Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Software Defined Networking - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Software Defined Networking (536 Views)

Software-defined Data Center Market Size, Share And Forecast 2023 / Hardware And Networking Class / FG Approves Cisco Networking Academy In Federal Unity Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Software Defined Networking by Demaj: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
What is Software Define Networking (SDN)?

SDN is basically a network architecture approach that enables the network to be intelligently and centrally controlled, or ‘programmed,’ using software applications. This helps operators manage the entire network consistently and holistically, regardless of the underlying network technology.

Enterprises, carriers, and service providers are being surrounded by a number of competing forces. The monumental growth in multimedia content, the explosion of cloud computing, the impact of increasing mobile usage, and continuing business pressures to reduce costs while revenues remain flat are all converging to wreak havoc on traditional business models.

To keep pace, many of these players are turning to SDN technology to revolutionize network design and operations.

SDN enables the programming of network behavior in a centrally controlled manner through software applications using open APIs. By opening up traditionally closed network platforms and implementing a common SDN control layer, operators can manage the entire network and its devices consistently, regardless of the complexity of the underlying network technology.

Vendors leading these evolutions are Cisco, VMware,

source: http://www.ciena.com/insights/what-is/What-Is-SDN.html
cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Software Defined Networking by Eddysmart: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
hey, Demaj. I read your other topic and this one and I must say I am impressed. I am soon going to be on a project to implement one of Cisco's SDN solutions for a bank and I would love to talk to you and glean from your experience. Please see your DM so I can send you a an email. Thank you.
Re: Software Defined Networking by Demaj: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
Eddysmart:
hey, Demaj. I read your other topic and this one and I must say I am impressed. I am soon going to be on a project to implement one of Cisco's SDN solutions for a bank and I would love to talk to you and glean from your experience. Please see your DM so I can send you a an email. Thank you.

Hi Eddysmart, What type of SDN do you want to implement? Is it Cisco SDN using Cisco APIC controller? To be honest with you, I have not worked on any SDN project but I am hoping for one someday. I have attended Cisco APIC training and it's quite fun to learn new things.

Like I said, if you need materials on it, I can share it with you and if I am free, I don't mind joining you on the project but currently I am on a Cisco Collaboration project.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Laptops Under #100k: 5 Top Picks For Your Budget / 6 Tips From Novice Ent Blogger To Veteran Youtuber [top 5 Youtube Secretes] / Password Recovery On Yahoo Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.