Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? (1134 Views)

How Do I Create Wordpress Affiliate And Reward System Like Nnu.ng And Wakanda.ng / I Create Eye-catching Dynamic Website,Online Payment form,E-commerce,NGO,course, / How Can I Create Football Prediction Table In Wordpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by RuddyFusion(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2018
Please i will appreciate if someone will help out here.

I'M about working on a site for a friend who's based abroad. One of the requirement he gave me is that the site should have a Canadian version, meaning that

If one is in Canada browsing the site, the person will be automatically redirected to the Canadian version of the site or shown a pop-up asking him to move over to the Canadian version of the site.

Please how can i implement the above?

Thanks
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by yomalex(m): 10:38am On Mar 06, 2018
popup on site load with the information
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by RuddyFusion(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2018
yomalex:
popup on site load with the information

How do i go about creating that version? and implementing the pop-up?

Will i duplicate the contents on the existing site for the new one or? Will it need a new domain? the Canadian version? ( As a sub or AddON domain?)

Will it need to be hosted on a different server or same host account with the general Nigeria one? these are the technical details that i need
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by Duchman67: 11:18am On Mar 06, 2018
I did a little script sitting on the index page that looks at the browser and directs to the mobile version if the traffic is from a mobile device. So I guess you can get a script sitting on the index page that looks at the incoming ip and directs to an index page with canadian content if traffic is from canada.....http://www.nirsoft.net/countryip/ca.html

You may need to create another folder or directory for the Canadian content so that the links will be local and easy to manage.
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by RuddyFusion(m): 11:40am On Mar 06, 2018
Duchman67:
I did a little script sitting on the index page that looks at the browser and directs to the mobile version if the traffic is from a mobile device. So I guess you can get a script sitting on the index page that looks at the incoming ip and directs to an index page with canadian content if traffic is from canada.....http://www.nirsoft.net/countryip/ca.html

You may need to create another folder or directory for the Canadian content so that the links will be local and easy to manage.

First thanks for a more detailed response.....

1) The site in question is a WordPress site ( as par the script part of it )

2) Secondly you're suggesting i have a sub-domain that will have similar structure as the original site but with contents tailored for the Canadian audience?
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by yomalex(m): 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
RuddyFusion:

How do i go about creating that version? and implementing the pop-up?

Will i duplicate the contents on the existing site for the new one or? Will it need a new domain? the Canadian version? ( As a sub or AddON domain?)

Will it need to be hosted on a different server or same host account with the general Nigeria one? these are the technical details that i need
duplicate content but tailored to canadian audience preferably subdomain
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by Duchman67: 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
RuddyFusion:

2) Secondly you're suggesting i have a sub-domain that will have similar structure as the original site but with contents tailored for the Canadian audience?

You can get a script on Wordpress or use a pluging to do redirect based on ip source.
The directory is needed enhance the content. Contact me on whatsapp 08135464570
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by RuddyFusion(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2018
Duchman67:

You can get a script on Wordpress or use a pluging to do redirect based on ip source.
The directory is needed enhance the content. Contact me on whatsapp 08135464570

Have searched for plugins on this, not seeing the exact thing any suggestion on WP plugin to use for this? might call
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by RuddyFusion(m): 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2018
yomalex:
duplicate content but tailored to canadian audience preferably subdomain

Ok a subdomain thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by shineforthmedia: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
RuddyFusion:

d best solution is to setup multisite on wordpress and add a subdomain .

(1) (Reply)

Get Any Type Of Website Design For You Free Of Charge.. / What Do You Think About This New Soccer Blog / Do You Have Developed Or Undeveloped Domain Name For Sale Post Them Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.