Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

The Basis Of Computer File - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Basis Of Computer File (1041 Views)

History Of Computer Keyboard / What Aspect Of Computer/ict Should I Learn As A Non-computer Student / What Are The Uses Of Computer (with Definition) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Basis Of Computer File by bovage(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
A computer file can be defined as a block of arbitrary information or resources used to store information that is available to the computer program which is usually based on some kind of durable storage
Types of Computer File
1.)Data File: It is used to store data
2.)Text File: It is used to store document or text.
3.)Program File: It is used to store computer instruction.
Definition of Terms used in Computer File
1.) Character: This is the smallest element of file which can be either letter,number or special characters.
2.) Field: This is the collection of characters or bytes that makes up a single fact or unit of information called Data Item. It is also known as Data Field.
3.)Record: This can be defined as the collection of related field or data item.
4.)Computer File: This can be defined as the collection of related record.
5.) Database: This is the collection of related file. File are usually integrated in database using database management system e.g Microsoft Access, Oracle etc
5.)Key field:This is used for identify record so that it can locate and process it.
Types of Key field
There are there different types of key field and they are:
i.)Primary key field: This type of field is unique i.e Only one of it exist. It is also known as 10 key field e.g Matric Number , Admission Number, Registration Number of students.
ii.) Secondary Key field: This is also known as 20. Example is Department.
iii.) Tertiary Key field: This is also known as 30. Example is Faculty.
[url] https://9jabexclusive./2018/01/31/the-basics-of-computer-file/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Super Neat Macbook Pro 13 - 640gb HDD / 8gb Ram / Core I7 At N205,000k_ / Unlock your mifi modem and LTE / Things That Consume Data On Windows 10 Laptops.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.