Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,106 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:00 AM

ECU And Key Reprogramming - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ECU And Key Reprogramming (2406 Views)

Reprogramming After Gear Oil Change V6 / ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems / LANDROVER 4 Experts Attention Needed On Reprogramming...solution?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
I have a grounded 2006 Cadillac cts with the fault codes; U1300. P0318, P1629. After much enquiry, I was told to change the ecu, complete key unit (transponder key and cylinder). But the issue now is who and where can I program these parts? I'm yet to find anyone who will be able to do this. Thanks
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by OPUSDEI1(m): 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
Where is your location?
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by mayor2013: 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
kenedy175:
I have a grounded 2006 Cadillac cts with the fault codes; U1300. P0318, P1629. After much enquiry, I was told to change the ecu, complete key unit (transponder key and cylinder). But the issue now is who and where can I program these parts? I'm yet to find anyone who will be able to do this. Thanks

I would be able to programme it. Call 08165520837 or 08165520837
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
OPUSDEI1:
Where is your location?
Umuahia
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by OPUSDEI1(m): 11:08am On Dec 17, 2017
If you can get the complete working unit of Immobilizer, key and ECU, from another vehicle of same specification with yours, it doesn't require any other programming to start your vehicle after installation.

But if any component is missing from the complete set, then you will require programming to match them before your vehicle will start.

I strongly believe you can get the complete set in Umuahia, otherwise try Mgbuka Obosi and as a last resort Lagos.
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
OPUSDEI1:
If you can get the complete working unit of Immobilizer, key and ECU, from another vehicle of same specification with yours, it doesn't require any other programming to start your vehicle after installation.

But if any component is missing from the complete set, then you will require programming to match them before your vehicle will start.

I strongly believe you can get the complete set in Umuahia, otherwise try Mgbuka Obosi and as a last resort Lagos.
Thanks for your response. The vehicle in question is a cadillac cts base 2006. Getting all these parts from a particular car will be very difficult. But I could still place an order for the parts which will definitely not come from a particular car. Now that's the issue at hand. I have tried alot of automobile shops in umuahia and to no avail... please who and where is Mgbuka Obosi?
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
OPUSDEI1:

Does this also work for opel cars like changing the whole unit won't require programming.
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by mayor2013: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
O[url][/url]
tensazangetsu20:

Does this also work for opel cars like changing the whole unit won't require programming.

Not all cars would accept this
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by baconline(m): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
Its not a big deal to program the replacement parts but it could have electrical issues to start with that why u thought changing those modules will solve the program. A GM tech2 will come in handy. Also check your fuse box as the failure could come from there
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
baconline:
Its not a big deal to program the replacement parts but it could have electrical issues to start with that why u thought changing those modules will solve the program. A GM tech2 will come in handy. Also check your fuse box as the failure could come from there
The car has been at the workshop for more than 4 months now. So I believe the auto mechanics must have checked and done everything possible before telling me to get those parts... This is the problem of getting these American cars. Parts are scarce and not many guys can fix it. Still open for suggestions. Thanks
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by OPUSDEI1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
kenedy175:

Thanks for your response. The vehicle in question is a cadillac cts base 2006. Getting all these parts from a particular car will be very difficult. But I could still place an order for the parts which will definitely not come from a particular car. Now that's the issue at hand. I have tried alot of automobile shops in umuahia and to no avail... please who and where is Mgbuka Obosi?

The idea of replacing the complete set is either to avoid the issue of programming or if the diagnosis was not able to isolate what part is faulty. From the codes you posted, most likely the VTD (vehicle theft deterrent) module is the problem or in some cases the ECM. If you are unable to get the complete set, then source for the VTD or ECU, with a guarantee and have it programmed. (Cadillac key programming for many models can be done without a machine, so I find it hard to believe that there's no technician in Umuahia and environs as far as PH to program it, otherwise get in touch with Mayor2013)

Mgbuka Obosi is the used spare parts market in Onitsha, Anambra state.
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
OPUSDEI1:

The idea of replacing the complete set is either to avoid the issue of programming or if the diagnosis was not able to isolate what part is faulty. From the codes you posted, most likely the VTD (vehicle theft deterrent) module is the problem or in some cases the ECM. If you are unable to get the complete set, then source for the VTD or ECU, with a guarantee and have it programmed. (Cadillac key programming for many models can be done without a machine, so I find it hard to believe that there's no technician in Umuahia and environs as far as PH to program it, otherwise get in touch with Mayor2013)

Mgbuka Obosi is the used spare parts market in Onitsha, Anambra state.
Thanks for your expert advise. I'm already in contact with Sir Mayor. You are right. The reason I was told to get all parts from a particular car is to avoid the issue of programming. Been not a very popular car, getting the parts from a particular car will be very difficult. With everything been equal and with the assurance that the car will be okay if those parts are gotten, I'll be placing an order for an ecu and transponder key with the cylinder. In the whole of Umuahia, nobody said they could program the ecu... the technicians also checked Lagos and siad the parts couldn't be found. Getting the part now isn't the problem. Programming is the problem. that's why I'm here.
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by baconline(m): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
If it has a pk3 stamped on the key u can't do d key programming manually.ask your mech to look for someone with tech2 ,checking the parameters of the car will give them a clear case what the issue is b4 u scrap the parts
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
baconline:
If it has a pk3 stamped on the key u can't do d key programming manually.ask your mech to look for someone with tech2 ,checking the parameters of the car will give them a clear case what the issue is b4 u scrap the parts
It's a pk3. Please what's a tech2?
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by baconline(m): 10:33am On Dec 18, 2017
kenedy175:

It's a pk3. Please what's a tech2?
A GM tech2 is the dealer tool used for all GM cars. It gives a more detailed analysis for such cars.
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 7:03am On Dec 19, 2017
Op I could order the ECU set for you but you will have to wait for a month at least for it to arrive
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
CHISPAREPARTS:
Op I could order the ECU set for you but you will have to wait for a month at least for it to arrive
Thanks for your contribution on this topic. Ordering the part isn't the problem. It's programming and making sure it works. Except you can order the ecu and complete key unit from a particular car
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
kenedy175:

Thanks for your contribution on this topic. Ordering the part isn't the problem. It's programming and making sure it works. Except you can order the ecu and complete key unit from a particular car

Only the brain box. You van get an ecu technician easily In lagos.
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by kenedy175(m): 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
CHISPAREPARTS:

Only the brain box. You van get an ecu technician easily In lagos.
Getting the 2 items together will be better. I have already made contact with Mr. Mayor concerning the programming of the parts and he was assuring. Programming is the issue
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by HyundaiMechco: 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
l can do the programme for you, am formal staff of General Motors of Nigeria. you can call me on 09099298813
Re: ECU And Key Reprogramming by apollotan: 3:16am On May 14, 2019
[url=http://www.gdxf.gov.cn/index.php?keywords=%3Ca+href=%22https://www.chinaobd2.com/wholesale/gm-tech2-gm-diagnostic-scanner.html%22%3EGM+Tech2%3C/a%3E&c=search]GM Tech2[/url] is the dealer tool used for all GM cars

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Reflective Stickers Again / Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil / Hard Starting On 2009 Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.