Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

... - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ... (21235 Views)

Access Bank, Remita Introduce Salary Advance Scheme / How I Make N150,000 Monthly Doing Importation Biz In 2017 Using This 5 Tricks / Unveiling Makeover Mastery!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2017
Okay guys, here is something that needs to be addressed, which took many of us aback when it happened. We can't blame them much due to the way things have been going on.

Sometime in December or late November, KOS (Konga Online Shop) stopped Payment on Delivery service. This means that they will no longer help deliver your goods and collect money at the same time. Whatever that will be done should be Payment Before Delivery.

KOS is the most widely used courier service in Nigeria due to their wide distribution channel, others are just there and some only offer PH, Lagos and Abuja delivery.

Now, for those who sell on Konga and other marketplace, this might not be a problem but those like us who sell OFF such places, it is a huge problem.

We saw how a father, husband, son and brother lost his life and was thrown into a cesspit after he delivered iphone. We also can not blame Nigerians because we are criminal minded to an extend that we do not trust each other. I have sold domain names (off topic) worth millions of naira and in many of this instances, I have transferred the domain names to buyers before receiving payments and I have NEVER been defrauded. I do my due diligence though. Will I try same if I was dealing with Nigerians? NO NO NO NO... I wont.

Another scenario is the fact that nobody has met most of this Chinese agents that we are dealing with and we have never experience such as losing our money... at least, I have never heard anyone scream scam but will you send money to a Nigerian you have never met before? HARDLY.

So, what is the best way to solve this problem? The best way I can think of is get another phone, andriod phone and install whatsapp on it. This phone is strictly for business purpose. Now, when you run ads, tell them to contact you by whatsapp. The idea is to gain their trust and befriend them, answer all their questions. When you have gained their trust, you will be sure to get them to pay before delivery or you can encourage them to come pick it up if they have someone close to you.

Another angle is to build a website, a good website with enough trust badge (badges that instill trust and confidence) that they can pay online for whatever you are selling. Using payment processors like Vogue Pay and PayStack and their likes can help you handle this.

2 Likes

Re: ... by femieunice(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2017
2sexy tank u so much for this information,the good lord bless you.pls i really want to learn this business,pls lets talk,this is my number 08083058529,gmail:okolaforoluwafemi@gmail.com
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2017
femieunice:
2sexy tank u so much for this information,the good lord bless you.pls i really want to learn this business,pls lets talk,this is my number 08083058529,gmail:okolaforoluwafemi@gmail.com
The Nairaland server bounce the reply I sent.
Re: ... by izzou(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2017
2sexycom

God go surely bless you cool Its confirmed

I have a questions.

Concerning paying for your items on 1688, must it be converted to dollar and then naira again?

Why don't they allow direct conversion from Yuan to naira?
Re: ... by Fiverrguru: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2017
izzou:
2sexycom

I have a questions.

Concerning paying for your items on 1688, must it be converted to dollar and then naira again?

I have agent she will convet it to dollar
Re: ... by femieunice(m): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2017
2seyycom,pls can u send the contacts of your agent
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 10:25am On Dec 27, 2017
izzou:
2sexycom

I have a questions.

You pay in dollars. The conversion I did here is to make you know how much in dollars you will pay for any goods you wish to purchase. You pay your agent by paypal or payoneer, which is dollar payment.
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2017
femieunice:
2seyycom,pls can u send the contacts of your agent
Please check page 3 and 4 for it. Bianca is her name. You have to be patient with her though cos she is serving over 300 Nigerians already.
Re: ... by femieunice(m): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2017
oga 2seycom,i didnt see it on page 3&4,pls can you send it here,okolaforoluwafemi@gmail.com and i really want to learn from you,i am planning to start next month,do you have packages,like ebook,videos
Re: ... by jerryihejirika(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2017
Fastlinkpro:

Pls two question
those agent, do they charged commission for making payment for the Items?

2- Giving a Chines Agent money to make purchase of Goods and to Give a trust worthy Nigerian Shipper, which is better sir? Considering this factors, 1 Challenged of knowing a trustworthy Chines Agent except if you have mentioned one, 2 also communication barriers .

It's often better to use a registered import & export company in Nigeria with a physical address in the country as your agent. Check this out - https://gie.com.ng/china-procurement-services/
Re: ... by jerryihejirika(m): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2017
olushollys:
thanks so much for this life changing information. you mentioned sites like aliexpress.com and 1688.com I want to know if things are cheaper on 1688.com than alibaba.com because you did not mentioned alibaba.com at all or better still which Chinese web site can one buy stuff at the cheapest rate.
thanks

Things are cheaper on Alibaba and 1688 than on AliExpress because AliExpress was built for retailing or drop shipping purposes. If you want to buy at least 20pcs of an item, go and look for a manufacturer/supplier of the item on Alibaba or 1688. The main secret in getting good price is to negotiate with several manufacturers/suppliers via WhatsApp, WeChat or Skype. I have always gotten a reduced price via negotiations and it helps build relationship with the manufacturer/supplier. I also do help some clients in Nigeria buy cheaper and quality items on Alibaba and on 1688.

1 Like

Re: ... by Agimor(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
2sexycom:
Please check page 3 and 4 for it. Bianca is her name. You have to be patient with her though cos she is serving over 300 Nigerians already.
Seasonal greetings Boss. I would like to contact you though capital to start off yet. Here's my mail robisky2020@gmail.com
Re: ... by Fiverrguru: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
Agimor:
Seasonal greetings Boss. I would like to contact you though capital to start off yet. Here's my mail robisky2020@gmail.com
you right, I recently deal with her, she is do nice.
Re: ... by kejibabe(f): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
@2sexycom, you have answered all my questions very well by posting the links. although, you are yet to touch what most guru importers wont tell you
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2017
femieunice:
oga 2seycom,i didnt see it on page 3&4,pls can you send it here,okolaforoluwafemi@gmail.com and i really want to learn from you,i am planning to start next month,do you have packages,like ebook,videos
https://www.nairaland.com/4205874/2018-advance-importation-mastery-class/4#63457833
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Fiverrguru:

you right, I recently deal with her, she is do nice.
what is your mission here? If I see any cunning post from you again, it will be hidden.
Re: ... by FashionTrend: 11:32am On Dec 28, 2017
OP This people that can TALK are called marketers or what ?

2sexycom:
Best products to import

I am not going to tell the list of products that is the best to sell... but I am going to tell you how to think. Personally this is how I do mine. I will never sell wrist watches or shoes... it is too common. Rather, I would focus on what is not common. The best products to import are "Innovative, rare concepts and problem solvers"

Look at the image I have attached here. It is Car DVR.

Side note: The arrow in the image indicates the minimum they are willing to sell. Some starts at 1-NNN, while some start at 2-NNN or 5-NNN. Just make sure you go for one that suites the quantity that you can afford.

What are its qualities?

1. It is rare and not common
2. It is an almost new concept (almost because it is in Nigeria but not widely used)
3. It solves a problem.

Now, you will make boat loads of cash selling and fixing this thing in cars.

What if you can hit a contract with a big transport company in your area or locality to fix this DVR for every buses in their fleet? MILLIONS IN THE BANK... grin grin grin

Like I said in an answer before this type of model does not need huge capital. All you need is sample which comes with peanuts, then your mouth, leg and connection will do the rest.

If you don't have any of the above, package yourself well with a proposal in hand and submit. If you can't do this, get someone who can make it happen and pay him or her a commission for the job, after all, all he would do is just TALK... some people love to talk and are very bold to walk into any place.

The best deals are done offline, not online.
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
FashionTrend:
OP This people that can TALK are called marketers or what ?

not marketer but someone you can work with. Let it be someone that knows someone that knows someone. Like in the post you quoted...

If I want to do this, I will go to any of the managers of a transport company and of course he would be connected to the owner of the company... Then do some demos with dvr. Let him know he stand a chance to make some bucks. Let the offer be one he can't refuse. Don't be greedy. Take good care of the person and think long term while you relax.

Leave him to rest and watch the sale come to you. Deliver and smile to the bank.
Re: ... by captainogoh(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
[quote author=2sexycom post=63680572] not marketer but someone you can work with. Let it be someone that knows someone that knows someone. Like in the post you quoted...

If I want to do this, I will go to any of the managers of a transport company and of course he would be connected to the owner of the company... Then do some demos with dvr. Let him know he stand a chance to make some bucks. Let the offer be one he can't refuse. Don't be greedy. Take good care of the person and think long term while you relax.

Leave him to rest and watch the sale come to you.

Deliver and smile to the bank.

I love the last sentence= DELIVER AND SMILE TO THE BANK.
That is always my wish
Re: ... by aboutbiz: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2017
2sexycom:
not marketer but someone you can work with. Let it be someone that knows someone that knows someone. Like in the post you quoted...

Leave him to rest and watch the sale come to you. Deliver and smile to the bank.

Boss please i needyour help on the proposal preparation aspect. im ready to import the wrist watch. i will like to have your email sir or your number sir
Re: ... by aboutbiz: 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
i will like to share a product idea with you. i saw 1 hot tech product and it is light weight, it is just 40gram product, please send a mail. haykaybee4real@gmail.com
Re: ... by jerryihejirika(m): 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2017
izzou:
2sexycom

I have a questions.

You can convert from yuan or remimbi to naira. I think ¥1 is around 56naira now.
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
aboutbiz:

Boss please i needyour help on the proposal preparation aspect. im ready to import the wrist watch. i will like to have your email sir or your number sir
bros, I dropped a link already. Follow what you see there.
Re: ... by 2sexycom(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
aboutbiz:
i will like to share a product idea with you. i saw 1 hot tech product and it is light weight, it is just 40gram product, please send a mail. haykaybee4real@gmail.com
I replied all your pms, why you didn't see them still baffles me. Anyway, I will try to contact you via dos email
Re: ... by bamisefarms: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
Apart from PayPal and payoneer ,how can I pay for items in China?
Re: ... by izzou(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
2sexycom

I don show again cool

I looked for an item on alibaba and aliexpress and I found it there but I can't find the same item on 1688.

I have tried typing it exactly and differently in the search tab,but I can't find it sad

Do you have any tips for searching aright on 1688?
Re: ... by Sikay19(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
2sexycom:
Okay guys, here is something that needs to be addressed, which took many of us aback when it happened. We can't blame them much due to the way things have been going on.

Sometime in December or late November, KOS (Konga Online Shop) stopped Payment on Delivery service. This means that they will no longer help deliver your goods and collect money at the same time. Whatever that will be done should be Payment Before Delivery.

KOS is the most widely used courier service in Nigeria due to their wide distribution channel, others are just there and some only offer PH, Lagos and Abuja delivery.

Now, for those who sell on Konga and other marketplace, this might not be a problem but those like us who sell OFF such places, it is a huge problem.

We saw how a father, husband, son and brother lost his life and was thrown into a cesspit after he delivered iphone. We also can not blame Nigerians because we are criminal minded to an extend that we do not trust each other. I have sold domain names (off topic) worth millions of naira and in many of this instances, I have transferred the domain names to buyers before receiving payments and I have NEVER been defrauded. I do my due diligence though. Will I try same if I was dealing with Nigerians? NO NO NO NO... I wont.

Another scenario is the fact that nobody has met most of this Chinese agents that we are dealing with and we have never experience such as losing our money... at least, I have never heard anyone scream scam but will you send money to a Nigerian you have never met before? HARDLY.

So, what is the best way to solve this problem? The best way I can think of is get another phone, andriod phone and install whatsapp on it. This phone is strictly for business purpose. Now, when you run ads, tell them to contact you by whatsapp. The idea is to gain their trust and befriend them, answer all their questions. When you have gained their trust, you will be sure to get them to pay before delivery or you can encourage them to come pick it up if they have someone close to you.

Another angle is to build a website, a good website with enough trust badge (badges that instill trust and confidence) that they can pay online for whatever you are selling. Using payment processors like Vogue Pay and PayStack and their likes can help you handle this.

Please,I have been trying to send you mail but couldn't reach. kindly send me your WhatsApp number to this number 07031999830 or Email sikay19@gmail.com , thanks!
Re: ... by snazzy5050(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello please I was wondering if you’re an importer and u dnt reside in lagos but intend to sell in Konga and Jumia how can one go about this please
Re: ... by barikay: 7:48am On Dec 30, 2017
aboutbiz:

@2sexy. After presenting your proposal to an organization/company won't they ask of your registration with CAC since they will be paying in advance?
Re: ... by Samogbo1(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2017
snazzy5050:
Hello please I was wondering if you’re an importer and u dnt reside in lagos but intend to sell in Konga and Jumia how can one go about this please

I'm fully into e-commerce trading... I'm based in Ikeja, Lagos. I can help U if u r serious!

Samogbo4real@gmail.com
Re: ... by Samogbo1(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2017
@2sexy, I must say u r really a guy with a large heart... Though I've crossed majority of the steps u listed above years bk but breaking even on best selling items has always been a set back as most of d prod I import are mostly rampant.
But going through ur post, I'm highly motivated cos u were able to pin point d exact glitch dat I've been having which is highly focused on standing out from d crowd. I must commend ur effort. To d newbies, based on my 2yrs experience in d game, indeed below are d surest way to breakthrough in mini-importatn:

1. It is rare and not common
2. It is an almost new concept (almost because it is in Nigeria but not widely used)
3. It solves a problem.

Do u have good items/goods u intend to resell via Jumia n Konga but u r having logistics or distance barrier, dont worry anymore, simply chat or mail me so we can talk at length, I've got a 2yrs vendor experience on both platforms. I can help U resell, educate, train n ensure good stock deliveries. Get in touch with me via below contacts...

Samogbo4real4real@gmail.com
Re: ... by snazzy5050(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2017
Samogbo1:

I'm fully into e-commerce trading... I'm based in Ikeja, Lagos. I can help U if u r serious!

Samogbo4real@gmail.com
thanks bro pls check ur mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kerosene Business In Nigeria: Requirements And How To Get Started / STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture / Bank Customers, Investors Shun Deposits For Treasury Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.