Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / . (2228 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Readonee35L(m): 3:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
Y
Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
smiley
Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2018
Still available
Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
Come and buy kiss
Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 6:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
shocked
Re: . by Cosplay: 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
Readonee35L:
Non Accidental.
Buy and Drive.
Toks.
Everything Works Perfectly.
Inspect and Pay.
3m

0905 782 0493

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cosplay: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
Readonee35L:
Non Accidental.
Buy and Drive.
Toks.
Everything Works Perfectly.
Inspect and Pay.
3m

0905 782 0493

This corolla VIN 1NXBU4EEXAZ251302 had a salvage title with Flood damage.

4 Likes

Re: . by Cosplay: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2018

Re: . by Cosplay: 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
Caveat Emptor.

1 Like

Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2018
Re: . by Cosplay: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
I see. So if you were aware of the condition you’d just ‘tear the paper’? And proceed with the non disclosures?

Good to know.

As for not knowing the flooded status and not having the VIN, that’s your responsibility. You say you just received the photos today. Well you put them up so it’s your responsibility to ensure that a post is as advertised.

1 Like

Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cosplay:
I see. So if you were aware of the condition you’d just ‘tear the paper’? And proceed with the non disclosures?

Good to know.

As for not knowing the flooded status and not having the VIN, that’s your responsibility. You say you just received the photos today. Well you put them up so it’s your responsibility to ensure that a post is as advertised.
What i'm telling you is.
If I'm trying to disguise the car as non flooded.
Won't i tear of the copart tag.?

Good reasoning. And thanks for pointing out the odd.

Kindly take down the post and pictures while i delete this thread.

1 Like

Re: . by thebigkendo(m): 8:29am On Feb 09, 2018
Demeanors pray!!!!! shun

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo, Timifakay
Re: . by Cosplay: 8:48am On Feb 09, 2018
Readonee35L:

What i'm telling you is.
If I'm trying to disguise the car as non flooded.
Won't i tear of the copart tag.?

Good reasoning. And thanks for pointing out the odd.

Kindly take down the post and pictures while i delete this thread.

Noted
Re: . by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2018
thebigkendo:
Demeanors pray!!!!! shun

Ban.ky3w, chu.kel, comput.erglobal, Dipor.tivo, erico2.k2, Gazzu.zz, honmu.sa, Kingre.ign, LeJeu.n3, Mayor20.13, nure.y, Obekediamon.dfuto, Princeto.m1, thebigke.ndo, Timif.akay

“I am maniacally bewildered, overgassted
and flabberwhelmed at the paraplegic
crinkum crankum that characterised corrola advert culminating in an odoriferous
saga cum gargantuan gaga! The jiggery
pokery of readone35L in crowning the corrola as cleaned title while leaving out the flood damage
is a veritable bugaboo that must be
pooh-poohed by all compos mentis homo
sapiens!

Alas! He has owed up to the misinterpretations and should be given a second chance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cosplay: 9:06am On Feb 09, 2018
I think we should all just be careful with car purchases this year. Irma wreaked a lot of havoc and tons of those cars are Nigeria bound, if they haven’t arrived already. Tons of unscrupulous dealers will also be eager to tag them ‘non accicdental’ for easy sales. Flood damage is probably the worst sort of damage. It’s insidious and unpredictable.

We should make VIN checks a permanent part of adverts here. Would go a long way in checking this trend.

Ignorance of defects in your merchandise isn’t really a tenable excuse. It takes one bad egg to spoil the crate.

1 Like

Re: . by thebigkendo(m): 9:29am On Feb 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

“I am maniacally bewildered, overgassted
and flabberwhelmed at the paraplegic
crinkum crankum that characterised corrola advert culminating in an odoriferous
saga cum gargantuan gaga! The jiggery
pokery of readone35L in crowning the corrola as cleaned title while leaving out the flood damage
is a veritable bugaboo that must be
pooh-poohed by all compos mentis homo
sapiens!

Alas! He has owed up to the misinterpretations and should be given a second chance.

You have take that thing this early morning abi?

1 Like

Re: . by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:10am On Feb 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

You have take that thing this early morning abi?

no power fashioned against Baba's original origin can prosper..... what is settled in ogba is settled in ifako ijaiye!

cosplay I cannot begin to express my gratitude. we need more analytical people like u here on nl! a lot of dealers have sworn their lives to this deceit- cause!

that being said, readonee doesn't seem like a desperate; get the money by all means kinda guy, he was decent enough to take back all his comments!

but we need to be on the watchout .... we can sanitize this environment.... yes we can!!!!

cc princetom1
Re: . by diportivo: 11:20am On Feb 09, 2018
Cosplay:
I think we should all just be careful with car purchases this year. Irma wreaked a lot of havoc and tons of those cars are Nigeria bound, if they haven’t arrived already. Tons of unscrupulous dealers will also be eager to tag them ‘non accicdental’ for easy sales. Flood damage is probably the worst sort of damage. It’s insidious and unpredictable.

We should make VIN checks a permanent part of adverts here. Would go a long way in checking this trend.

Ignorance of defects in your merchandise isn’t really a tenable excuse. It takes one bad egg to spoil the crate.

who exactly are u sir??

5 Likes

Re: . by johnabraham: 12:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
You have take that thing this early morning abi?[/quote]

grin
Re: . by banky3w(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
On behalf of Demeanour's association of Nairaland [DAN], we are considering giving you a second chance to always come clean and non-flooded grin grin. You are under microscopic observation henceforth by the observatory......

2 Likes

Re: . by LeJeun3: 10:38pm On Feb 10, 2018

Readonee35L my man! grin

We still dey together.

Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
Smh.
Re: . by aieromon(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2018
The title of that ride is badder than the late Michael Jackson.

The auction tag is left on the shield to highlight it's ""Tokunbo" status. Unscrupulous elements now know that monitoring spirits can track the status of a ride using the auction tag and will start tearing it off.

I pity the lucky buyer of the ride.
Re: . by aieromon(m): 6:18am On Feb 11, 2018
Cosplay:

That is the responsibility of the buyer and very few people are willing to pay for the service.
Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2018
aieromon:

That is the responsibility of the buyer and very few people are willing to pay for the service.
That guy keeps going up and down like i actually forced the car down his throat .

I already told him ( cosplay ) that i want to take down the add and he should delete his posts but he refused.

I am a demeanor, and when i see adverts with wrong pecks i always voice out. But i thread softly and gather legit info.

Car was sent to me as a matter of urgency and it needed to be sold.
The last thing i could think of is flood.
This car was driven directly from the port and it had no accident or dent. Which made me know its non accidented .

If i knew it was a flooded car and i want to disguise it. Am i so foolish not to tear of the copart lot number on the windshield??
Or his he psychic to know where the car came from?

B4 going full james bond and acting like the calvary. He could have queried the advert. And the necessary info would be provided.

Theres no where it says flooded cars cant be sold. Americans buy thousands of flooded cars back from the auction. Inspect and replace faulty parts if needed. And resell them with a salvage title.

Even your enthusiast mechanic of Cartalk also imported and sold a flood corolla about 1-2 months ago.

P.s Car was inspected and discovered the water didnt even get into the cabin and was actually totalled because of the flood claim and high mile.

Have A Nice Sunday Guys
Cheers

1 Like

Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 7:11am On Feb 11, 2018
LeJeun3:

Readonee35L my man! grin

We still dey together.

Re: . by LeJeun3: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2018
Ride or Die
Readonee35L:

Re: . by Cosplay: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
The point, which you appear to have missed, was about full disclosure. You posted that you didn’t know, I replied that ignorance wasn’t really a tenable excuse.
Re: . by Cosplay: 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
aieromon:

A comprehensive VIN check costs in the neighborhood of 15 USD for single checks and you could get 3 checks for 30 USD.

But that isn’t even the point. How many adverts here have you seen the VIN actually displayed in the advert?

At no point did I suggest that the dealers be responsible for the VIN checks, since you seem to be of the opinion that the 10 or 15 USD additional fee for a VIN check would break the bank for the dealers.

I simply meant that the VINs should be compulsorily displayed, along with the rest of the advert, and relevant full disclosures be made.
Re: . by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:54am On Feb 14, 2018
aieromon:

I seem to disagree, it is the responsibility of the seller to disclose full details before presenting same for sale. it is only in a country like naija where every thing is upside down; where a suspect is guilty until proven otherwise; that the buyer should "BEWARE"!

BLUE CHIP coys are credit worthy...... why? because of their reputation and bragging rights and they know that reputation precedes any form of collateral.

I could name some monikers that I would buy rides from here on nl without doing any vin check cos their reputation precedes them!

it is the duty of the seller to present info as is, to maintain data integrity when embarking on a sale. if peradventure a potential buyer or a demeanor runs a check that contradicts any info displayed, he can and might sue seller for falsification of info............. in a more civilized world tho! aren't we trying to civilize and sanitize NL? we have to get to that stage where sellers will conduct EDD(enhanced due diligence) before displaying any car for sale for fear of scrutiny!

its like drugs, if u buy drugs from a reputable pharmacy and u confirm its fake u are already made for life if u know where to go!
Re: . by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:58am On Feb 14, 2018
Cosplay:

A comprehensive VIN check costs in the neighborhood of 15 USD for single checks and you could get 3 checks for 30 USD.

But that isn’t even the point. How many adverts here have you seen the VIN actually displayed in the advert?

At no point did I suggest that the dealers be responsible for the VIN checks, since you seem to be of the opinion that the 10 or 15 USD additional fee for a VIN check would break the bank for the dealers.

I simply meant that the VINs should be compulsorily displayed, along with the rest of the advert, and relevant full disclosures be made.

I couldn't agree with u any more than I do!!!! more than 50% of the so called tokunbo cars on nl are either heavily accidented or flooded, but no dealer will tell u that! it's like a cult, talk and others kill u

at what point will the buyers stop with vin check? or will it continue foreva?
buyers checking vin should neither be the norm nor a standard deviation from the norm, it's a damage control measure and it is ABNORMAL!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toks 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 / Tokunbo 2017 Honda CR-V SOLD!!! / 2012 Hyundai Elantra For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.