Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,434 members, 7,954,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1177 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by ogtavia(m): 4:03am On Apr 16, 2010
Re: . by jumobi1(m): 4:17am On Apr 16, 2010
Okonjo. Have u seen her house? And its built with honest money. Her Salary plus allowance is >> than Nigeria's prez. That's why OBJ paid her more than other ministers until they rebelled as if they weren't stealing already.
Re: . by becomricha: 4:25am On Apr 16, 2010
The president of Nigeria makes more money than the President of the USA. Not to talk of MD world bank. Do you know what President of Nigeria budget goes into thier account.     council member make more money than the President of the USA. No chairman of local govt, who agree to leave in Obama house in Chicago. Can people show them chairman house in nigeria.

tell me what percentage. ?
Re: . by ogtavia(m): 4:26am On Apr 16, 2010
@becomricha,i said barring corruption or stealing.talking of salary who earns more
Re: . by becomricha: 4:29am On Apr 16, 2010
You no know anything Iweala is ready to leave world bank and become secretary to a governor in Nigeria.  The secretary to governor makes more money than Iweala. .
Re: . by ogtavia(m): 5:09am On Apr 16, 2010
@becomricha,lets be more pragmatic here,okonjo to governor's secretary.guy be serious.i am talking of honest money. basic salary.rememba okonjo is paid in hard currency.
Re: . by becomricha: 5:53am On Apr 16, 2010
If Iweala show you her Tax percentage. Then you would know she does not make money.

If you make $100,000. you tax is above 40% over here. So really you are making less than $60,000, but in Nigeria you nearly get back nearly all the $100,000
Re: . by nethacker(m): 6:26am On Apr 16, 2010
becomricha:

If Iweala show you her Tax percentage. Then you would know she does not make money.

If you make $100,000. you tax is above 40% over here. So really you are making less than $60,000, but in Nigeria you nearly get back nearly all the $100,000
oga 40% shocked shocked shocked for where ooo? and y do we file for tax return around april every year? tell me somthin else but not abt TAX.=== WTF angry
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2010
nethacker:

oga 40% shocked shocked shocked for where ooo? and y do we file for tax return around april every year? tell me somthin else but not abt TAX.=== WTF angry

File Tax RETURN? Not everyone gets a Tax RETURN each year. SOme people ACTUALLY OWE at the end of the year.
Re: . by becomricha: 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2010
If  michelle obama  I can tell you. she would agree to run for president of nigeria. I am laughing to dead over here. They rob the people to dead in nigeria. That why , the probability of a nigerian been killed in a road accident is lower than the president of nigeria been killed.

The probability of the president of nigeria been killed is higher than a nigeria been killed by bullet.

Re: . by wirinet(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2010
Poster, it is a no brainer, you can never compare the money made by a Nigerian president (legitimately with in-built corruption), with any other president in the world not to talk a a minnow like a world bank vice president. Even a governor earns much more. There is something called "SECURITY VOTE" built into our laws, it is an amount of money collected monthly by the president and the governors, allegedly for security purposes, which is not subject to any scrutiny by any body. It is beyond the reach of legislators and the courts. The money is spent at the discretion of the president or the governor. Most governors get over N50 Million every month as security vote. The president's security vote runs into billions monthly. Yara dua was said to have incurred over N70 Billion for the 4 months he was in Saudi Arabia as security vote. I am sure that is more than Okonjo Iweala can earn in her entire carrer working for the world bank.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Won't Support Wyclef -pras Michel / Plateau Crisis: Wife Of Special Task Force Commander Murdered ! / Telecommunications Jobs Interview Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.