Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Some Common Misconceptions About Security - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Some Common Misconceptions About Security (477 Views)

Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) / Nigeria Is Secured, Stop Complaining About Security- Buratai / THINKING ABOUT SECURITY FOR YOUR HOME Or OFFICE? (check This) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Common Misconceptions About Security by Bertevan(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2017
As we go about our life the need for security comes to play. Today I will share with you some common misconceptions about security. Things that you have believed but are not really true.

A safe neighbourhood is good enough: it is advisable to live in safe neighbour however the question you must ask yourself is, Is it truly safe? Is it protected all the time? You should know that burglars and criminals do not care if your neighbourhood is safe. More importantly 8 out of 10 burglars live in the neighbour and most burglaries take place between 9am and 3pm when adults are at work. Also most kidnap cases are masterminded by family and friends. So besides living in a safe neighbourhood, you need other security measures to be truly safe.
Home security systems do not really deter criminals: Are you really sure about this? Researches say the opposite. Most cases criminal spotting home security devices will rather look for another target or another opportunity when those devices are not present.
I have a security dog: dogs are good for security they reduce your risk. However they can be swayed and distracted. They cannot also tell if a familiar face is about to commit a crime. This is another reason why you need security system installed around you home.
My personal computer has a safe password: One item that carries a lot of our personal information is our personal computer and smart phone. A long and complex password is good but cannot protect you from a determined hacker with one of the advance cracking software. Therefore beside a password, it is important you have an anti-virus installed in you device for surer protection.
I can’t trust the police to protect me. Most Nigerians can relate with this statement. With extortions, harassment and other vices carried out by some members of the police one will want to believe that that statement is true. However for every criminal police officer there are many genuine ones. So having a police emergency number is an important collection, better still you can allow Guardian Angel do that for you when you want to reach the police in time of emergency. Simply download our mobile app from you app store for free, and trust that we will always be there when you need us.

Live beyond these misconceptions and take your security personal.

Stay safe.

(1) (Reply)

31yrs Old Dare Yusuf Nabbed For Tricking People Who Think He Can Double Money / Suspected Man Murderd Shell Premises Arrested / One Dead As Police Rescues Graduate From ‘one Chance’ Robbers In Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.