Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? (1349 Views)

Governor Makinde Pays N180m Gratuity To 2013 Retirees In Oyo / Governor Makinde Pays Gratuity And Pensions In Oyo / Children Text Governor Bagudu To Pay Father's Gratuity, Detained By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
My former company (names withheld for now) has refused to pay my gratuity close to 4 months now. I voluntarily resigned and wasn't sacked or my appointment terminated.

Yes! I am entitled to payoff according to the company's policy of working for more than 5 years. The HR manager mailed me last year on the amount i should be expecting but didn't state when, even though he orally said i should be able to get it within 1 month of my exit. I have contacted the CEO, HRM and the Finance department through calls, sms, and mails, (because i urgently need the money for my tuition fees abroad) but they have all gone unanswered.

The company did not also remit my deducted pensions to my PFA for more than 2 years, which i told them too.

I am writing this now to seek a public opinion first, before doing a rejoinder in my next post with full details of company names and names of people involved with evidences of mails/sms and their correspondence.

Please lawyers and Labour Leaders in the house, what does the law say about delayed payment of Gratuity?

Lalasticlala, Mynd44 and OAM4J....what steps should i take? I need help.
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by bloodmoneyspita: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2018
Oga things dey hard everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
Mynd44, biko help a soul and push to FP.
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by bloodmoneyspita: 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2018
lalasticlala mynd44 oam4j

1 Like

Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
You guys should help me nah
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by sparkleboy(m): 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
lonelydora:
You guys should help me nah
Contact a lawyer to file a complaint at the National Industrial COURT
I'm a lawyer too. wink

1 Like

Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
sparkleboy:

Contact a lawyer to file a complaint at the National Industrial COURT
I'm a lawyer too. wink

Case closed

2 Likes

Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
lonelydora:

Case closed

Hi. Please i sent a pm. I have a 25% pension withdrawal pending with pencom for approval and i read a post somewhere u mentioned u have a contact. Could u please assisst with the contact number let me atleast find out whats causing the delay. Their official numbers dont ever go through
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
theoptimist298:

Hi. Please i sent a pm. I have a 25% pension withdrawal pending with pencom for approval and i read a post somewhere u mentioned u have a contact. Could u please assisst with the contact number let me atleast find out whats causing the delay. Their official numbers dont ever go through

Yes. Their official number doesn't go. I will send you an email

1 Like

Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
lonelydora:

Yes. Their official number doesn't go. I will send you an email

Thanks soo much for this! I await

1 Like

Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
theoptimist298:

Thanks soo much for this! I await

Check your email. I sent the emails
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
lonelydora:

Check your email. I sent the emails

Received. God bless you. I would do as advised. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
theoptimist298:

Received. God bless you. I would do as advised. Thanks!

Amen
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by 1forall: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
lonelydora,

How did this go? Did you manage to get a solution?
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by helinues: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Law in Nigeria?

Abeg make I sleep small
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
1forall:
lonelydora,

I will tell you later
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by Gentlebabs(m): 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
If your employers were not remitting your deductions, is it against the PRA 2014 (As amended) and is punishable by law.

If you have been out of service for 4 months and can prove that to your PFA, you are entitled to 25% of the amount in your RSA Account.

If you are up to 50years, you can proceed to your PFA to access your lump sum of minimum 25% and maximum 50% of your total contributions. The balance in your RSA Account will be used for either Programmed withdrawal with your PFA or Annuity from a licensed Life Insurance company, empowered to offer Annuity.

If you really feel your rights have been infringed upon afterwards, please write to the Consumer Protection Council to lay your complaint with evidence. They are very effective. Then copy Pencom also.

Best of success.
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by lonelydora: 4:34am On Jun 23, 2019
1forall:
lonelydora,

With my lawyer, I wrote to Pencom. Come and see how fast they paid all (how they managed to squeeze it in my statement baffled me) the deducted pension.

They later paid my gratuity after 7 months when we threatened to go to court. They were giving excuses of no good sales for a number of months.

But in all, I give thanks to God. They are even one of my biggest customers in my business
Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by 1forall: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2019
lonelydora,

Good to know! Was just curious to know if and how you managed to get a resolution afterall.

On a side note, I sent you a PM days ago, please check.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In A River In Ogun State / Preliminary Investigation On Lawal Daura, Sacked DSS Boss / Gov. Yahaya Bello Buys Presidential Form For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.