Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

PLS Help, Research Analysis Method - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PLS Help, Research Analysis Method (560 Views)

Projects, Research, Analysis And Evaluation Solutions / Research/analysis / Nairaland Mathematician. Pls Help Solve This Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLS Help, Research Analysis Method by amprat: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good day,
can anyone please help me with the method to use for analysing this research questions, I have my data already but am confused because am not using the usual variables I mean the AGREE, STRONGLY AGREE etc so have got nothing to multiply my data with in order to get the mean and then do the standard deviation
kindly find example of the questions below
1. which medium is do you use more often when sourcing for news? (options.).. internet..... television..... others..... none

2.which medium is more reliable in sourcing for news (same options as Above)
3.which medium is not popular to you
section b
1. the kind of information you usually access is related to
...entertainment .....current affairs.... education.... others

2. what factor makes one medium more popular than the other
...accessibility.... reliability.... precedence...... others
Your hel,p would be appreciated
NB I didn't formulate the research questions o, just helping out.
Re: PLS Help, Research Analysis Method by onlyme07(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
amprat:
Good day,
can anyone please help me with the method to use for analysing this research questions, I have my data already but am confused because am not using the usual variables I mean the AGREE, STRONGLY AGREE etc so have got nothing to multiply my data with in order to get the mean and then do the standard deviation
kindly find example of the questions below
1. which medium is do you use more often when sourcing for news? (options.).. internet..... television..... others..... none

2.which medium is more reliable in sourcing for news (same options as Above)
3.which medium is not popular to you
section b
1. the kind of information you usually access is related to
...entertainment .....current affairs.... education.... others

2. what factor makes one medium more popular than the other
...accessibility.... reliability.... precedence...... others
Your hel,p would be appreciated
NB I didn't formulate the research questions o, just helping out.

You stated what you didn't use without stating what you use in gathering your data.
Re: PLS Help, Research Analysis Method by amprat: 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
onlyme07:

You stated what you didn't use without stating what you use in gathering your data.
Questionnaire was used in gathering the data, thanks
Re: PLS Help, Research Analysis Method by Kampack: 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2018
You have to enter your data on SPSS.
Ensure you code them assign values to them e.g Male: 1, Female: 2. etc

You cannot derive mean of non-parametric data because they do not have real mean (i.e where you use likert scale, e.g good, very good, average, excellent). You can only get their median. again you can only do a Spearman rank correlation for them, you cannot do pearsons test, t-test, or analysis of variance ANOVA as they are ordinal data with data central measure as median and Not mean.

1 Like

Re: PLS Help, Research Analysis Method by amprat: 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
thank you
Re: PLS Help, Research Analysis Method by amprat: 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
Kampack:
You have to enter your data on SPSS.
Ensure you code them assign values to them e.g Male: 1, Female: 2. etc

You cannot derive mean of non-parametric data because they do not have real mean (i.e where you use likert scale, e.g good, very good, average, excellent). You can only get their
. again you can only do a Spearman rank correlation for them, you cannot do pearsons test, t-test, or analysis of variance ANOVA as they are ordinal data with data central measure as median and Not mean.

alright, so have been trying to use Google to try and figure out the
spear man method but I think I learn better with practical example, the examples are of two variables e. g maths and English but am working on 4 variables here, how am I to include it, so please if you don't mind can you help me analyse the first question, I have supplied the data
1.what medium do you use more often in sourcing for news
(a) internet (b) television (c) others (d) none
165 ----- internet
70 ----- television
15------ others
0----- none
Total sample size= 250
please help, I really appreciate.
Re: PLS Help, Research Analysis Method by amprat: 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
solution found, thanks to everyone that cared

(1) (Reply)

UNIUYO 2018/2019 JUPEB Admission Screening Form Released / JAMB 2018- What You Should Know About JAMB Cut Off Mark / NSUK: SUG Senate Suspends Union President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.