Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

..... - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ..... (4126 Views)

What Are The First 5 Apps You Will Install When You Get A New Phone? / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) / My Gionee Phone Is In Guest Mode. How Do I Remove It? (FIXED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..... by kay29000(m): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2017
Hmm! Don't tamper with the phone too much o! Just return to where you bought it.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2017
Change the charging port
Re: ..... by rifasenate11(m): 9:32am On Nov 23, 2017
use the volume button to scroll to "normal mode" then use the power button to select it .. if it still doesn't work you return it.
Re: ..... by Taiwo20(m): 9:36am On Nov 23, 2017
lonikit:
yes, less than 3 hrs ago
o ti wo one change.
Re: ..... by Thewrath(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2017
Hhenryy:
One of the problems with the issue of non-removable Batteries. I don't like it, in fact it discouraged me from buying hot note back then. but now I have no choice as most phones now come with non-removable Batteries.

Early this week, my phone got stuck on alarm around 12am and was disturbing the whole neighborhood. i held down the power button for several minutes, nothing happened., i was frustrated, and didn't know what to do. After almost 20 mins of disturbance, it resolved.

I don't know why manufacturers now decide to make batteries non removable, they have forgotten that errors could occur and the phone can malfunction. I-phone started the trend., others started copying.

every phone has ''hard reboot'' button combination,search for yours and do it when ever your phone is not responsive,no need to remove battery.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 23, 2017
psucc:
And we still have SON in Nigeria

This country is a mess

So SON will check every single phone shipped into the country and turn them on? There is no company that makes phones or any products for that matter without some having factory defects. Moreover this is not even a fault, the op mistakingly put the phone in download or recovery mode, he just needs to use the volume up or down button to navigate to normal boot snd use power button to enter and phone will reboot.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 23, 2017
Hhenryy:
One of the problems with the issue of non-removable Batteries. I don't like it, in fact it discouraged me from buying hot note back then. but now I have no choice as most phones now come with non-removable Batteries.

Early this week, my phone got stuck on alarm around 12am and was disturbing the whole neighborhood. i held down the power button for several minutes, nothing happened., i was frustrated, and didn't know what to do. After almost 20 mins of disturbance, it resolved.

I don't know why manufacturers now decide to make batteries non removable, they have forgotten that errors could occur and the phone can malfunction. I-phone started the trend., others started copying.

There's always a way to soft reset a phone with non removable battery. Just press the volume down and power button for a few seconds, phone will turn off. Trust me if it doesn't work manufacturers will not keep making phones with non removable battery. The era of removable battery is dead, u got to live with that.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 23, 2017
I don't know why everyone is panicking. I don't think there's a problem with the phone, phone was mistakingly booted into download or recovery mode by button combination. Just use the volume button to scroll to normal mode and use the power button to confirm. Simple phone will boot normally.
Re: ..... by forghon: 11:56am On Nov 23, 2017
May b d Chinese guy dat assembled d phone was very high on agege weed. Try speaking chinese to d phone mention jackie chans name too
Re: ..... by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
Deelaw:

Have u tried recovery mode?
yea even flashing non worked.
Re: ..... by falcon01: 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
lonikit:
I bought Itel p51 newly dis evening. I tested it at the point of sale and it worked fyn. on getitin home I tried to on it but showing me this

select boot mode:
recovery mode
fast boot mode
normal mode
console mode

=fast mode...

pls help me, the bottons are not working and the battery is inbuilt. pls help me
calm down!
your phone has booted into loader wich is caused by one of these two a faulty charging port or the volume key is stucked.
my advice; since you bought it new dont tamper with anything just simply return it and ask for a better one or for a refund.
but if its a lie you didn't buy it new then reply me for solution.
Re: ..... by Hhenryy: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
Thewrath:

every phone has ''hard reboot'' button combination,search for yours and do it when ever your phone is not responsive,no need to remove battery.

What about the issue of battery replacement? An average lithium ion battery has a service life of about 1yr, depending on usage. You have to start looking for professionals just to carry out a battery replacement.

I hate opening up my phone, other components may even get damaged and render the phone useless in the process of the replacement, if the person is not careful enough.

All i see there is just business strategy. Meaning the average lifespan of a smartphone is now dependent on the battery, which is about 3yrs max if properly maintained with careful loading.

Also the battery may become obsolete due to the rate at which new products are introduced into the market, thereby forcing you to buy a new phone automatically. They are indirectly forcing us to upgrade yearly.
Re: ..... by Hhenryy: 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
greenhulk:

There's always a way to soft reset a phone with non removable battery. Just press the volume down and power button for a few seconds, phone will turn off. Trust me if it doesn't work manufacturers will not keep making phones with non removable battery. The era of removable battery is dead, u got to live with that.

What about the issue of battery replacement? An average lithium ion battery has a service life of about 1yr, depending on usage. You have to start looking for professionals just to carry out a battery replacement.

I hate opening up my phone, other components may even get damaged and render the phone useless in the process of the replacement, if the person is not careful enough.

All i see there is just business strategy. Meaning the average lifespan of a smartphone is now dependent on the battery, which is about 3yrs max if properly maintained with careful loading.

Also the battery may become obsolete due to the rate at which new products are introduced into the market, thereby forcing you to buy a new phone automatically. They are indirectly forcing us to upgrade yearly.
Re: ..... by techsparkhub: 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jumia Blackfriday 24th of November is near and there's gona be lot of people that will order things, don't be left out so i decided to prepare a blog post with tips attached and link required to purchase once it's 12am�
Discounts Starts from *12am*
Just *few hours* left to the blackfriday event

*JUMIA BLACKFRIDAY 2017 – UP TO 80% OFF DATE & TIPS TO WIN THE BLACK FRIDAY EVENT*
https://www.blackfridays.com.ng/jumia-blackfriday-2017/

Also learn how to make money on blackfridays
https://www.blackfridays.com.ng/make-money-black-fridays/

Kindly share the post to appreciate the write-ups�
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hhenryy:

Bros, I've replaced batteries on many of my phones and all of them are non removable batteries. This is more than just business strategy, yes there's nothing like having an extra battery in ur pocket to replace when ur battery runs down instead of carrying a power bank, but having a non removable battery is essential to building a phone of strong build quality that doesn't squeak. Especially now that many phones are coming with aluminium and glass build, u don't expect opening the back of a metal or glass phone that easily, its going to affect the build quality. Not to talk of water proofing. When the back of the phones become removable then defeats the need for waterproofing. You can see that phones with non removable batteries look sturdier than those with removable battery. A normal phone will last 3-5 yrs before the battery becomes unusable, enough time to replace the phone.. and the batteries are very much replaceable. If the display is replaceable why won't the battery?
Re: ..... by sureinfo: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2017
lonikit:
I bought Itel p51 newly dis evening. I tested it at the point of sale and it worked fyn. on getitin home I tried to on it but showing me this

select boot mode:
recovery mode
fast boot mode
normal mode
console mode

=fast mode...

pls help me, the bottons are not working and the battery is inbuilt. pls help me
LOL, what do u do? Go and sell it and by a phantom, lols
Re: ..... by tafat: 5:14am On Nov 26, 2017
sureinfo:

LOL, what do u do? Go and sell it and by a phantom, lols
Abi o, Mr adviser

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno LA6 Firmware By Gogeekish.com / Samsung Galaxy A10s Has Finally Received The Android 10 Update In Nigeria / Nokia XR20 - A Worthy Successor Of The Nokia 3310 After 2 Decades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.