fill and smoothen the body of vehicles without any supervision,that was how he certified me and started giving me jobs and pay me accordingly as they pay job men in the garage,before I finished my service year I was able to set up a business(where I sell Car body filler and Car paints and Car fancies) from the money I earned from car panel bitting and spraying.

Since three years that I have graduated this has been what that pays all my bill, when I started many of my fellow corp members mocked me,the girls especially laughed at me and said I am foolish,that didn't stop me,I pushed against all odd and today I am way too far ahead of almost all of them because we still keep in touch and anytime they visits Abuja I give them free accommodation whenever they are called for job interview.
I have three guys now learning under me,they are also corp members,I talked to them about it and they took my advice,and by the time they would be through they won't be hopping from one job interview to another.I am only trying to solve unemployment problem in my own little way.
Don't sit and wait for a job you would never get,being a graduate is not a guaranty that you would be employed,swallow your pride,tame your ego and learn a skill,it will benefit you a lot and do more good to you more than a job can do.-Efetobore Joshua(Bwari Area Council Abuja)
Re: Learn by johnime: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
johnime:
Most times I regret ever going to the university to waste a whole lot of my beautiful five years I would have used to achieve something bigger,wish someone advised me early about it.
I came to this town for my NYSC and after leaving the camp I was posted to one secondary school at Bwari to teach.
I do close from work by 12:00noon,and I use to be bored at home.
Close to my lodge is a mechanic garage and I noticed people patronize there very well so I decided to take a tour and make some findings,I discovered that they specialized in fixing accidental vehicles(panel bitting and spraying) I got along with one of the guys there,I made him my friend and asked him what it would take for me to learn the work to my surprise he just said it depends on how serious you are and your commitment,I can learn within four months,six months,one year and 10years,as in any how I want it.
The part that got me motivated was when he told me that if I should learn and work as a job man that I can earn up to 10,000 to 20,000 naira daily.
The next day, I resumed as his apprentice not minding that I am a degree holder,he was surprise to see me resumed the next day,my action alone made him show more concentration in teaching me the work very well.Within a period of two months I was able to body-fill and smoothen the body of vehicles without any supervision,that was how he certified me and started giving me jobs and pay me accordingly as they pay job men in the garage,before I finished my service year I was able to set up a business(where I sell Car body filler and Car paints and Car fancies) from the money I earned from car panel bitting and spraying.

Since three years that I have graduated this has been what that pays all my bill, when I started many of my fellow corp members mocked me,the girls especially laughed at me and said I am foolish,that didn't stop me,I pushed against all odd and today I am way too far ahead of almost all of them because we still keep in touch and anytime they visits Abuja I give them free accommodation whenever they are called for job interview.
I have three guys now learning under me,they are also corp members,I talked to them about it and they took my advice,and by the time they would be through they won't be hopping from one job interview to another.I am only trying to solve unemployment problem in my own little way.
Don't sit and wait for a job you would never get,being a graduate is not a guaranty that you would be employed,swallow your pride,tame your ego and learn a skill,it will benefit you a lot and do more good to you more than a job can do.-Efetobore Joshua(Bwari Area Council Abuja)

(1) (Reply)

Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Massive Job Recruitment On / The Usefulness Of Linkedin When Job Hunting / Interview Invitation By Labeta Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.