Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Avoid Vs Afford And Avoid Vs Evade: Any Difference? A Must Read! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Avoid Vs Afford And Avoid Vs Evade: Any Difference? A Must Read! (612 Views)

Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle / Transcripts Vs Statement Of Result.......any Difference? / Certificate Of Origin/identification Letter. Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Vs Afford And Avoid Vs Evade: Any Difference? A Must Read! by Vistakademia(m): 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2017
Under our Common Errors Category. I would like to show you by this post some words that most users of English confuse due to lack of proper understanding of what they mean and how to use them. It was the German Physicist, Werner Heisenberg who said, 'An expert is someone who knows some of the worst mistakes that can be made in his subject, and how to avoid them'. So let us learn some of the mistakes people make with these words and avoid them.

Avoid vs Afford and Avoid vs Evade: Any Difference?

Many users of English as a Second Language, especially in Nigeria, confuse these words. They use 'avoid' in the place of 'afford' and vice-versa. It is more of a problem of mother tongue interference or accent. Understanding clearly the meanings of 'avoid' and 'afford' will prevent this confusion.

Read more on this educative post at: https://akademia.com.ng/avoid-vs-afford-avoid-vs-evade-difference/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

DIFFERENT BETWEEN CREATION OF JOB AND EMPLOYMENT / Free Online Training For Html/css, Javascript, Jquery, Mysql, Php, Java, Android / 300L UNIPORT Student Splits Her Roommate’s Nose (graphics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.