Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE (863 Views)

What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / Difference Between Successful And Unsuccessful People (Photo) / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE by Ajmuluq(m): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
This is an interesting one. We know what we’re saying, yet when we write, we get both words mixed up. In fact, there shouldn’t be a confusion because the words are not even homophones . They are pronounced a little differently. One is spelt with a “ v ” and the other with an “ f “.

save (v.) – to keep (there are other meanings as well)

safe (adj.) – not in danger, protected

Examples:

I had to "SAFE" myself because the fire could not be extinguished. (X)

I had to "SAVE" myself because the fire could not be extinguished. (√)

They are now "SAVE" from the horrible weather. (X)

They are now "SAFE" from the horrible weather. (√)

Now that you know the difference, make sure you save
your money in a safe place. Make sure you know how to spell the word correctly. Often what you speak is not what you write. Isn’t English interesting?
Re: Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE by billynoni(m): 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
And please enlighten this people the difference between "avoid" and "afford,then "am" and "i'm".
Re: Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
billynoni:
And please enlighten this people the difference between "avoid" and "afford,then "am" and "i'm".

cheesy grin

And also

"Being and been" grin
Most Nairalanders seem not to know where and how to use them grin

U see them using it anyhow grin
Re: Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE by billynoni(m): 11:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

cheesy grin

And also
"Being and been" grin Most Nairalanders seem not to know where and how to use them grin
And the thing can be so annoying ehn....
Re: Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE by judgedredd22(m): 7:03am On Jan 23, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

cheesy grin

And also

"Being and been" grin
Most Nairalanders seem not to know where and how to use them grin

Re: Difference Between SAVE Vs SAFE by Ablyz(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2018
When to use would and will?

(1) (Reply)

UTME : Print Notification Slip From March 6, JAMB Tells Candidates / Studying In Denmark / Final Year UNIBEN Student Dies In His Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.