Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Is It True? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It True? (593 Views)

Ibliss, Shaytan, Is Not An Angel From The Begining. Is It True? / Is It True That Ramadan Starts On Sunday 29 June 2014???? / Stoning The Devil In Mecca! Is It True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True? by manmustwac(m): 1:39am On Apr 06, 2010
i heard yesterday on BBC World Service that according to Islam a man can marry a woman over the internet or even over the phone is it true?
Re: Is It True? by muhsin(m): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2010
NO.

Marriage only takes place in the presence of witnesses (waliy) from the side of both the prospective husban and the wife's family. And that could not happen via phone or internet, could it?

Any way, the Imam might not have just put it that way. Let hear the details, right?
Re: Is It True? by chakula: 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
contrary with islam teaching
Re: Is It True? by jesus3: 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2010
muhsin:

NO.

Marriage only takes place in the presence of witnesses (waliy) from the side of both the prospective husban and the wife's family. And that could not happen via phone or internet, could it?

Any way, the Imam might not have just put it that way. Let hear the details, right?

I would like to know if the widow mohammad married had her family present before she got married to mohammad
Re: Is It True? by manmustwac(m): 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2010
muhsin:

NO.

well am sure i heard on bbc radio that according to islam you can marry over the phone but according to the link below i guess am wrong.

Its about an indian cricket star who married a woman over the telephone and wants to have the wedding anulled because the pictures that she sent him before the wedding was her but somebody else. And he now wants to mary a tennis star

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8603668.stm

(1) (Reply)

My Beloved ( Awesome) / Is Islam A Violent Religion / MSSN B-ZONE Mini IVC Holds Between 28th March - 1st April, 2013.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.