Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

- Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (689 Views)

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence / Atheists In Lagos And Worldwide, Come And Witness Limb Growing Miracle!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2017
Re: by OtemSapien: 9:24am On Nov 05, 2017
If all christians become atheists, nobody will be crying about demonic oppressions, tormenting spirits, spirit wives, spirit husbands, devourers, cankerworms, marine spirits, end-time, hell fire, judgment day, 666, etc.
Noise pollution in our public buses will cease, Allah Akbar noise will find its square root, madness on the streets will cease and Nigeria will be peaceful.

However, I am not really wishing for human beings to believe in god or not, rather, they should believe in themselves as gods, then can they be able to do superhuman things.

NB: I am not an atheist, but I admire the courage of the atheists who, despite millions of lying testimonies about what one god or the other have done, they still spotted the truth that 'there is no god hiding in the sky, helping humanity to do things'. I salute their genius in spotting this, but the whole truth is that, human beings are equal with the gods and we don't really need any god to survive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: by oglalasioux(m): 10:14am On Nov 05, 2017
The greatest benefit of being an atheist is taking responsibility for your actions and moving on with life after any failure or set back.

You don't do good because of any heavenly reward. You do good because it's the right thing to do.

You are not burdened with worship or reverence. No matter how religion has made the world unbearable, you move on and wish everyone will understand that the universe that made us is constantly trying to decimate us. That our only salvation is coming together to see how we can make our world a better place. Thankfully science is championing this.
Re: by sonofluc1fer: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Neither atheism nor theism have brought any benefits to this world. They are simply positions on the existence of God - they carry no other ideology.

For me, born and raised a Christian, atheism was a position I switched to after much questioning, and research. I wouldn't say the journey has been easy or not rewarding - it's akin to learning how to walk after being supported all your life with crutches.

I sleep less, my mind always storming from one idea to another, new knowledge flushing away old knowledge, building new structures of thought in my mind. I'm more curious, pay more attention to the news, and have become more open to ideas I'd have considered ludicrous a long time ago.

The lack of any 'after-life' benefits helped me gain a greater appreciation of 'current-life' privileges. I've become a lover of history novels and documentaries - my world experience has expanded beyond the walls of Israel, the limits of the Bible.

Life is a buffet - a wild mix of cultures and traditions invented by our ingenuity. I've become more open to other cultures, more eager to step beyond my comfort zones. I do not believe those who do not conform to the values I hold deserve to die or be wiped away.

So are there any benefits? That's up to you. I've met horrible people - some atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic. I've seen people give their life to Christ, and turn a new leaf. I've watched others become even hardened criminals, the proverbial wolves in sheep clothing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by rekinomtla(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2017
There is no benefit. Atheism has played a prominent role in some of the worst bloodbaths in human history over a relevantly short period of time. Whereas it's virtually hasn't had any influence on science or technology. Instead atheist states used science and technology to murder milions of people. I fail to see how this ideology is beneficial to humanity. undecided As far as I can tell, it's detrimental to it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2017
OtemSapien:
If all christians become atheists, nobody will be crying about demonic oppressions, tormenting spirits, spirit wives, spirit husbands, devourers, cankerworms, marine spirits, end-time, hell fire, judgment day, 666, etc.
Noise pollution in our public buses will cease, Allah Akbar noise will find its square root, madness on the streets will cease and Nigeria will be peaceful.

However, I am not really wishing for human beings to believe in god or not, rather, they should believe in themselves as gods, then can they be able to do superhuman things.

NB: I am not an atheist, but I admire the courage of the atheists who, despite millions of lying testimonies about what one god or the other have done, they still spotted the truth that 'there is no god hiding in the sky, helping humanity to do things'. I salute their genius in spotting this, but the whole truth is that, human beings are equal with the gods and we don't really need any god to survive.

You started off badly given that you narrowed your argument down to Christians and muslims, forgetting that there are other prominent religions that do not engage in the activities you listed, so this premise alone, weakens the foundation of your argument.

The second paragraph of your comment makes sense, but then, just believing in ourselves isn't enough, it doesn't answer a lot of questions we have been seeking answers to, for instance, questions like, what's man's purpose in life, and it doesn't even address the issue of morality, which is basically, how do I distinguish between good and bad?

At this point the pointlessness of atheism becomes visible.

Also, atheism does not encourage and motivate people to strive for greatness, it is just an ideology that rejects the belief in deities, nothing more, nothing else.

After reading your comment, I still don't see the usefulness of atheism.
Re: by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 05, 2017
oglalasioux:
The greatest benefit of being an atheist is taking responsibility for your actions and moving on with life after any failure or set back.

You don't do good because of any heavenly reward. You do good because it's the right thing to do.

You are not burdened with worship or reverence. No matter how religion has made the world unbearable, you move on and wish everyone will understand that the universe that made us is constantly trying to decimate us. That our only salvation is coming together to see how we can make our world a better place. Thankfully science is championing this.

Read my second post.
Re: by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Neither atheism nor theism have brought any benefits to this world. They are simply positions on the existence of God - they carry no other ideology.

For me, born and raised a Christian, atheism was a position I switched to after much questioning, and research. I wouldn't say the journey has been easy or not rewarding - it's akin to learning how to walk after being supported all your life with crutches.

I sleep less, my mind always storming from one idea to another, new knowledge flushing away old knowledge, building new structures of thought in my mind. I'm more curious, pay more attention to the news, and have become more open to ideas I'd have considered ludicrous a long time ago.

The lack of any 'after-life' benefits helped me gain a greater appreciation of 'current-life' privileges. I've become a lover of history novels and documentaries - my world experience has expanded beyond the walls of Israel, the limits of the Bible.

Life is a buffet - a wild mix of cultures and traditions invented by our ingenuity. I've become more open to other cultures, more eager to step beyond my comfort zones. I do not believe those who do not conform to the values I hold deserve to die or be wiped away.

So are there any benefits? That's up to you. I've met horrible people - some atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic. I've seen people give their life to Christ, and turn a new leaf. I've watched others become even hardened criminals, the proverbial wolves in sheep clothing.
Nice comment.
Re: by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2017
rekinomtla:
There is no benefit. Atheism has played a prominent role in some of the worst bloodbaths in human history over a relevantly short period of time. Whereas it's virtually hasn't had any influence on science or technology. Instead atheist states used science and technology to murder milions of people. I fail to see how this ideology is beneficial to humanity. undecided

Thank you. Atheists regard theism as a dangerous ideology, whereas they fail to realise that atheism is possibly an even more dangerous ideology to cling to, because, as atheists don't believe in the existence of god, it therefore means that any judgement they will ever make will be subjective and we know how subjective judgements are. Any one can do anything and justify it on the basis of his judgement.

Following their logic, there would be no need for a system where the people are subject to a ruler and given laws, which will be enforced by appointed authorities. In fact, everyone is free to do whatever they want to do.

Atheism is so illogical. It's just a pointless cause.

1 Like

Re: by obinna58(m): 1:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
Being an atheist makes you take crucial responsibility of your life, getting oneself out of life of lies and deciet, controversy, spiritual torment, fear, enmity.
Atheism helps in understanding the value of life and how to possibly utilize it to an unlimitles extent, holding oneself accountable for failures, finding solutions as well as making amendments.
An atheist has no restrictions to freedom, has zero time for ego, mockry, grudges, Hippocratic nature and willing to discuss anything no matter how creepy, crazy, unpleasant or how unintelligent it may seem to be, atheism gives you the key to find happiness, higher IQ, enjoyment, knowledge, exploring and believe it or not it's undoubtedly the good way to fast track development
Re: by MrMystrO(m): 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
Well i am Not an atheist, I am a theist Because i do not share the View of atheists that there Is no God or No cause for existence as The workings of Nature and the universe already Clearly Debunks that.. That is if you can Peer deep enough, you will Discover that Randomness is Not Entirely Random.. it is the Way God works and everything that came to being is part of An eternal conscious Cause. But i do admire atheists Because Majority of them are people who probably weren't content with the Popular answers to the important questions we ask as humans, but could dare to research and expand their knowledge further than what is provided by the status quo. We all Know Your Religion Depends on The family and probably the country you were Born in as most Christians were born into Christian homes and most Muslims into Muslim homes.. same with others. And so it takes Boldness and a daring gut to Go further from there and that's something i like. But It doesn't Make atheism in Anyway the best belief system Because atheism on its own is still a bit like the religion which it Condemns; An "Attempt" to Explain or Understand The Mysteries of Existence which we can't Comprehend, and Also, like Religion, Does Not Provide The Complete or Whole answers to the questions that Plagues the Soul of Man. The mind of man, Like every other thing is on an evolutionary journey, and as we move through the Ages of time, Our "Truths" are Bound to Always evolve to suit The current Age and current Evolutionary stage of the mind of man. This is how it has Always been and this is How it will Always Be.
Re: by hakeem4(m): 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2017
makes you free from mental slavery

1 Like

Re: by hakeem4(m): 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
rekinomtla:
There is no benefit. Atheism has played a prominent role in some of the worst bloodbaths in human history over a relevantly short period of time. Whereas it's virtually hasn't had any influence on science or technology. Instead atheist states used science and technology to murder milions of people. I fail to see how this ideology is beneficial to humanity. undecided As far as I can tell, it's detrimental to it.
The CRUSADERS jihadist nazi's nkor?

1 Like

Re: by hopefulLandlord: 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
This post is so senseless

Rennn:

Thank you. Atheists regard theism as a dangerous ideology, whereas they fail to realise that atheism is possibly an even more dangerous ideology to cling to, because, as atheists don't believe in the existence of god, it therefore means that any judgement they will ever make will be subjective and we know how subjective judgements are. Any one can do anything and justify it on the basis of his judgement.

ALL JUDGEMENTS ARE SUBJECTIVE!!!

I dare any reasonable person to show an objective judgement (ANY ONE) without being blinded by bias and committing fallacy(ies) alongside it

Following their logic, there would be no need for a system where the people are subject to a ruler and given laws, which will be enforced by appointed authorities. In fact, everyone is free to do whatever they want to do.
You have no idea how empty the above post is

Atheism is so illogical. It's just a pointless cause.

Tell us how you really feel

NB: I could rebut every single sentence in this post of yours but I'm kinda not in that mood

2 Likes

Re: by rekinomtla(m): 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
hakeem4:
The CRUSADERS jihadist nazi's nkor?

undecided
Re: by CoolUsername: 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
Anyone talking about the pros and cons of atheism is monumentally mistaken about what atheism is. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in the existence of God.

Atheism does not lead to any form ideology or way of thinking. Rather, it is ideology that leads to atheism. Atheism is nothing but an answer to a specific question.

Personally, I value logic and empiricism and have found atheism to be the most logical answer to the question of whether God exists or not.

Atheism is not a source of good or evil ideas or actions. Rather it is a conclusion that stems from other ideas. Logic, reason, empiricism, and healthy skepticism are ideas that led me to atheism, they also guide me in many of the decisions I take and conclusions make about the world. Atheism is only one of those conclusions.

The question is flawed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Another Atheist Mass Murderer / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/11/17 / Former Yazidi Sex Slave To Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.