Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,830 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion (882 Views)

Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? / Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by jdluv(f): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
Though I am not perfect in writing articles but I have taken time to notice that church planting is one of the less planned move."Anywhere does it' has caused churches to spread about like litters. For example so weeks back a pentcostal church rented a space around my area to my surprise they started preparin for service but during the morning visit to people around they gotto know that because the structure was located under a powerline the previous owner hadto vacate, due tothe fact that his association askd him to.
But the church rentd the space causeit doesnot matter.
Even pharmacies have laws guidin location and distance between each store but the church has none.
You can imagine in a building you might find 4 churches, how
willthe Members cope with the different sounds from speakers...,the neighbours? how do you expect them To cope with different sounds especially during fridays which is Common for vigils.I hope the appropriate persons will help correct this . I drop my pen
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
I agree with you , there are not more than 4 churches close to my house and the one closest to me which is the next house .The noise most expecially Friday nights is just defying .. Large speakers everywhere I’m just tired . Government should look into this ..
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by uboma(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
Churches should be sited on commercial areas and leave residential areas.

the noise pollution created by Churches should be checked as it is unhealthy and insensitive of the church leaders.
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by jdluv(f): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
YOUNGELDER1:
I agree with you , there are not more than 4 churches close to my house and the one closest to me which is the next house .The noise most expecially Friday nights is just defying .. Large speakers everywhere I’m just tired . Government should look into this ..
my worse experience is this new church that just got startd beside my family hospital the speaker are spoilin market for the hospital
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by YOUNGELDER1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
jdluv:
my worse experience is this new church that just got startd beside my family hospital the speaker are spoilin market for the hospital

Too bad .. Maybe talk to the Church ..
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by IdeyFindWife: 3:01am On Jan 05, 2018
jdluv:

Yet, sick people also need their quietness, rest and a healthily conducive environment to survive, eh?

And if you talk small now...somebody somewhere will be attacking you with "...touch not my anointed...!"

So, are we saying that God is not interested in the health of those patients too? Everything ought to be moderated. The Bible espouses moderation, Nigerian church, we've carried some things too far and it's not helping matters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 05, 2018
jdluv:
Though I am not perfect in writing articles but I have taken time to notice that church planting is one of the less planned move."Anywhere does it' has caused churches to spread about like litters. For example so weeks back a pentcostal church rented a space around my area to my surprise they started preparin for service but during the morning visit to people around they gotto know that because the structure was located under a powerline the previous owner hadto vacate, due tothe fact that his association askd him to.
But the church rentd the space causeit doesnot matter.
Even pharmacies have laws guidin location and distance between each store but the church has none.
You can imagine in a building you might find 4 churches, how
willthe Members cope with the different sounds from speakers...,the neighbours? how do you expect them To cope with different sounds especially during fridays which is Common for vigils.I hope the appropriate persons will help correct this . I drop my pen
Noted.
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 05, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Yet, sick people also need their quietness, rest and a healthily conducive environment to survive, eh?

And if you talk small now...somebody somewhere will be attacking you with "...touch not my anointed...!"

So, are we saying that God is not interested in the health of those patients too? Everything ought to be moderated. The Bible espouses moderation, Nigerian church, we've carried some things too far and it's not helping matters.
Noted . I think they should have residential area for churches. Not just churches but those that constitute noise pollution. They should be located somewhere else

1 Like

Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by udatso: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2018
Let's be honest with ourselves. Should fg make a move as such, many will cry persecution. Even without fg, CAN is supposed to address this issue but instead they are busy accusing fg of islamisation agenda.

Its so sad that in this country, religious leaders have found a way to use the people to fight against those trying to make their lives better.
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by 2special(m): 6:19am On Jan 06, 2018
sorry u have not see anything yet
Re: We Need A Law Controlling Distance Between Church Locations-my Opinion by Uyi168: 10:11am On Jan 06, 2018
my street alone,one small tiny street like that o,there are over 5churches...just dnt talk abt the noise pollution,we already used to it..

(1) (Reply)

How 200,000 Muslims Converted To Christianity In TL Osbornes Camp Meeting / Anointing For Victory By Pastor E.a Adeboye / Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.